Percy Hynes White

Magnetite

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Man, if his account is truthful that sucks so bad.
Definitely awful if accurate. :(

Regardless, I think he did wise to lay low on social media and maybe get legal or at least crisis management/PR firm advice in the past while.

Here is the statement for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Attachments

phaedrun

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We're in a new era of believing victims so maybe the reactions of the bad folks have changed, but his message really seems heartfelt. Compared to the reactions of others accused of similar things with more evidence, his concern is far more for others than himself.

Reactions: Zi19 and Saosin7

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh so this is the joshua basset thing all over again, where someone was pissed at him for no reason and decided to make shit up to ruin his life. that's fandoms for ya.
the attacking the family and doxxing doesn't surprise me either. that's fandom for ya. when they decide they wanna ruin someone's life, they'll go to great lengths to do so and get as many people from that person's private life involved. because that's fandom for ya. unchecked and unhinged

Magnetite

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
New (August 2023) photoshoot pics of Percy by LA fashion photographer Sam Dameshek. :heart_eyes:

Percy-20230826-01.jpg

Percy-20230826-02.jpg

Percy-20230826-03.jpg

Percy-20230826-04.jpg

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
feel sorry for him about those false allegations

I mean, I’m not saying they were real necessarily, but there’s nothing to indicate they were false either, other than him saying “they’re false” which is hardly a neutral opinion.

happysisyphos

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mean, I’m not saying they were real necessarily, but there’s nothing to indicate they were false either, other than him saying “they’re false” which is hardly a neutral opinion.

img-0339-64807c904cdb2.jpeg

the burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused. until there's more than internet gossip and anonymous accusations I'm gonna believe him bc his statement was solid.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
img-0339-64807c904cdb2.jpeg

the burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused. until there's more than internet gossip and anonymous accusations I'm gonna believe him bc his statement was solid.

I mean, that's fine, you're welcome to believe him. However we know, after countless examples, that accusations of sexual assault or harassment are often dismissed out of hand and there is often little proof beyond the word of the individuals involved. Standard ideas of burden of proof are insufficient. Beyond that, as individuals we are not bound by legal burdens to determine what we believe and how we will respond. The allegations are over incidents that took place a number of years ago making them very difficult to verify. Whether or not Percy ever did anything illegal, it sounds like he was at least engaged in some pretty shitty behavior. Hopefully he's grown up and grown out if it. Perhaps this was a wakeup call for him. We'll never know until we know.

happysisyphos

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mean, that's fine, you're welcome to believe him. However we know, after countless examples, that accusations of sexual assault or harassment are often dismissed out of hand and there is often little proof beyond the word of the individuals involved. Standard ideas of burden of proof are insufficient. Beyond that, as individuals we are not bound by legal burdens to determine what we believe and how we will respond. The allegations are over incidents that took place a number of years ago making them very difficult to verify. Whether or not Percy ever did anything illegal, it sounds like he was at least engaged in some pretty shitty behavior. Hopefully he's grown up and grown out if it. Perhaps this was a wakeup call for him. We'll never know until we know.
I don't disagree, I usually tend to believe SA accusations myself as long as they appear credible. Anonymous rumors on twitter do not qualify. There's a trend on social media these days to pathologise everything, to self-diagnose every mental disorder under the sun, to victimize yourself and mindlessly throw labels like abuse and grooming around with no concept of what they actually mean. To me the anonymous accuser sounded like that type of person. If there was any intercourse they probably were drinking, had consensual sex and then afterwards she convinced herself it was assault bc she was drunk and bc she was under 18.

Reactions: Caesarimp