Percy Hynes White

twinkscentral

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
exactly. So far there is zero actual evidence. If he did it, I hope he goes to jail. But as of right now, there is not enough for anything to happen
what evidence do you expect them to come up with? videos of it happening??? they have photos and texts with him proving they know him. if this was a lie there wouldn’t be so many people coming forward. yall are just bending over backwards to make excuses for him

Nimajnev

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what evidence do you expect them to come up with? videos of it happening??? they have photos and texts with him proving they know him. if this was a lie there wouldn’t be so many people coming forward. yall are just bending over backwards to make excuses for him
There's no need for excuses. Knowing someone doesn't equate to... anything, honestly.

That's the big thing. I don't mind offering grace and understanding to people who make allegations. But I can't in good conscience agree with going after people when there's no evidence. The law (however ineffectual it may be) must be involved.

I get that's why sexual assault / r*pe allegations are so difficult to deal with, but that doesn't mean we can go after people without evidence.

Empirerec

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Social media mobs go both ways, social media fall out often dissuades victims from coming forward.

We should never encourage or defend social media mob mentality, it's scary, dangerous and is genuinely ruining our society.

However, as a survivor myself who is constantly being pressured by my therapist to press charges, no matter how understanding and kind the police are it's incredibly difficult to take abusers to court and unpopular opinion despite living with the trauma of it myself, it's a good thing that it's hard, the burden of proof needs to be high. It's better to let ten guilty men go free than let one innocent man go to jail.

While I don't know a lot about this case, I think we need to learn balance. I think it's possible to listen and support victims of abuse while also believing that an accused person is innocent until proven guilty. I think most of us get this nuance in this thread tbh from what I've read and noone here is defending social media mobs

Bwallz86

Admired Member
Media
Social media mobs go both ways, social media fall out often dissuades victims from coming forward.

We should never encourage or defend social media mob mentality, it's scary, dangerous and is genuinely ruining our society.

However, as a survivor myself who is constantly being pressured by my therapist to press charges, no matter how understanding and kind the police are it's incredibly difficult to take abusers to court and unpopular opinion despite living with the trauma of it myself, it's a good thing that it's hard, the burden of proof needs to be high. It's better to let ten guilty men go free than let one innocent man go to jail.

While I don't know a lot about this case, I think we need to learn balance. I think it's possible to listen and support victims of abuse while also believing that an accused person is innocent until proven guilty. I think most of us get this nuance in this thread tbh from what I've read and noone here is defending social media mobs
Sorry you experienced that, but glad you’ve been getting help and have come out the other end of the tunnel stronger.

slyfox234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
this!!! i’m not sure why the apologists are so sold on this evidence argument. what evidence would even please them? the victims have said their testimonies and provided evidence that they knew him. common sense tells you that if multiple people are coming forward that the allegations are clearly not baseless. a lot of the gross misogynistic tweets he’s tweeted/liked show me the type of person he is and that he’s not worth supporting regardless.

DopeasaRope

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If he was aware of them being under age than he should be charged & locked up, but if they lied & he didn't know seeing nobody is carded or shows their birth certificate who's to actually know. Older look young. Young look older
That's the thing with the lewds. Even though we have the images, there's no confirmation that they were sent to a minor.
Years ago a youtuber called ProJared was accused of sending nudes to minors among other things. When he finally responded to the accusations, he provided proof that he asked if they were of age beforehand and that there was no coercion involved.

I'm not saying the accusers are lying. I'm cautiously sitting on the fence here. As time goes on we will get more information which could be 100% undeniable proof, but it's important to consider how delicate an issue like this is.

twinkscentral

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's no need for excuses. Knowing someone doesn't equate to... anything, honestly.

That's the big thing. I don't mind offering grace and understanding to people who make allegations. But I can't in good conscience agree with going after people when there's no evidence. The law (however ineffectual it may be) must be involved.

I get that's why sexual assault / r*pe allegations are so difficult to deal with, but that doesn't mean we can go after people without evidence.
again what evidence do you expect them to come up with?

there’s multiple witnesses and people saying these things happened. come off it
That's the thing with the lewds. Even though we have the images, there's no confirmation that they were sent to a minor.
Years ago a youtuber called ProJared was accused of sending nudes to minors among other things. When he finally responded to the accusations, he provided proof that he asked if they were of age beforehand and that there was no coercion involved.

I'm not saying the accusers are lying. I'm cautiously sitting on the fence here. As time goes on we will get more information which could be 100% undeniable proof, but it's important to consider how delicate an issue like this is.
thats not all he is being accused off though. the main thing he’s been accused of is getting younger girls black out drunk to have sex with them from multiple sources

egres

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Everyone but Jenny Ortega is replaceable on that show lol.

They don't even need to go back to the school, a season 2 could be set at summer break and have her at the Addams family home and would be just as big if not bigger.

Percy is not a big part of the show all things considered, he's just a supporting character. It's all Jenny Ortega.

Seriously how good was her dead pan delivery on that show... Such a delightful surprise.
what about thing? Viktor Dorobantu