Percy Hynes White

Magnetite

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
The Daily Mail is reporting today that he's been written out of the upcoming season of Wednesday.
:( Aww man. Here's the article.

And I'd read he was already cancelled as part of the line-up at Comic-Con London in October but no word on the Stuttgart one in Germany in December where he was scheduled.

Reactions: Zi19

Lightx293

Loved Member
Media
Okay possible trashness aside wtf is up with those weird ass forehead/overhead shots he keeps doing. Lookin like some cartoon network villain ass over here smh

H3xAD

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[...] we know, after countless examples, that accusations of sexual assault or harassment are often dismissed out of hand and there is often little proof beyond the word of the individuals involved. Standard ideas of burden of proof are insufficient. Beyond that, as individuals we are not bound by legal burdens to determine what we believe and how we will respond. [...]
I try to avoid getting involved in any non-thirsty conversations here, especially ones that involve serious topics like this, but I'm going to have to break that rule and call you out about what you've said here.

As a society, we need to do better at supporting victims of sexual abuse and addressing the root causes proactively so as to stop it from happening. What we do not need to do—no, what we absolutely should not do—is accept any and all accusations against someone, let alone turn criminal matters over to the court of public opinion.

You can say that it only happens in a minority of cases, but false accusations do happen, and they ruin lives. Even when the accuser recants, universities refuse to take back students they expelled, jobs refuse to re-hire people they fired, wives refuse to take back husbands they divorced, courts refuse to give back custody of children they took away, and so on. These things happen over lies.

The most fundamental concept in the western justice system is “Innocent until proven guilty”. But between newspapers publishing when someone is arrested (not convicted) on sexual assault charges, the Internet being full of reactionary morons who want to be at the forefront of an echo chamber no matter whose reputation they trash, and companies having no loyalty to any employee let alone one who is accused of a heinous crime, this whole idea doesn't seem to count anymore.

It's shitty, but accusers do need to bear the burden of proof, no matter the charge. Otherwise the whole system falls apart.

If you sincerely believe that the current system is 'insufficient', then you need to lobby your politician to take meaningful action to clear the backlog of rape kits and support better sex ed in schools so that people understand not only what is wrong, but why and how it hurts others. What you absolutely should not do is advocate throwing away the basic premise of our justice system.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I try to avoid getting involved in any non-thirsty conversations here, especially ones that involve serious topics like this, but I'm going to have to break that rule and call you out about what you've said here.

As a society, we need to do better at supporting victims of sexual abuse and addressing the root causes proactively so as to stop it from happening. What we do not need to do—no, what we absolutely should not do—is accept any and all accusations against someone, let alone turn criminal matters over to the court of public opinion.

You can say that it only happens in a minority of cases, but false accusations do happen, and they ruin lives. Even when the accuser recants, universities refuse to take back students they expelled, jobs refuse to re-hire people they fired, wives refuse to take back husbands they divorced, courts refuse to give back custody of children they took away, and so on. These things happen over lies.

The most fundamental concept in the western justice system is “Innocent until proven guilty”. But between newspapers publishing when someone is arrested (not convicted) on sexual assault charges, the Internet being full of reactionary morons who want to be at the forefront of an echo chamber no matter whose reputation they trash, and companies having no loyalty to any employee let alone one who is accused of a heinous crime, this whole idea doesn't seem to count anymore.

It's shitty, but accusers do need to bear the burden of proof, no matter the charge. Otherwise the whole system falls apart.

If you sincerely believe that the current system is 'insufficient', then you need to lobby your politician to take meaningful action to clear the backlog of rape kits and support better sex ed in schools so that people understand not only what is wrong, but why and how it hurts others. What you absolutely should not do is advocate throwing away the basic premise of our justice system.

I don’t think I or anyone was doubting how the justice system works or the concept of the presumption of innocence. But once again, it is often insufficient and frequently gets it wrong. Frankly, it’s absurd to put the burden of fixing it on my shoulders because I’ve observed that it’s insufficient is wrong. Like oh, okay, I’ll get right on that. I’m sure I, personally, will have a lot more luck than everyone else who has tried to fix it.

And I was not attempting to promote some kind of trial of public opinion, but as individuals and as consumers, we can choose (to some extent) who we want to support. If you disapprove of an actor or artist, for whatever reason, you can choose not to support their work, even if they have not been convicted of a crime.

Jeffer2580

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't know if the allegations are true but the way Jenna acted around him when he tried to wrap his hands around her shoulders,she shrugged it off and from her reaction ,she wasn't happy,that's kinda saying something

Reactions: Charliepeekaboo

mostloyal

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't know if the allegations are true but the way Jenna acted around him when he tried to wrap his hands around her shoulders,she shrugged it off and from her reaction ,she wasn't happy,that's kinda saying something
But then a few months later she was seen hanging out with him and his friends at a party. That’s kinda saying something. Maybe she wasn’t that uncomfortable after all

mostloyal

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
She was actually seen hanging out with him several times after that as well. What I’m saying is she and Percy seem to be really good friends so, if he really made her feel uncomfortable I doubt she would’ve continued said friendship with him

Walking_Zombie

Mythical Member
Media
Oh thanks for the correction, didn't know that. I'm not relating anything with anything,just saying what I observed even the commenters on the IG post said it too
You probably shouldn't be getting your information from, or forming your opinions on things from social media comment sections. It's not exactly a reliable source of information. It's just a bunch of random people with baseless opinions looking for drama to spice up their miserable lives.

Mits1092

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You probably shouldn't be getting your information from, or forming your opinions on things from social media comment sections. It's not exactly a reliable source of information. It's just a bunch of random people with baseless opinions looking for drama to spice up their miserable lives.
You mean all those BDE posts aren't factual? All those, bet he's hung, aren't real? Now I'm sad.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She was actually seen hanging out with him several times after that as well. What I’m saying is she and Percy seem to be really good friends so, if he really made her feel uncomfortable I doubt she would’ve continued said friendship with him

Lots of people continue to have social relations with people who make them uncomfortable or even abuse them. Some people evens stay married to them for years. None of this means anything. We don't know what's what, and we're probably not ever gonna know what's what. There's no smoking gun for or against him.

Reactions: Jeffer2580

Nimajnev

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lots of people continue to have social relations with people who make them uncomfortable or even abuse them. Some people evens stay married to them for years. None of this means anything. We don't know what's what, and we're probably not ever gonna know what's what. There's no smoking gun for or against him.
I dunno, seems to me that if there's no smoking gun against him, he shouldn't need a smoking gun for him, you know?

Reactions: H3xAD

Jeffer2580

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Except it wasn't based on people's opinions but on mine based on the video that I saw