Tye sheridan

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
I hate this
Going full frontal has become more commonplace in mainstream movies and TV shows, relatively speaking of course. The negative reviews were about other issues. It's not like what happened with A Home at the End of the World, in which Colin Farrell's penis was apparently a distraction for test audiences, so the scene ended up being cut.

Trying to fix a movie that wasn't well received is one thing, but why would this theoretical scene be cut in the theatrical release? Why would it ever have been a problem?
I didn't know this at all about A Home at at the end of the world. This movie was the first movie that I ever saw that had nudity/gay content and I was so shocked. Had like my 9 year old self seen a penis I probably would've hyperventilated:joy::joy:

Dex5

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You provided the logic and answer to your question within your own post! :emoji_fearful:

OMG, I'm so dumb. Thanks for pointing that out. So we should all assume that a similar situation has taken place with this movie? Times haven't changed? Whatever...

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
does anyone here actually have interest in it? i do, it looks pretty good plus sean penn is a great actor. ill be watching it this weekend so long as its out on the torrents.
yeah I'm also going to watch it. The storyline seems up my alley. I think right now it's only playing in theatres so it's gonna be a while before the torrents are out unless we get a cam copy

Reactions: Anron

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
does anyone here actually have interest in it? i do, it looks pretty good plus sean penn is a great actor. ill be watching it this weekend so long as its out on the torrents.

I was looking forward to a movie like this to be made about paramedics. More on the grittier side than the Disney version we from TV shows. It kind of reminds me of Training Day, which was really good.

Penn is a fantastic actor!

Reactions: Anron

xander_7

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Oof, from commonsensemedia. Nothing about male rear nudity or anything. :(

Fairly graphic sex scene that includes choking "play" (which turns into actual choking by accident). Nearly full-frontal female nudity (everything except genital area is shown), and men are shown bare-chested as they dress in their uniform shirts. Sexual language.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Fairly graphic sex scene that includes choking "play" (which turns into actual choking by accident). Nearly full-frontal female nudity (everything except genital area is shown), and men are shown bare-chested as they dress in their uniform shirts. Sexual language.
Damn. It seems they gutted all of Tye's nude scenes. I wonder what happened? If this was the DVD era we would have least got a Director's cut down the road. I miss those days. It seemed most movie would eventually get a director, unrated, or extended cut lol. I guess one of the downsides of everything going digital. No incentive to do special editions.

• Wow
Reactions: Dman1130

bigboobie

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

So there is no nudity from Tye at all then

Dex5

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

here's the tweet for reference:
View attachment 97761231

That tweet was deleted. Was there any other source confirming this?

I find it unlikely that they would have test audiences for a movie that didn't have any realistic chance of being even moderately successful, either at the box office or on streaming, etc. Why waste more money?

If there was ever a full frontal scene from Tye, cutting it from the final release had nothing to do with hurting potential ticket sales/downloads/views. Saltburn was well reviewed and had awards attention, but it went viral mostly because of Barry Keoghan's nudity.

Anyway, if their goal was to dump this movie with nothing to grab some headlines, then mission accomplished.

Reactions: maus77

hugo_98

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That tweet was deleted. Was there any other source confirming this?
There's another report from someone who has seen the movie at one of the festivals back then:
It's very brief. Tye is sitting on bed. Main focus is on his face but you could tell he is fully nude. He appears to be uncut.

xander_7

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So there you have it:

There is some side butt in two scenes, but no actually butt shot. And maybe some out of focus dick, but basically nothing to really see or see in detail.

But don't worry, y'all. His female co-star is naked in all of their scenes and they show her very explicitly! So we're good!