Ryan potter..:)

Shadowball

Legendary Member
Media
I can't understand why people take the time and energy to go to a guy's thread and talk shit about their abilities, their projects, etc.

Just scroll past his name.

And yes, yes, you can post negative opinions, it's not against the rules, blah blah blah. And you're right! Of course you can post them. But I can post how much they annoy me.

LJShifting

Expert Member
Media
Has anyone seen that short film that he was starring in... you know, the one called 'Stuck' where he's stuck inside a sex doll.

I feel like it was teased quite a while ago, and the IMDB page has it listed as a 2023 film. I can't find it online anywhere.

Did it release and I somehow just completely missed it? I'm surprised I haven't seen more about it online.

Attachments

Reactions: KMAuulemnts

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
“DC’s Titans” had lots of problems but I had zero issues with Ryan’s performance, I thought he was perfect for the role. Pity the series was effed over by its writing and its corporate parent. Warner Bros. was at the height of its identity crisis and mismanagement.

LJShifting

Expert Member
Media
“DC’s Titans” had lots of problems but I had zero issues with Ryan’s performance, I thought he was perfect for the role. Pity the series was effed over by its writing and its corporate parent. Warner Bros. was at the height of its identity crisis and mismanagement.
I remember from an interview in Season 4, that the only reason Ryan had a big storyline in Season 4 was because he'd threatened to quit if he didn't get one in that season.

Regardless of opinion on the character/performance, it's crazy that one of the "main four" cast members had to go that far to even get some attention on the show.

Titans had such an issue with focusing on the right characters... and yeah, writing in general, sadly.

mikyang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you obivously have never read the comic books

Reactions: PsychicPenguin22

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
you obivously have never read the comic books
Longtime Titans and Teen Titans reader here :cool: Potter legit brought Gar Logan to life. Had the tv series not stupidly cast a minor in the role of Raven, then the actual Beast Boy/Raven romance they had planned for them would’ve given him way more to do

mikyang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not with his cardboard acting he didn't. Be fr. Dude's terrible even for CW standards.
and he obviously wasnt in the era of when The new teen titans were the best! with George perez RIP

The writing and Perez artwork was amazing ryan was a cardboard for this series thank god it got cancelled

Reactions: LJShifting

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It really surprises me to hear you guys trash him so hard. When “DC’s Titans” was on my friends and I really liked him, and the online comics communities I was a part of also gave him overall thumbs up. We disliked the writing and a lot of the production choices, but most people I know had no problem with Potter, just how the show backburnered him or misused his character’s powers.

PsychicPenguin22

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I mean, he's cute and all and on paper I can see why the showrunners thought his casting was a good fit. But he's just an atrocious actor, there's no two ways about it.

Regardless of the terrible writing, you would've thought the guy playing the comic relief would be able to land at least one line delivery over 5 seasons but he didn't.

He was so, so bad and just looked out of his depth in a cast where pretty much everyone except Ritchson was also struggling hard.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mean, he's cute and all and on paper I can see why the showrunners thought his casting was a good fit. But he's just an atrocious actor, there's no two ways about it.

Regardless of the terrible writing, you would've thought the guy playing the comic relief would be able to land at least one line delivery over 5 seasons but he didn't.

He was so, so bad and just looked out of his depth in a cast where pretty much everyone except Ritchson was also struggling hard.

Idk, I didn't think he was any worse than most of the people on that show. A few of them were okay, but it wasn't exactly much of an acting or writing showcase. Given how atrocious most of the writing was I'm inclined to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt until I see him in something else.

mikyang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It really surprises me to hear you guys trash him so hard. When “DC’s Titans” was on my friends and I really liked him, and the online comics communities I was a part of also gave him overall thumbs up. We disliked the writing and a lot of the production choices, but most people I know had no problem with Potter, just how the show backburnered him or misused his character’s powers.
go read the comics