Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Soooo, I kind of think Gar / Beast Boy is the worst character on the show. Super annoying. Oops. I might be alone in that but Gar scenes are painful.

But Ryan is a stud. Hot as hell. So there's that.
I think the writing of last two seasons ruined all the characters. Even Nightwing wasn't interesting enough. :(

Reactions: LJShifting

PsychicPenguin22

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Soooo, I kind of think Gar / Beast Boy is the worst character on the show. Super annoying. Oops. I might be alone in that but Gar scenes are painful.

But Ryan is a stud. Hot as hell. So there's that.
It doesn't help that Ryan is the worst actor in the show.

Reactions: LJShifting

WiccanRoo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He would make a great Wiz-kid over in the MCU. (Wiz is a smart ass smarty, maybe Technopath, in a tricked out chair.) Or why not Douglas (Cipher). Im sure if Douglas and Warlock merge there could be near nude scenes for you freaks.

LJShifting

Expert Member
Media
He would make a great Wiz-kid over in the MCU. (Wiz is a smart ass smarty, maybe Technopath, in a tricked out chair.) Or why not Douglas (Cipher). Im sure if Douglas and Warlock merge there could be near nude scenes for you freaks.
As long as he doesn’t play Beast Boy again. Near nudity is a nice bonus.

PsychicPenguin22

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I thought I was the only one that thought that. I don't understand all the praise his Gar has.

He's just an awful character. Annoying, whiney. If he wasn't hot, I would've wanted Titans to write him out ages ago.
He's so, so bad. His acting is wooden for CW standards and even though he's playing a character known for being fun and hyper charismatic, his performance is so flat and low-energy. And the worst part is when he tries to be "funny," it's physically painful.

You know who would've been excellent as Gar? Inaki Godoy, the dude who plays Luffy in One Piece. Now that's one energetic and charismatic motherfucker.

LJShifting

Expert Member
Media
He's so, so bad. His acting is wooden for CW standards and even though he's playing a character known for being fun and hyper charismatic, his performance is so flat and low-energy. And the worst part is when he tries to be "funny," it's physically painful.

You know who would've been excellent as Gar? Inaki Godoy, the dude who plays Luffy in One Piece. Now that's one energetic and charismatic motherfucker.
I couldn't agree more, everything you said is exactly how I felt about Gar / Ryan on Titans. That episode in Season 4 focused on him was such a painful grind to get through. Beast Boy didn't deserve an episode to himself on Titans - hell, he didn't deserve to be on the team. I always found myself hoping that the next episode would be the one that got rid of Gar for good, because that would be preferable to having Ryan still there.

And oh man, his humour. It's awful. I feel sorry for the Titans - because Gar seems like he'd be absolutely insufferable to be around.

Oh, I have seen that fan casting and I completely agree. I wish they could've re-cast Gar. If I was able to change one thing about the show, it would be that.

Also - as soon as this website allows me to DM you (I just set up my account), I hope you don't mind if I do - there's so much I need to get off my chest about him, and I feel like you get me!

LJShifting

Expert Member
Media
Tim Drake, Conner Kent and Wally West where my heroes and Titans did two of those dirty. I like the actors hated the writing, so i feel everyone on Gar.
Oh I get that for sure. Wally might have been lucky to escape that...

I did enjoy Conner's ass shots though... before they made him bald.

Gar was just unbearable in general. Poor Tim and Conner having to deal with him.

PsychicPenguin22

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh I get that for sure. Wally might have been lucky to escape that...

I did enjoy Conner's ass shots though... before they made him bald.

Gar was just unbearable in general. Poor Tim and Conner having to deal with him.
Conner's ass shots before the baldness were the single redemption quality of the show, even though they made the fact that we never got one for Dick all the more ridiculous.

oddpurple

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Non-Binary
Not to jump in on the dog pile and I think I’ve said it before but it’s especially annoying we never got full real nudity with at least an ass shot from Ryan considering how many other characters were naked.

Like not to view the actors as just pieces of meat but come on lol

LJShifting

Expert Member
Media
Not to jump in on the dog pile and I think I’ve said it before but it’s especially annoying we never got full real nudity with at least an ass shot from Ryan considering how many other characters were naked.

Like not to view the actors as just pieces of meat but come on lol
Haha, right?

It’s kind of the least Ryan could have done. Gar was naked SO much on the show. It’s kind of wild he didn’t at least have an ass shot considering many of the other men did.

Might’ve made Gar more.. loved by the fans.

Reactions: oddpurple

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually kind of surprising he went from bragging about how big his dick is to refusing to even show his ass.

...One was done in private and then leaked without his consent, and the other was pre-discussed for a publicly available show lol. Them's apples and oranges