JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A friend of mine told me that to this day, communal or open showers are still a thing in frat houses. Then I saw this video on TikTok. At least in the US, communal showers are disappearing from schools, gyms, etc. across the country. That is why I couldn't believe that fraternities haven't changed to private stalls or individual bathrooms in their houses. To any frat brothers out there, how common are open showers and communal nudity in frat houses?

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can only speak from one experience.
I did not live in a frat house myself but one of best friends did, a frat house at Lehigh University.
The showers there were communal, no other options. But frat boys are known for other open nudity among each other.

Trevor

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
A friend of mine told me that to this day, communal or open showers are still a thing in frat houses. Then I saw this video on TikTok. At least in the US, communal showers are disappearing from schools, gyms, etc. across the country. That is why I couldn't believe that fraternities haven't changed to private stalls or individual bathrooms in their houses. To any frat brothers out there, how common are open showers and communal nudity in frat houses?
Never lived in a frat house but most frat houses I was in back during my college days had previously been large older homes. They usually had two or three bathrooms with a toilet, sink and a standard tub/shower or a shower stall. Not sure how all those guys got showered/ shaved in the morning. I lived in an apartment with only one full bathroom and my roommate and I would occasionally shower together if we both had an early class so I suspect the frat boys probably did the same.

One of the frat houses a buddy lived in in the 1990s was built in the 1920s and hadn't had any updates since then so the brothers had to take turns shoveling coal into the boiler in the basement that heated the house and made hot water. I think some rich alumnus donated a new gas furnace and a hot water heater and had it installed in the house so the brothers didn't have to stoke that antique boiler anymore.

JayPR

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
due to space limitations & continual need I’ve heard between 60-75% of older fraternity houses still have communal showers. (And as it should be for quality daily dose of bro bonding).
I am glad to hear this. I was under the impression that most of them were converted into private stalls as it has happened almost everywhere else.

Reactions: WadWorshipper

Trevor

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am glad to hear this. I was under the impression that most of them were converted into private stalls as it has happened almost everywhere else.
Most in the dorms have been converted to stalls. When I was an undergrad at Virginia Tech in the mid 90s the guys dorms all had open communal showers. By the time I came back for gradschool in the early 2000s they had all been converted to private stalls.

• Wow
Reactions: Tony56 and JayPR

lesterbegood

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Most in the dorms have been converted to stalls. When I was an undergrad at Virginia Tech in the mid 90s the guys dorms all had open communal showers. By the time I came back for gradschool in the early 2000s they had all been converted to private stalls.
Did every guy shower naked when it was communal?

Reactions: Alpha.Male
D

deleted22436621

Mine does not. But I get drunk at my friends frat all the time and I have woken up either naked or partially naked in their communal showers in the middle of the night. Hmu for more stories haha

jswinglexl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Did every guy shower naked when it was communal?
I went to Va Tech too (back in the 1980's) and everyone showered naked. It was no big deal back then. Not once in the two years that I lived in the dorm did I see anything like a guy wearing a bathing suit in the shower or someone doing a towel dance. To the best of my memory, about 10 showerheads in one room, usually with only 2 or 3 guys in there. Sometimes there might be 7 or 8 guys in there during busy morning times. Like urinal ettiquette, you didn't shower right next to someone else unless that was all that was open.

RyanMars

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Never lived in a frat house but most frat houses I was in back during my college days had previously been large older homes. They usually had two or three bathrooms with a toilet, sink and a standard tub/shower or a shower stall. Not sure how all those guys got showered/ shaved in the morning. I lived in an apartment with only one full bathroom and my roommate and I would occasionally shower together if we both had an early class so I suspect the frat boys probably did the same.

One of the frat houses a buddy lived in in the 1990s was built in the 1920s and hadn't had any updates since then so the brothers had to take turns shoveling coal into the boiler in the basement that heated the house and made hot water. I think some rich alumnus donated a new gas furnace and a hot water heater and had it installed in the house so the brothers didn't have to stoke that antique boiler anymore.
omg how does that happen, shower together lol
i wish i could with my old roommate but its just not the culture nowadays