Harry Lawtey - Industry On Hbo

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
They've added kit Harrington as a recurring character in the new season
Im excited for joining the show, maybe a nude scene?

Ratings were good during the pandemic / lockdowns. People really binged season 1 and created a momentum for the show. It started on weekly basis and then they dropped the entire season at once, it was the best move.

As for season 2, I guess people were invested and Myha'la became a more known face, so I guess that helped as well.
And for season 3, now the cast is getting more famous, they have big projects and some bigger names are attached to the show so, maybe that gives It a boost. Though I am not expecting a 4th season.. or maybe a 4th and last.

This is a show that works best in a release all format. So viewers can watch at their own pace. As a weekly show you start to forget the stories and other shows may grab your attention and you completely forget about this one. This happened to me last season. So I waited until all episodes aired. Not sure why they changed it for Season 2. It only caught on due to the release all episodes move.

Reactions: twfarrell

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
Im excited for joining the show, maybe a nude scene?

This is a show that works best in a release all format. So viewers can watch at their own pace. As a weekly show you start to forget the stories and other shows may grab your attention and you completely forget about this one. This happened to me last season. So I waited until all episodes aired. Not sure why they changed it for Season 2. It only caught on due to the release all episodes move.
Interestingly Kitt is the one who reached out to the showrunners seeking a role, he's a big fan of the the show! we got a clip of him saying he's there to seduce Yasmin, so who knows???

On your second point, this is a HBO show, not HBO Max. When they dropped all of it at once on Max it was because it was the pandemic and HBO Max being a new streamer at the time didn't have enough new content on the platform to satisfy users. WB was trying to put all their backing on HBO Max at that time. Once the pandemic softened there was no need for Max to borrow shows from HBO. HBO has always been a week to week channel

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Interestingly Kitt is the one who reached out to the showrunners seeking a role, he's a big fan of the the show! we got a clip of him saying he's there to seduce Yasmin, so who knows???

On your second point, this is a HBO show, not HBO Max. When they dropped all of it at once on Max it was because it was the pandemic and HBO Max being a new streamer at the time didn't have enough new content on the platform to satisfy users. WB was trying to put all their backing on HBO Max at that time. Once the pandemic softened there was no need for Max to borrow shows from HBO. HBO has always been a week to week channel
I understand all that. But the point being based on the results of the first season. They should have made a pivot to release all these episodes on HBO Max. They can still do the weekly on HBO if they wanted to, but they conditioned everyone that this was going to be an "all episodes" type of deal. I think this also hurt the second season. Most of the viewership is coming from streaming anyway, not HBO cable. The second season should have moved exclusively to HBO Max. The ratings on HBO are god awful.

Interesting note on Kit. I didn't know that.

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
I understand all that. But the point being based on the results of the first season. They should have made a pivot to release all these episodes on HBO Max. They can still do the weekly on HBO if they wanted to, but they conditioned everyone that this was going to be an "all episodes" type of deal. I think this also hurt the second season. Most of the viewership is coming from streaming anyway, not HBO cable. The second season should have moved exclusively to HBO Max. The ratings on HBO are god awful.

Interesting note on Kit. I didn't know that.

If it had moved to HBO Max it would've been cancelled, you know how many series have survived the new merger? It's only here because HBO executives(who were different from Max executives) liked it

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If it had moved to HBO Max it would've been cancelled, you know how many series have survived the new merger? It's only here because HBO executives(who were different from Max executives) liked it
No one knows that for sure. But if it wasn’t for HBO Max it would have already been cancelled. Or should I say if it wasn’t for being co-produced by the BBC as well. These two aspects are the reason it’s still here, along with HBO executives loving the show. But I get your point.

I’m just happy it’s still airing regardless of the executive motivation behind it.

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
No one knows that for sure. But if it wasn’t for HBO Max it would have already been cancelled. Or should I say if it wasn’t for being co-produced by the BBC as well. These two aspects are the reason it’s still here, along with HBO executives loving the show. But I get your point.

I’m just happy it’s still airing regardless of the executive motivation behind it.
fair... and HBO has so few shows(I think less than 15) it's a wonder that they even cancel them

Reactions: PCGarson1995

labalf

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You know what I'm going to binge the first two series.
Can anyone point out the best stuff from his character lol?
He’s a good friend with a nice heart.
He might do stupid things to impress the girl he’s in love with and has no control on the things he does to be liked by people, but he’s a good person deep down.

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
He might do stupid things to impress the girl he’s in love with and has no control on the things he does to be liked by people, but he’s a good person deep down.
he's the only good person in that whole show:joy::joy: everyone else is wicked

MrHobbs

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I saw one scene where a guy was snorting cocaine off his ass, which was interesting.

Reactions: labalf

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media