Edvin Ryding

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
"Living without gender and sexuality norms" is the new "I don't see color." People are being murdered, oppressed, and bullied into suicide because of their orientation toward gender and sexuality. Pretending that we can short-circuit ourselves into a world where those things are irrelevant is the purview of only the most foolish and privileged.
Where did I say pretending? Where did anyone say pretending? You can be unlabeled and still fight for those people. You can be a straight ally. You can be openly gay. No one is pretending that those issues don't exist by saying, 'I don't want to label myself'. The younger generation is trying to build the future they want to live in. Let them.

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
Where did I say pretending? Where did anyone say pretending?
You didn't. They used the word to communicate their point.
You can be unlabeled and still fight for those people. You can be a straight ally. You can be openly gay.
True. But why do that if you don't believe in labels. You have to label something first to be able to fight for it.
No one is pretending that those issues don't exist by saying, 'I don't want to label myself'. The younger generation is trying to build the future they want to live in. Let them.
The future must be built on reality otherwise it cannot be realized.

beherenow

Superior Member
Media
I wish it were outright blocked. I can't help but still look at it. No impulse control.
Some folks just thrive on online arguing - they like to call it "discourse"- and will take anyone to task over anything. Oppositional is their identity. You say black, they'll say white. They are ALWAYS right and you are always wrong. I learned long ago to just let them be right and move on. Not always an easy thing to do, but definitely worth it.

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of my favorite parts of the "Young Royals Forever" doc is the scene where Edvin is discussing the first time he encountered a mob of fans outside the Jimmy Fallon show in NY. During this segment, he is seen lying in the arms of one of his male costars. They are so affectionate with each other and obviously secure in their sexuality and identity, they seem completely comfortable. This isn't something you would've seen with previous generations of youth. I think it's a wonderful thing. I applaud people who identify as unlabeled. Let individuals explore and discover who they are at their own pace.
That seems quite typical of Scandi-European countries though.
They have a much better and more open discourse around affection, sex, nudity, etc.
It's only us projecting that he would be unusual for 2 boys, irregardless of sexuality, to sit cuddled up to each other to discuss things...

scratch

Sexy Member
Media
That seems quite typical of Scandi-European countries though.
They have a much better and more open discourse around affection, sex, nudity, etc.
It's only us projecting that he would be unusual for 2 boys, irregardless of sexuality, to sit cuddled up to each other to discuss things...
irregardless

Reactions: sgt.smelly

Googlingthings

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like I said before, there's a difference between being known in a certain geographic area and being known by people worldwide. There are famous people in certain places but they are not really known outside that area, was my point.
Well that’s obvious but that wasn’t your point, you never specified that “no one knew who he was WORLDWIDE” just that nobody knew who he was, even alluding to Sweden as you kept downplaying his career or status here prior to YR. So I was letting you know in a Swedish standpoint, he wasn’t in the realm of “nobody knew who he was” before YR. Worldwide absolutely, he was a nobody and still is tbh although much less. Even now with YR, his fan base is still very much in the microcosm of YR audience. He and Omar are certainly not in the level of international celebrity that the 2 leads of Heartstopper are.

When it comes to him and Omar, like i said he is most likely to be booked especially in a country like Sweden. Let’s remember that all of the projects Edvin booked after YR that you speak of are all Swedish production. There just isn’t enough film or tv production or even demand for them that would have a lead or supporting role for someone like Omar. This is Sweden after all, it’s not America or the UK. I think that’s where the disconnect is. Unfortunately the Film industry is a business, not done out of the goodness of someone’s heart trying to make a change in this world by funding a movie or show just to have this one queer non-white immigrant artist a project. lol

Reactions: Enjay87

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well that’s obvious but that wasn’t your point, you never specified that “no one knew who he was WORLDWIDE” just that nobody knew who he was, even alluding to Sweden as you kept downplaying his career or status here prior to YR. So I was letting you know in a Swedish standpoint, he wasn’t in the realm of “nobody knew who he was” before YR. Worldwide absolutely, he was a nobody and still is tbh although much less. Even now with YR, his fan base is still very much in the microcosm of YR audience. He and Omar are certainly not in the level of international celebrity that the 2 leads of Heartstopper are.

When it comes to him and Omar, like i said he is most likely to be booked especially in a country like Sweden. Let’s remember that all of the projects Edvin booked after YR that you speak of are all Swedish production. There just isn’t enough film or tv production or even demand for them that would have a lead or supporting role for someone like Omar. This is Sweden after all, it’s not America or the UK. I think that’s where the disconnect is. Unfortunately the Film industry is a business, not done out of the goodness of someone’s heart trying to make a change in this world by funding a movie or show just to have this one queer non-white immigrant artist a project. lol
You say that about Edvin and Omar not being at the level of Kit and Joe and in some respects you're right, however Kit and Joe haven't had half the TV coverage that Edvin and Omar got on American talk shows.
Because YR is more young *adult* and HS is just seen as a children's programme.
In the UK, they've had next to nothing mind you...