Edvin Ryding

mubbs234

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
he is openly queer

No one knew him before this show so...
You didn't but he was known in sweden. Always so weird when people say no one knew him cause you didn't. Obviously omar gets less because he's queer and a POC as that is what happens to Queer and POC but edvin gets roles and everything cause he has worked since he was little and obviously is very talented. Why do you weirdos have to shit on others to prove your point. It's so weird and makes everything you say come off as catty and annoying.

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was interested to hear in an interview with Sweden.se that Edvin and Omar wish to continue working together outside of Young Royals in completely different roles.
They said they have a project together that they'll announce soon, that's not an acting project, and they think will suprise people.

Googlingthings

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
he is openly queer

No one knew him before this show so...
Edvin’s show Gåsmamman is huge here in Sweden. It’s one of the very few Swedish shows that almost everyone knows about, not even Young Royals is as known here locally. So people did know who he is.

Additionally, in an industry standpoint, someone who has been in a highly successful show since they were a little kid is most likely going to be booked far more than an actor who isn’t. Of course, on top of that he is a native Swede ( who everybody know of as straight before identifying as “unlabeled”) in a mostly homogeneous country that is Sweden.

I will say though that I do believe YR and its success is a big factor for Edvin’s current public image and how he is being marketed. In one of his interview on the podcast Övrebordet, the host tried to ask if the show’s success and the huge following (esp IG and Twitter) he has garnered mostly from queer identifying fans has influenced the way he presents himself publicly, like saying he’s unlabeled. The question didn’t get a proper answer because the host wasn’t able to phrase it correctly and so edvin and the other cohost were both confused and they all started laughing about it. I have met this host out in public and had this conversation with him because i too wondered this. So yeah I really think if it wasn’t for YR and the fans, Edvin would be known as the straight white actor that he used to be known here as and would probably be just as successful.

I agree with all the rest of your point tho lol

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
Edvin’s show Gåsmamman is huge here in Sweden. It’s one of the very few Swedish shows that almost everyone knows about, not even Young Royals is as known here locally. So people did know who he is.
Like I said before, there's a difference between being known in a certain geographic area and being known by people worldwide. There are famous people in certain places but they are not really known outside that area, was my point.
Additionally, in an industry standpoint, someone who has been in a highly successful show since they were a little kid is most likely going to be booked far more than an actor who isn’t. Of course, on top of that he is a native Swede ( who everybody know of as straight before identifying as “unlabeled”) in a mostly homogeneous country that is Sweden.
Not always, especially if they don't fit a certain aspect of a character. Sometimes known actors are passed over because someone wants new raw talent.
I really don't get "unlabelled" because it's a label too.
I will say though that I do believe YR and its success is a big factor for Edvin’s current public image and how he is being marketed. In one of his interview on the podcast Övrebordet, the host tried to ask if the show’s success and the huge following (esp IG and Twitter) he has garnered mostly from queer identifying fans has influenced the way he presents himself publicly, like saying he’s unlabeled. The question didn’t get a proper answer because the host wasn’t able to phrase it correctly and so edvin and the other cohost were both confused and they all started laughing about it. I have met this host out in public and had this conversation with him because i too wondered this. So yeah I really think if it wasn’t for YR and the fans, Edvin would be known as the straight white actor that he used to be known here as and would probably be just as successful.
He has made drastic changes to how he looks and dresses but that's his choice IMO. We might have another Manu Rios in our hands. I don't think he'd be as successful as he is right now if he'd remained on Swedish TV. Now he's much more recognized, which is good for his career.
I agree with all the rest of your point tho lol

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
the host tried to ask if the show’s success and the huge following (esp IG and Twitter) he has garnered mostly from queer identifying fans has influenced the way he presents himself publicly, like saying he’s unlabeled

Or maybe it's that he's growing up within a generation that is trying to live without gender and sexuality norms. And as he matures, he explores what that means for him and his identity. And maybe the show and his friends have simply influenced him in finding himself.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Or maybe it's that he's growing up within a generation that is trying to live without gender and sexuality norms. And as he matures, he explores what that means for him and his identity. And maybe the show and his friends have simply influenced him in finding himself.

"Living without gender and sexuality norms" is the new "I don't see color." People are being murdered, oppressed, and bullied into suicide because of their orientation toward gender and sexuality. Pretending that we can short-circuit ourselves into a world where those things are irrelevant is the purview of only the most foolish and privileged.

beherenow

Superior Member
Media
One of my favorite parts of the "Young Royals Forever" doc is the scene where Edvin is discussing the first time he encountered a mob of fans outside the Jimmy Fallon show in NY. During this segment, he is seen lying in the arms of one of his male costars. They are so affectionate with each other and obviously secure in their sexuality and identity, they seem completely comfortable. This isn't something you would've seen with previous generations of youth. I think it's a wonderful thing. I applaud people who identify as unlabeled. Let individuals explore and discover who they are at their own pace.

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
"Living without gender and sexuality norms" is the new "I don't see color." People are being murdered, oppressed, and bullied into suicide because of their orientation toward gender and sexuality. Pretending that we can short-circuit ourselves into a world where those things are irrelevant is the purview of only the most foolish and privileged.
same as living unlabelled and open to love. "you can fall in love with anyone at any point" is the biggest horseshit I've ever heard. It is what I call logical queerness where people argue themselves into identifying as queer. It ignores the reality of queer people. and certainly a privilege.

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
One of my favorite parts of the "Young Royals Forever" doc is the scene where Edvin is discussing the first time he encountered a mob of fans outside the Jimmy Fallon show in NY. During this segment, he is seen lying in the arms of one of his male costars.
That's sweet and innocent we should see more of that.
They are so affectionate with each other and obviously secure in their sexuality and identity, they seem completely comfortable.
I've never understood what being secure in your sexuality means. "I'm straight but I can do all these 'gay' things because I know I'm not gaaay"
This isn't something you would've seen with previous generations of youth. I think it's a wonderful thing. I applaud people who identify as unlabeled. Let individuals explore and discover who they are at their own pace.
It is wonderful but it has nothing to do with sexuality.