Edvin Ryding

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
This has to be the tamest nudity scene of any european production I ever witnessed. Hope the whole cast continues to get jobs after this.
Sir this is not Elite. This show has never promised nudity and they weren't about to start now.

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
I truly believe these guys should pivot slightly. Edvin should audition for projects stateside. He is a phenomenal actor and has nailed the generic American accent better than most Swedes. His Swedish projects won't get him to the next level. He could be the next Bill Skarsgard.

Omar should leave his current label or find some writing and producing collaborators because while his music is not bad, it can feel repetitive and generic.

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*snort* since I was penalized for stating the obvious earlier in the thread -- I guess the proof is in the pudding. Edvin plays the 'unlabeled' card, gains a massive following/exposure from YR and keeps getting roles, whereas Omar (openly queer) can't get a single acting project lined up after being PHENOMENAL in YR, shockingly his first acting gig. That's how the world works :/
In conclusion: We need more queer actors playing queer roles, and less spicy straights queerbaiting.
Omar's not openly queer, and immediately booked the horror film Karusel after series 2.
Edvin has been a regular on a Swedish TV series since he was 6, so he's never been out of work. But keep reaching.

milkway1

Loved Member
Media

inakigo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Fair point. we don’t live in a perfect world, the scales are not tipped in favor of some people — so the least we can do as audience is to voice our opinions so producers/casting folks can make better decision **shrug emoji*
your edvin hateboner is annoying af

Peterkin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The series finale is superb, its writing the best of any episode. In just three words, the Queen sums up the entire arc. Wille and Simon do the rest. Don't miss it, and bring Kleenex. Two or three boxes.

In the doc that accompanies this final episode, there is a brief moment of utter authenticity. They have just filmed, in production order, the last scene of the series. Omar speaks to the camera, in reply to an unheard question, "It's because I am." Edvin enters that candid moment, briefly. His face is utterly distraught. It's real, and it's one of many reasons why these were such remarkable achievements. The world has changed.

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
he is openly queer

“I’ve never said that I'm queer in my life, but people keep on saying that I'm queer. They see me in an outfit and they say, ‘He's gay.’ They see me in makeup [and say,] ‘Yeah, he's queer.’ You know what I mean? Tomorrow, I could feel completely different, change styles completely, and date somebody that you’d never think I would date.” - Omar Rudberg

Omar Rudberg Is Acting Royalty

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
“I’ve never said that I'm queer in my life, but people keep on saying that I'm queer. They see me in an outfit and they say, ‘He's gay.’ They see me in makeup [and say,] ‘Yeah, he's queer.’ You know what I mean? Tomorrow, I could feel completely different, change styles completely, and date somebody that you’d never think I would date.” - Omar Rudberg

It's not worth telling him, he knows better than anyone else, even though he's provably wrong on every statement he's made.
Let him keep looking like an idiot.
By him I mean Milkyboy not Omar, of course!

milkway1

Loved Member
Media

Well, that was years ago and while he was right, it didn't mean he isn't queer.
However, if you're looking for an up-to-date source, here's him in something released less than a month ago. Let me know when you hear it.

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
It's not worth telling him, he knows better than anyone else, even though he's provably wrong on every statement he's made.
your confidence is baffling and scary at the same time. maybe tone down your complex dude. when you prove that I'm wrong about something I've said, maybe someone will take you seriously.

Let him keep looking like an idiot.
By him I mean Milkyboy not Omar, of course!
You must be fun to be around.