Dylan o'brien

LadyLena

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It did not work at all. And, I'm a Sterek shipper, so I hated the Stydia storyline. Because like, he went after her for years. That's fucking creepy, dude.
Oh yeah, and it just made it look like if you try hard enough, you’ll eventually wear the girl down. Like dude, she used your best friend, she used you, she didn’t know what she wanted. And plus he didn’t even really like her, he liked the idea of her and he was obsessed, which was even more creepy. Like go after someone that genuinely wants you dude.

User152020

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Oh yeah, and it just made it look like if you try hard enough, you’ll eventually wear the girl down. Like dude, she used your best friend, she used you, she didn’t know what she wanted. And plus he didn’t even really like her, he liked the idea of her and he was obsessed, which was even more creepy. Like go after someone that genuinely wants you dude.
Dylan even hinted that he didn't like Stydia and he was like really tired of it, I bet he didn't like his character to go after the snobbish mean girl prototype of every teenage 2000 movie whose whole persona was being fake to attract men, that's why I'm happy he didn't come back to that awful movie that the rest of the unemployed cast signed up for. Arden and Dylan made the best decision ever.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dylan even hinted that he didn't like Stydia and he was like really tired of it, I bet he didn't like his character to go after the snobbish mean girl prototype of every teenage 2000 movie whose whole persona was being fake to attract men, that's why I'm happy he didn't come back to that awful movie that the rest of the unemployed cast signed up for. Arden and Dylan made the best decision ever.

I mean, if you're going to have a will they/won't they in an ongoing series you need to have to execute that drama carefully. You have to either get them together, or come up with some compelling reasons why they can't be together in order to keep it going. Teen Wolf didn't generate good plot reasons to keep them apart, and by the time they actually got together nobody cared anymore because Dylan was barely on the show.

User152020

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I mean, if you're going to have a will they/won't they in an ongoing series you need to have to execute that drama carefully. You have to either get them together, or come up with some compelling reasons why they can't be together in order to keep it going. Teen Wolf didn't generate good plot reasons to keep them apart, and by the time they actually got together nobody cared anymore because Dylan was barely on the show.
That's true, and Teen Wolf was a hot mess in general with Dylan being one of the few good actors that were in there. when he said that he left the character in a good place, he spilled facts, he didn't need the paycheck as much as the others and didn't need to comeback at all, wise decision.

mojimo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She wasn't asked to come back for the rest of the TV Show after S5, but she was asked for the movie. They were intending to pay her way less than the rest of the female cast and that's why she refused to come back, just like Dylan refused to come back because they wouldn't pay him as much as he wanted

Reactions: Cherryboy19

User152020

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
She wasn't asked to come back for the rest of the TV Show after S5, but she was asked for the movie. They were intending to pay her way less than the rest of the female cast and that's why she refused to come back, just like Dylan refused to come back because they wouldn't pay him as much as he wanted
that's a whole fucking lie, so don't start spreading bullshit here, Dylan didn't ask for more money, he just didn't want to join the movie and that's alright, the only ones who asked for more money and were asking for more "benefits" were Posey and Hoechlin, both wanted credits as producers and obviously more money because hoechlin was beating around the bushes to join the movie at first.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
that's a whole fucking lie, so don't start spreading bullshit here, Dylan didn't ask for more money, he just didn't want to join the movie and that's alright, the only ones who asked for more money and were asking for more "benefits" were Posey and Hoechlin, both wanted credits as producers and obviously more money because hoechlin was beating around the bushes to join the movie at first.

I mean, that's his narrative, but we have no way of really knowing what went on behind the scenes. It stands to reason that if they had offered him enough he might've agreed to come back. But honestly they probably couldn't afford it anyway, and he was right not to return as the movie was a disaster. See by way of example Miriam Margolyes's recent comments about doing a Marvel show. Actors often have a price that is "fuck you money." i.e. the price they ask for when they don't really want to do something, but will if the fee is high enough. Not saying that's what Dylan did, necessarily, but it's certainly possible.

User152020

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I mean, that's his narrative, but we have no way of really knowing what went on behind the scenes. It stands to reason that if they had offered him enough he might've agreed to come back. But honestly they probably couldn't afford it anyway, and he was right not to return as the movie was a disaster. See by way of example Miriam Margolyes's recent comments about doing a Marvel show. Actors often have a price that is "fuck you money." i.e. the price they ask for when they don't really want to do something, but will if the fee is high enough. Not saying that's what Dylan did, necessarily, but it's certainly possible.
That's a valid point and what Miriam said was a fact, If I'm going to endure something that I didn't like at least pay me good for it, but Dylan already said that he left the character in a good place, and then, later on, said that he didn't want to go back to the movie because everything was rushed and talked about his bad experience with some higher-ups every time he tried to provide ideas for his character and that's his word, which is valid, it's not an invented narrative also, we don't know what they actually experienced and we are nobody to invalidate his experiences, taking into account nowadays's climate with all these stars currently coming out and talking about the abuse, mistreatment that they suffered during the filming of their shows.

Carlos Santos

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Iirc she wasn't asked. I remember there being some outrage about it after she made it public they didn't ask her

User152020

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
"It was a difficult decision. A lot went into it. The show couldn't be more dear to me. It was the first thing I ever did and so many people there are extremely dear to me. It was something I was trying to make work but it all happened very fast. We didn't really know that it was happening and they kind of just threw it at us a little bit, which is fine because we all love the show. We were trying to figure it out."

"Ultimately," added Dylan, "I just decided it was left in a really good place for me and I still want to leave it there. I wish them well and I'm going to watch it the first night it comes out. I hope it f**king kicks ass, but I'm not going to be in it."

"So that's ultimately what I decided, and I think I kind of knew it in my heart the whole time. It was already left in a really nice place, you know? So I didn't want to touch it. I didn't want to f**k with it."

LadyLena

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And see, I can see Hoechlin wanting more because he very much didn’t need to be in either. Plus come on, his character was used and abused, and that is one of the main reasons why he left in the first place. He didn’t like the way things were going with his character. But he also knew that the only people would actually watch it would be is if he returned. So after Dylan, Hoechlin is the top actor in the show. Him and Dylan, both were the ones that people remember the most. So it would make sense that if you couldn’t get one, at least having the other would be beneficial.

Didn’t really like his storyline in the movie, thought it was stupid and rushed, and the ending was just tragic. so I can kind of understand Hoechlins decision to want more, especially when he knew what was going to happen. I don’t blame him, go ahead and kill my character off, and makes it where I never have to come back here and deal with it again. But I’m making sure I make the most of it. And he did. Smart decision on his part.