Dylan o'brien

kidwiccan

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
View attachment 123621981 View attachment 123622041
I still can't fathom that TW didn't take advantage of the UST between these two, the way Cody looks at Dylan is giving Taron Egerton and Hugh Jackman and I bet Dylan was wondering how Cody's throat would feel on his cock.
View attachment 123622301
Maybe because they already did it with Dylan and Tyler Hoechlin until the Sterek fandom was really loud and the show has to cut short the interactions between the characters. They then focused on the bromance between Dyl and Ty Posey, but when Cody came as Theo, there were Moments that reminded a bit of the first Sterek interactions and at the serie they wanted to keep the public focused on how Stiles has to be with Lydia instead of Malia. It didn't help that Cody and Dylan Sprayberry became Friends really fast, leading to the Thiam (Theo x Liam ship) and that O'brien was not longer a regular when Theo came back although in some events it is clear they have some friendly moments. I attach two pics that show one of the Best paralels on the Derek-Stiles-Theo thing.

Attachments

kidwiccan

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry but I was a huge fan of the series back then, and I still remember some things. I also had the guilty pleasure of thinking of Stiles (Dylan) and Theo (Cody) together... More with Cody being the bottom with such ass. And these pics doesn't help

Attachments

H3xAD

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Find someone who looks at you like Cody looks at Dylan. I need a cigarette just watching it.

Maybe because they already did it with Dylan and Tyler Hoechlin until the Sterek fandom was really loud and the show has to cut short the interactions between the characters. They then focused on the bromance between Dyl and Ty Posey, but when Cody came as Theo, there were Moments that reminded a bit of the first Sterek interactions and at the serie they wanted to keep the public focused on how Stiles has to be with Lydia instead of Malia. It didn't help that Cody and Dylan Sprayberry became Friends really fast, leading to the Thiam (Theo x Liam ship) and that O'brien was not longer a regular when Theo came back although in some events it is clear they have some friendly moments. I attach two pics that show one of the Best paralels on the Derek-Stiles-Theo thing.
You know, I binge watched the entirety of TW in a couple weeks a while ago, and I never understood the way people picked up Stiles–Derek sexual subtext or even saw enough amicability in their interactions to ship them. Frankly, there were very few believable relationships in the entire show, especially when so many went through the ridiculous and often contrived enemies-to-allies-to-friends progression. Literally the only one that I shipped myself was Liam (Dylan Sprayberry) and Theo (Cody Christian), and that's because it actually involved Theo growing as a person through Liam's influence and keeping Liam from killing anyone during the shitshow of Season 6. I'd never have paired Stiles and Derek, not even when the former saved the latter from an FBI task force—which I thought was more to keep the existence of the supernatural from being revealed to the government than out of any actual concern for Derek as a person.

Maybe I just liked Stiles and Lydia enough to want them to be together, but I didn't see any other relationship for Stiles as really fitting. Even when he got together with Malia, it felt weird, and aside from Stiles being adorable trying to teach Malia to be more human, they really had no chemistry—to the point where I didn't even notice when they'd broken up and was later surprised when characters referred to them no longer being together.

Actually... I lied. There's one relationship I could have seen Stiles getting into, if only just to see if it was something he'd like: Danny. He asked him specifically if gay guys found him attractive, and when Danny jokingly suggested they go have sex, Stiles' reaction was like 90% excitement and 9.9% disbelief, not a hint of awkwardness at another guy hitting on him, or regret for being called on something he wasn't willing to deliver. I don't know if Dylan meant it to be like Stiles reacting as, "Yes, gay guys do find me attractive! I'm awesome!" but it came off like, "Oh my God! Yes! Yes! Should I ask him where we should do it? No, no; don't let him and Scott know I'm that easy. Contain yourself, Stiles! Let him ask you on a proper date! Or maybe he just wants something easy, no strings attached? The way he said it made it sound like he just wants something casual, so maybe just play it cool and nod over... I don't know, there... or something... and we can find a closet or whatever? No, not a closet, look at him, he's got perfect hair, he's clearly not going to go for sex in a closet..."

Yeah, if Season 1 buzz-cut-twink-next-door-Stiles got power-topped by Danny, that would have been fucking hot.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Find someone who looks at you like Cody looks at Dylan. I need a cigarette just watching it.

You know, I binge watched the entirety of TW in a couple weeks a while ago, and I never understood the way people picked up Stiles–Derek sexual subtext or even saw enough amicability in their interactions to ship them. Frankly, there were very few believable relationships in the entire show, especially when so many went through the ridiculous and often contrived enemies-to-allies-to-friends progression. Literally the only one that I shipped myself was Liam (Dylan Sprayberry) and Theo (Cody Christian), and that's because it actually involved Theo growing as a person through Liam's influence and keeping Liam from killing anyone during the shitshow of Season 6. I'd never have paired Stiles and Derek, not even when the former saved the latter from an FBI task force—which I thought was more to keep the existence of the supernatural from being revealed to the government than out of any actual concern for Derek as a person.

Maybe I just liked Stiles and Lydia enough to want them to be together, but I didn't see any other relationship for Stiles as really fitting. Even when he got together with Malia, it felt weird, and aside from Stiles being adorable trying to teach Malia to be more human, they really had no chemistry—to the point where I didn't even notice when they'd broken up and was later surprised when characters referred to them no longer being together.

Actually... I lied. There's one relationship I could have seen Stiles getting into, if only just to see if it was something he'd like: Danny. He asked him specifically if gay guys found him attractive, and when Danny jokingly suggested they go have sex, Stiles' reaction was like 90% excitement and 9.9% disbelief, not a hint of awkwardness at another guy hitting on him, or regret for being called on something he wasn't willing to deliver. I don't know if Dylan meant it to be like Stiles reacting as, "Yes, gay guys do find me attractive! I'm awesome!" but it came off like, "Oh my God! Yes! Yes! Should I ask him where we should do it? No, no; don't let him and Scott know I'm that easy. Contain yourself, Stiles! Let him ask you on a proper date! Or maybe he just wants something easy, no strings attached? The way he said it made it sound like he just wants something casual, so maybe just play it cool and nod over... I don't know, there... or something... and we can find a closet or whatever? No, not a closet, look at him, he's got perfect hair, he's clearly not going to go for sex in a closet..."

Yeah, if Season 1 buzz-cut-twink-next-door-Stiles got power-topped by Danny, that would have been fucking hot.

The simple answer is that when the show was viewed on a weekly/seasonal basis there was a lot more time to analyze character relationships and make memes. O’Brien and Hoechlin had fun chemistry but it was mostly wishful thinking on the part of fans. It doesn’t read the same when binged though.

kidwiccan

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

As another member said, things were different back then and the fact that in and out of the show Dylan and Tyler got So much Chemistry is a fact. Also, there are many scenes at the beginning where Stiles was closer to Derek than Lydia, heck Even in season two Lydia wasn't always a good person with Stiles but I loved their friendship since season three.
The thing is... if You weren't a Stydia there was many things in there. That's why Even today it's the most popular pair, only followed for the cannonical Scallison and the semicannonical Thiam. And that the movie basically dropped the bomb on Stydia to give a "Derek always loves Stiles" and the fact that Eli/Vince was created/cast to be another Stiles... That's for something. But back to the other theme... I do feel Stiles could have been a good "enemies to Friends to possible lovers" with Theo. But with what happened with Thiam I think it may not worked as good as it worked with the Chemistry between Cody and D. Sprayberry. Also I always thought Danny Will be Stiles' true first step into bisexuality. Damn we were robbed, although I see them more as a swicht pair. And it would be hilarous that Jackson's "SO called rival" not only has a Crush on his gf but ended with his bff. Sometimes TW didn't go for the Gold.

User152020

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Shares same name, had a thread on here but I think it’s gone now. He used to be on insta under _dylan_obrien66 but changed it to datadriven_fit

He used to post on snap but hasn’t anymore lately. Trying to find out what’s going on.
wrong place bro, this is Dylan O'Brien (actor) thread

Uic94

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

As another member said, things were different back then and the fact that in and out of the show Dylan and Tyler got So much Chemistry is a fact. Also, there are many scenes at the beginning where Stiles was closer to Derek than Lydia, heck Even in season two Lydia wasn't always a good person with Stiles but I loved their friendship since season three.
The thing is... if You weren't a Stydia there was many things in there. That's why Even today it's the most popular pair, only followed for the cannonical Scallison and the semicannonical Thiam. And that the movie basically dropped the bomb on Stydia to give a "Derek always loves Stiles" and the fact that Eli/Vince was created/cast to be another Stiles... That's for something. But back to the other theme... I do feel Stiles could have been a good "enemies to Friends to possible lovers" with Theo. But with what happened with Thiam I think it may not worked as good as it worked with the Chemistry between Cody and D. Sprayberry. Also I always thought Danny Will be Stiles' true first step into bisexuality. Damn we were robbed, although I see them more as a swicht pair. And it would be hilarous that Jackson's "SO called rival" not only has a Crush on his gf but ended with his bff. Sometimes TW didn't go for the Gold.
IMG_5871.gif

Reactions: Cherryboy19

Fable88

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The first three seasons of Teen Wolf were great because they were just making a silly wolf show. Season 4 was terrible because having a large audience of horny girls and gays somehow convinced Jeff Davis that he was making Prestige TV™, so he started crawling up his own ass and just got deeper in with every season. It's so fucking funny to me that they tried to make a revival movie and Dylan was just like "nah."

Nimajnev

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

There was a much earlier point where people started seeing the subtext for Sterek. I was a die-hard Sterek shipper, and that started pretty early. The initial "enemies to grudging allies to lovers" feels started in season 1 for most of us - the timeline going from how volatile they were to how Derek relied on Stiles to save his life (the first time) when he got poisoned via wolfsbane.

The gradual closeness that came from saving each other - Derek fighting with the Kanima, then Stiles literally holding Derek up in the pool for hours, despite how painful that must have been. The way the pack formed, the way Derek slowly softened towards Stiles...

It was all there, for sure. Whereas every "romantic" interaction with Lydia and Malia felt so forced. Not to mention the real creeptastic vibe of "Malia was a child when she went feral and has no concept of consent or personal boundaries" etc.

I couldn't finish the show, stopping at 5b. It lost a lot of the good qualities, and many of the ladies they added were just there to be love interests rather than being their own characters. Which does mean I missed the boat for Thiam, unfortunately. Lol. (I was a Scott/Liam shipper, though.)