We are building a New Erotic Stories Section from scratch. Any feature requests?

HornyBiGuy98

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This site has so many ’erotic stories’ already, I would love it if the ones already on here could be put in the new area as the ‘similar threads’ section is always full of erotic stories even if the thread I am reading has nothing to do with an erotic story. I hate it as I would love to see more things like I am currently reading but no everything is an erotic story.

thegoodxxxguy

Just Browsing
Media
Manila (National Capital Region, Philippines)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi Everyone!

We are in the process of building a New Erotic Stories Section. We need your help to make this amazing :)

Are there any features you'd like us to include?
Any design or layout suggestions?
Any ideas you have please let us know :)
That sounds like an exciting project! Here are some suggestions that might help you make your website amazing. Please have a section/category for First-time experiences. You can also add a section for readers' suggestions/ tips for hook-up places in their country/ city.

Stromjir

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree with the suggestions of being able to filter via tags/categories (IE: literotica and A03). Give authors the ability to create their own tags, and have a section for readers to be able to view all existing tags and filter by that?

A good comments section would be fantastic, with an author being able to set who can comment; like LPSG members only or allow public, anonymous comments.

If it's possible, the ability for the author to view readership stats? That can encourage some authors to use this platform and for them to keep on writing.

On the same vein, have a part of the front page portal showcasing the week's top 10 popular stories?

Man, if this gets popular enough, it'd be cool if eventually authors would be able to host live AMAs in this forum, to really drive up engagement.

Stromjir

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree with the suggestions of being able to filter via tags/categories (IE: literotica and A03). Give authors the ability to create their own tags, and have a section for readers to be able to view all existing tags and filter by that?

A good comments section would be fantastic, with an author being able to set who can comment; like LPSG members only or allow public, anonymous comments.

If it's possible, the ability for the author to view readership stats? That can encourage some authors to use this platform and for them to keep on writing.

On the same vein, have a part of the front page portal showcasing the week's top 10 popular stories?

Man, if this gets popular enough, it'd be cool if eventually authors would be able to host live AMAs in this forum, to really drive up engagement.
Oh, and the ability to bookmark or "subscribe" to get updates to a story/author/series would also be fantastic.

RaifoglyX19

1st Like
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here is another question :)

What about a section for story ideas or fantasies you'd like to see made into a story?

Someone could have a really hot scenario or idea but just doesn't have the time to turn it into a story. They could post the idea and see if someone else wants to run with it.

- Would you like to have a section like this?
- What would you call this? Fantasies? Inspiration?
And once the idea was taken, the person who posted originally has an option they can activate (if the want to, since they might want different views on the plot), to show people it has already been taken and someone's already writing it. That way, there's no confusion.

RaifoglyX19

1st Like
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
-Add tags at the beginning in red saying "Suited for jacking off" and "Not suited for jacking off", as well as the Trigger Warnings and being able to write your own TWs instead of a pre-made list that may or may not contain the ones you need.
-To choose if your story is free, paid (and have the first episode free to know if the story is worth it), or the author only wants to receive tips.
-To attach links to sites like Paypal, Airtm, Patreon etc. Where readers can support the authors long-term if they want to.
-To add cover art if the author wants to (since some people will probably use copyrighted pictures or someone close's pictures without their permission).
-To have scheduled episode. I know this might be hard to make but it can be very useful (I don't know if it's a thing already), but to be able to schedule one or more episodes, that way they are gonna get auto-posted if one is occupied with a busy day and can't post the episodes by themselves.
-To be able to edit without having to pay (unless there's a way to be gold for free by verification, but if it's an external website, it won't have to be via a sex picture but rather something based on the writing process. Like having a page of a story in the background and the website and username in the front).
-To have a comfortable edit window that doesn't look outdated and funky, the "Fortelling" app has an editing window that sort of looks like what I'm thinking but yet could be improved.
-SexAudioBooks.

Attachments

Silmende

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
-Add tags at the beginning in red saying "Suited for jacking off" and "Not suited for jacking off", as well as the Trigger Warnings and being able to write your own TWs instead of a pre-made list that may or may not contain the ones you need.
-To choose if your story is free, paid (and have the first episode free to know if the story is worth it), or the author only wants to receive tips.
-To attach links to sites like Paypal, Airtm, Patreon etc. Where readers can support the authors long-term if they want to.
-To add cover art if the author wants to (since some people will probably use copyrighted pictures or someone close's pictures without their permission).
-To have scheduled episode. I know this might be hard to make but it can be very useful (I don't know if it's a thing already), but to be able to schedule one or more episodes, that way they are gonna get auto-posted if one is occupied with a busy day and can't post the episodes by themselves.
Depending on the technology used, could be an option. There is a blog add-on for Xenforo that allows it, but of course, if it's an external site, it needn't even be on the same software.

That makes me think of one of my own... Being able to use the same login credentials here & there if desired, or at least be able to link both accounts in a way if someone prefers a different username, and preferably "single sign on".

-To be able to edit without having to pay (unless there's a way to be gold for free by verification, but if it's an external website, it won't have to be via a sex picture but rather something based on the writing process. Like having a page of a story in the background and the website and username in the front).
-To have a comfortable edit window that doesn't look outdated and funky, the "Fortelling" app has an editing window that sort of looks like what I'm thinking but yet could be improved.
-SexAudioBooks.

deanhuge

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Would it be possible to search stories by:
1) Author?
2) Ratings (stars etc)
3) Key words
4) #

No idea if it is possible, but would love to be able to favorite stories so that we could easily navigate to our favorites.

TrynBi

Legendary Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Could you add an element where you can feature an author who might be getting lots of traffic? Like an “author of the week or month”.

Also, how strict will the grammar and punctuation have to be? I know I tried Litorotica and after writing for like a good hour +, it wanted my grammar and punctuation corrected.

I get if you’re a writer how important it is, but I’m just telling my stories.