We are building a New Erotic Stories Section from scratch. Any feature requests?

Silmende

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here is another question :)

What about a section for story ideas or fantasies you'd like to see made into a story?

Someone could have a really hot scenario or idea but just doesn't have the time to turn it into a story. They could post the idea and see if someone else wants to run with it.

- Would you like to have a section like this?
- What would you call this? Fantasies? Inspiration?
Inspiration, story ideas, writing prompts. Something along those lines. If you need a title for a "forum" with that kind of threads, how about "Pick me up!" :D

Silmende

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What do people think about items that are less than 500 words? They are too short to be a story. But they could have value.

There is a site called
Confessions

Here is an example

Two questions.....
1. Would you like to have a section for posts like this?
2. What would you call this section?
500 words is very, very short. It's more an anecdote than a full story. No place for any character development, at most a scene. The naming would depend on what kind of content you want in there. Only "confessions"? Or could it also contain writing exercises?
If it's for a "forum title" grouping threads, I'd perhaps go with a song title like "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" or something similar. It indicates the short nature ("Scenes") and I like the sound of it. Personal preference. ;)

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't think there should be any limitations other than the ones you have to have - legality and so. If you can think of it, there will be people that want to jack off to it. I don't doubt the resolve to want to make something better than other places, the question is, how is that done? How do you set yourself apart and be better than?

cazador13

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
an aspect that I appreciate about literotica is that you can see which other stories authors have specifically liked. i always find that is the best way to pursue a thread for the content you’re particularly into at the moment. could probably be perfected in y’all’s context and the the insane amount of features already implemented.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
an aspect that I appreciate about literotica is that you can see which other stories authors have specifically liked. i always find that is the best way to pursue a thread for the content you’re particularly into at the moment. could probably be perfected in y’all’s context and the the insane amount of features already implemented.
Love that as well

Screwtape69

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this! This is amazing.

The only two-story sites I visit are Lush Stories and Literotica.
Lush Stories is ok but it is annoying how I can't highlight the text. Small pet peeve of mine.
Lit is the gold standard but it needs an update. The search parameters and niches could be a bit better.
Gender and sexuality search options are outdated.
Feedback loop could be better. It would be nice to be able to post a comment on a story and get a reply from the author.

I'll think of more and let you know.
Totally agree - Literotica is amazing

Reactions: Mr. Rodd

Jziggs83

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hi Everyone!

We are in the process of building a New Erotic Stories Section. We need your help to make this amazing :)

Are there any features you'd like us to include?
Any design or layout suggestions?
Any ideas you have please let us know :)
I'd love a separate space for real stories and made up ones

Reactions: RJ5on1

Rick677

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this! This is amazing.

The only two-story sites I visit are Lush Stories and Literotica.
Lush Stories is ok but it is annoying how I can't highlight the text. Small pet peeve of mine.
Lit is the gold standard but it needs an update. The search parameters and niches could be a bit better.
Gender and sexuality search options are outdated.
Feedback loop could be better. It would be nice to be able to post a comment on a story and get a reply from the author.

I'll think of more and let you know.
Check out Nifty.org

Ikke.ik

Cherished Member
Media
It would be lovely to be able to 'watch' a story without getting the thread bumped up with just a reaction.
So a sort of subscription to when the author posts in a thread.

And a way for multiple authers to work togheter on one story? A part of the forum on the technique of writing, tips, collaborations etc.

Reactions: LPSG Support

mostud85

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I didn't go to look through the entire thread to see if this was already suggested, but a real-person fiction (celebrities and famous people). Also having categories like television/ movie/ and literature. I've got tons of stories on Archive of Our Own but they're all those above. I'd love to be able to post them here as well.

Also, tags...word count, whether a story has multiple chapters. An option to whether an author wants to show a comment or keep it private under the story. I do this on AOOO if I get a comment or question that needs to go more into depth without having an entire paragraph for everyone to read.

I doubt this will be allowed here but on AOOO they allow anything to go up as long as there is a warning to readers...things like incest, underage, zoophilia nonconsensual. Those are tricky topics.

Reactions: Mr. Rodd

jjayboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Maybe have a tag for stories to mark completed and uncompleted stories, ongoing status maybe.

I personally like to go read on nifty.com sometimes and like how the layout of stories are when there are more chapters to read. It’s quite old looking but just my suggestion