Do you care if an erotic story is written by AI?

Would you read an erotic story written by AI?

• Hell Yeah! If it's hot i don't care who wrote it.

Votes: 83 52.9%
  • I have no interest in reading an erotic story written by AI

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • I don't read

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

LPSG Team

Community Leader
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hi Everyone! We are busy building our new story backend. I can't wait to show it to you. I am so excited about it! We first announced it in this thread We are building a New Erotic Stories Section from scratch. Any feature requests? we hope to have an update soon :)

I was wondering what everyone thinks of AI-generated stories. Do you care if a story is written by a human or an AI?

Obviously, in an ideal world it would be great to have stories written by a human but if the story is hot does it matter?

Have any of you played around with AI for erotic stories? If so please let me know :)

GayBootyLover69

Worshipped Member
Media
Frankly, I am wary of AI in general and that it will become sentient, and then the human race is boned. So no. And so far, I hate the artwork it produces.
i hate it as well, AI "art" is not real art and never will be real art

humans have actual imagination, AI does not

deanhuge

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is often a tremendous amount of work rewriting, editing, and refining an AI plot so that it is readable. If all that is done then its not really a problem for me.

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I prefer that stories, erotic or not, be written by a real person. However, AI stories would be acceptable if they are labeled as such so that the reader can decide if want to read it or not.

Reactions: GayBootyLover69

CoburnAisling

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
AI-created content should be used for personal purposes only, and shouldn't be published. My $0.02 as an author, photographer, and graphic designer.

That said, I'm not stupid enough to think it will ever actually be limited to that, so I've largely given up caring. Capitalism is going to have to finish running its self-destructive course before we can deal with shit like AI in any serious way. People are going to have to learn the inherent value of human creation vs machine creation, and that is way too abstract a concept for the 50% of the US who are still at a 6th grade reading level or worse.

We're in an era of human knowledge where you HAVE to be highly educated in order to grasp even everyday concepts, yet 3/4 of the world is nowhere near that level of education. Most aren't even at a point of understanding what AI even is, let alone why it is inherently negative for human society (loss of basis in factual reality, loss of expertise within related fields, dilution of digital spaces, devolution of standards, and so on).

And then you have all the people who not only don't care, despite understanding, but will actively work to undermine those who do care because some humans are think exerting toxic power over each other is fun.

K.Dst

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
For me the biggest issue with AI creations is that because the production is so simple compared to writing an original text, the mass of the production will overflow a lot of social media, forums, databases...

Since AI generated stories often share a lot of repetitive structures (like how the guys made by AI images generators always look at list one bit the same), it might lead to an enormous amount of very generic stories, making the few original ones drowned into that flood.

It's like when you say Facebook nowadays, since no one uses it compared to what it was, a recurring sighting in my feed is AI generated images of "dream houses" or eerie bedrooms, kitchens... All those images commented by swarms of bots. It's computer generated content, commented by computers, with almost no real human stuff in any of the sides.

If a few guys manage to smuggle some AI-generated stories here, good for them, but I really think that encouraging AI-generated erotica might end up in a mass of content that will stop being exciting very rapidly.

midnighter

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
For me the biggest issue with AI creations is that because the production is so simple compared to writing an original text, the mass of the production will overflow a lot of social media, forums, databases...

Since AI generated stories often share a lot of repetitive structures (like how the guys made by AI images generators always look at list one bit the same), it might lead to an enormous amount of very generic stories, making the few original ones drowned into that flood.

It's like when you say Facebook nowadays, since no one uses it compared to what it was, a recurring sighting in my feed is AI generated images of "dream houses" or eerie bedrooms, kitchens... All those images commented by swarms of bots. It's computer generated content, commented by computers, with almost no real human stuff in any of the sides.

If a few guys manage to smuggle some AI-generated stories here, good for them, but I really think that encouraging AI-generated erotica might end up in a mass of content that will stop being exciting very rapidly.
Exactly this, well said…or typed :)

midnighter

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Unless AI learns to build in randomness (which still makes sense within the context of the story - no easy feat) the stories will quickly become dull and repetitive as it feeds off itself.

So for me I have no probs with AI if tagged as such so I don’t waste my time reading unarousing, cookie cutter, nonsensical pap. ;)

JChristianErotica

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I certainly do care.

AI has it's place, and I have no doubt that as time goes on, that place will become larger and larger, but as a full time writer, seeing people throw a few buzz words into AI and come out with (often horrible) stories, is a kick in the teeth.

I've said it before, but It's a plague on the creative community. Allowing it will only drive genuine writers away, and any site that does allow it, will soon be overrun with thousands of awful stories that rarely make sense, have little to no plot, and contain the same boring drivel.

Moderating a site that allows written AI content will be a logistical nightmare. think about the amount of people who can type three or four keywords into a text box and then copy and paste.

Only yesterday, a member here took one of the stories that I had written, fed it to AI, and posted the 'sequel' under my original story. Granted, the LPSG team were on it immediately (thank you!) But that's only the tip of the iceberg if it's allowed on site.

Markinvancouver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First AI has to be able to write a joke, which it famously cannot do. AI literature of any sort beyond product blurbs is not yet a thing, as far as I know.

Markinvancouver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I use AI in my job, but not in my art as a writer. For me it’s that simple. If you have the talent and time and commitment to craft anything, AI rightly seems without value. Can it produce humanity at this time? No.

Can it make erotica! I feel that’s for its potent market to say. I am not interested yet. Not the audience either, it seems.

Reactions: elroio

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really venture into the 'Erotic Stories' section, but I've just been commenting about AI images/artwork on LPSG so I'll add my thoughts to AI writing as well.

Yes, I do care.

AI technology simply isn't creative enough to come up with its own ideas out of thin air. It analyses masses and masses of data and content that has been created by human writers/artists/etc. Then uses algorithms and generators and patterns to 'create' its own work.

The data and content it uses, is more often than not sourced without the original creators' consent.

So yes, I do care. Because it is stealing.

Plain and simple.

EDIT: Yes, I do realise my avatar is stolen from someone else's work.

JBD_Mikk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Like several others, I'm very wary of AI-generated content - not because I think it AI will become sentient, but for exactly the opposite reason: namely, that it's wholly derivative of the vast amounts of human-created data it's been fed, and thus is more akin to plagiarism than to creativity.

For me at least, the joy of reading fine writing goes beyond the words themselves. Almost all writing is ultimately linked somehow to our shared experience of being human, and a writer's distillation of ideas, reflections and life experiences gives a text meaning for me beyond just words on a screen.

That is lost with AI-created content, which amounts to the pattern-matched regurgitation of existing works. My biggest worry about AI is not that it will become super-human, but rather that human creativity will be stifled by dumbing down our interactions to its level.