Ryan Guzman

shdjdjrntbdn

Loved Member
Media
oh god so as we fear, its probably ryan who doesnt wanna portray a gay/bi character. which is sad cuz then why did the writers give us so many cute scenes where theres undertones of buck and eddie being into each other LOL - i mean even oliver said he always felt like there was something between them. their chemistry is undeniable
there are a lot more factors that go into making a storyline happen besides whether the actors are a fan of it or not

monstermilo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As you fear probably…

People have no idea the reason behind them not doing Eddie!Tommy but are already jumping to conclusions that it’s probably Ryan’s fault. Ryan has stated multiple times that he’s open to a Buddie romance but people always seem to forget to mention that part or the fact that it was Ryan who gave us the “Buddie” ship name.

The way they drag that man through the mud and always woobify Oliver because he can’t do no wrong is honestly so tiring.
well olivers clearly open and said hes always thought buddie should have already been a thing
i feel like ryans the one whos apprehensive cuz clearly now the writers are down
lets wait and see - ryan said buck and eddie get closer than they ever have been but then the guy who plays tommy said there arent any plans for buddie as of right now....... im just hoping we get a few more seasons and they end up together cuz the chemistry is crazy and i hate when shows tease two men with undeniable potential to be a couple.

Reactions: Thiccmonger

deek62

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
well olivers clearly open and said hes always thought buddie should have already been a thing
i feel like ryans the one whos apprehensive cuz clearly now the writers are down
lets wait and see - ryan said buck and eddie get closer than they ever have been but then the guy who plays tommy said there arent any plans for buddie as of right now....... im just hoping we get a few more seasons and they end up together cuz the chemistry is crazy and i hate when shows tease two men with undeniable potential to be a couple.

Pretty sure that’s not quite what Oliver said what he said he’s open to a Buddie relationship whether it may be romantic or platonic I’m also pretty sure the getting closer part was referring to Buck giving Christopher the girl talk

Javard1985

Cherished Member
Media
Eddie and Tommy made much more sense. I knew Ryan was most likely the reason we haven’t gotten Buck and Eddie. Y’all claim Ryan is Gay or Bi. I still don’t believe that he Gay or Bi. So I don’t get why he wouldn’t want to play a Gay or Bi character. It’s just acting. Unless by some chance he is Gay or Bi and it’s to close to home for him. I don’t think Buddie is ever going to happen.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Eddie and Tommy made much more sense. I knew Ryan was most likely the reason we haven’t gotten Buck and Eddie. Y’all claim Ryan is Gay or Bi. I still don’t believe that he Gay or Bi. So I don’t get why he wouldn’t want to play a Gay or Bi character. It’s just acting. Unless by some chance he is Gay or Bi and it’s to close to home for him. I don’t think Buddie is ever going to happen.

It’s the latter. I do believe Ryan is indeed bi and it’s too close to home for him. So not surprising.

Reactions: mattthebruinsfan

Justin Brookes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

he had grindr and scruff on his phone. at this point it's not really a debate anymore lol

shdjdjrntbdn

Loved Member
Media
i really don’t understand why some of you are so convinced ryan turned down the storyline bc he doesn’t want to play a gay role, he already has before. it’s been confirmed that there were several people involved with buck/eddie planned to come back for this season that had scheduling issues which probably led to storylines being switched

deek62

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Lou Ferrigno Jr. on Returning to ‘9-1-1’ for Buck’s Bisexual Awakening

They were originally gonna do Eddie/Tommy, and with they way they brought up Eddie's catcholic guilt this episode.... OMG I don't wanna delude myself but it's getting harder :sob:

Let’s not forget this is not the first time a storyline/couple has been changed last minute Jennifer Love Hewitt said in an interview that originally Maddie and Eddie were going to get together but she suggested Chimney and her thoughts were taken on board

didnt oliver insinuate he agreed with all the buddie ship chatter on social media?

I’m going with he meant Bi Buck as he said it was quite obvious and the crumbs were there also when I said he was open to a romantic or platonic relationship that was the queer baiting he was accused of

LeoBas

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i really don’t understand why some of you are so convinced ryan turned down the storyline bc he doesn’t want to play a gay role, he already has before. it’s been confirmed that there were several people involved with buck/eddie planned to come back for this season that had scheduling issues which probably led to storylines being switched
Thank You. Finally someone with a brain. I don’t get how people get to the conclusion that it was Ryan’s fault when there’s a whole lot of reason why it could’ve happen. Lou really did Ryan a disservice by implying that in that article.

Apparently there were scenes already written with Buck and Natalia but when the actress playing Natalia had scheduling conflicts they had to switch the storylines and wrote her off. Since the transphobe playing Marisol was available it was easier to switch Buck and Eddie’s instead.

9-1-1 changes things up until the day the episode airs. Take for example The Bachelor crossover, that was originally suppose to be on last nights episode not last week so the change is not that surprising to me. I guess it’s easier to blame everything on one person than having to actually think critically for a moment.

BIueOcean4

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What gay role did he play before?

deek62

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Thank You. Finally someone with a brain. I don’t get how people get to the conclusion that it was Ryan’s fault when there’s a whole lot of reason why it could’ve happen. Lou really did Ryan a disservice by implying that in that article.

Apparently there were scenes already written with Buck and Natalia but when the actress playing Natalia had scheduling conflicts they had to switch the storylines and wrote her off. Since the transphobe playing Marisol was available it was easier to switch Buck and Eddie’s instead.

9-1-1 changes things up until the day the episode airs. Take for example The Bachelor crossover, that was originally suppose to be on last nights episode not last week so the change is not that surprising to me. I guess it’s easier to blame everything on one person than having to actually think critically for a moment.

Where did it say that Edy Ganem was transphobic did she post something on Twitter or Instagram

LeoBas

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Where did it say that Edy Ganem was transphobic did she post something on Twitter or Instagram
It was on Instagram. She posted this on her stories. IMG_1237.png

When people told her why it was offensive she posted this “apology” and the live never happened.
IMG_1238.png

Since then people have been calling her out. Then she responds to this comment on one of her posts. (She’s crying because she posted a audition tape I think)
IMG_1236.png

So people got even more mad at her for that, so she ended up hiding her comments and only kept that one.

I used to like her on Devious Maids and saw that story and at first I didn’t pay much attention to it but noticed later on Twitter that they were talking about her. I ended up asking a trans friend about the joke and he something like “personally I don’t really care because I ignore people like that but yes it comes off as transphobic because it’s making fun of something very real that a lot of us go through and people don’t respect.” So yeah I didn’t care for Edy much after that.

Sorry everyone, the post got a little long.

Mesa

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What gay role did he play before?
He was a hook up for Matt Boomer in Papi Chulo, just things went deeply wrong for Matt's character and I don't think they ended up doing anything sexual, but Ryan did get naked (not that they showed much more than his torso)

Mesa

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As for the entire it's Ryan's fault this and that. There's an article where he says he's open to going there if they want to go that route with him and Oliver and also that he and Oliver see and read some of the fanfiction out there and think the writers of those fictions are creative people.
In that same article, he also said he's had a friend who came out to him similarly to how Buck came out to Eddie so he drew from that in his acting.

9-1-1’s Ryan Guzman Says Buck, Eddie Connection Is 'Stronger Than Ever'

Whether Buck and Eddie will turn from friends to lovers is unknown, but Guzman said he’s “here for” wherever the writers want to take the story — as long as what makes Buck and Eddie special remains intact along the way.

“Whatever happens between the characters happens, but I think the sanctity of that vulnerability is what needs to be kept, and the connection,” he explained. “Whatever happens with Buck finding if he wants to explore this route [with his sexuality] even further or not, that connection maintains itself.”

For now, Guzman is thrilled that people are creating their own story lines for Buck and Eddie, and feeling connected to the onscreen duo. He’s even read some of the fanmade work and is extremely impressed with what people have come up with.

“I’ve seen it all. Me and Oliver have fun with that. We like to look into it and say, ‘Oh, OK, well this is the new story line,’ he quipped. “I think somebody just wrote a couple [fake] scenes for episode 5, and I read them and was like, ‘Wow, it kind of seems like [showrunner] Tim Minear wrote this.’”

“I love that,” he said, smiling. “I love all the fandom.”

Caliops

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As for the entire it's Ryan's fault this and that. There's an article where he says he's open to going there if they want to go that route with him and Oliver and also that he and Oliver see and read some of the fanfiction out there and think the writers of those fictions are creative people.
In that same article, he also said he's had a friend who came out to him similarly to how Buck came out to Eddie so he drew from that in his acting.

9-1-1’s Ryan Guzman Says Buck, Eddie Connection Is 'Stronger Than Ever'

Whether Buck and Eddie will turn from friends to lovers is unknown, but Guzman said he’s “here for” wherever the writers want to take the story — as long as what makes Buck and Eddie special remains intact along the way.

“Whatever happens between the characters happens, but I think the sanctity of that vulnerability is what needs to be kept, and the connection,” he explained. “Whatever happens with Buck finding if he wants to explore this route [with his sexuality] even further or not, that connection maintains itself.”

For now, Guzman is thrilled that people are creating their own story lines for Buck and Eddie, and feeling connected to the onscreen duo. He’s even read some of the fanmade work and is extremely impressed with what people have come up with.

“I’ve seen it all. Me and Oliver have fun with that. We like to look into it and say, ‘Oh, OK, well this is the new story line,’ he quipped. “I think somebody just wrote a couple [fake] scenes for episode 5, and I read them and was like, ‘Wow, it kind of seems like [showrunner] Tim Minear wrote this.’”

“I love that,” he said, smiling. “I love all the fandom.”

I'm also gonna add these quotes from showrunner Tim Minear:

GK74KuZWIAAQY9u

GK74M4uXoAAPTTx

Things are obviously a lot better now with the move to ABC, but we gotta keep in mind that unfortunately not every decision is up to the actors and writers.

I will say I'm more hopeful now than I was before, with them making Bi Buck canon and the reveal they originally intended Eddie to be queer, and his catholic guilt being explored. Not to mention the actor and showrunners basically saying in every interview they'd be down for it

If before there was a 5% chance of it happening, now I think it's closer to 50/50. Don't think there's anything more coming this season since it's shorter, but if the ratings keep steady maybe there's a chance they start to build a more solid foundation for Buddie in season 8.