Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One thing is for sure.....her legacy will live on like no other.

Of course her 70 years on the throne will see to this, but it's way more than that. She stood proud whilst her family mucked about, she cared for people, she listened to us 'commoners', she broke free from royal tradition in that she dared to have a sense of humour, she made sure her dogs were in photo shots when it was possible......and above all, her Christmas Day message for year after year, decade after decade, felt as if it was written by Queen Elizabeth II.....and not by some faceless spin doctor.

I signed the local Book Of Condolence a few days after Her Majesty's passing. And do you know what.....instead of feeling sad, I felt HONOURED. Because I was lucky to have been alive when Elizabeth II ruled.

Woofwoofmeow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
First Photo of Her Majesty's grave, St Georges Chaple London. buried with Mother and father. husband and sister Princess Margarets Ashes.
View attachment 78811621
It would seem with the ”head stone” lifted, there must be an open area that would accomodate the four coffins side by side??

Reactions: Queenie Queers

Woofwoofmeow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Correct.

There is space in the vault for 4 monarchs and their spouse.
Thats what I was kinda thinking....it must be enough of a “crawl space” for someone to enter and place the coffins........

I find the interment (?) [if that’s the right word], is interesting. I think the history and process of the burial of the Monarch of British history interesting to know.

Reactions: Queenie Queers

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have always been a great admirer of Queen Elizabeth. She has served her nation nobly for seventy years. She's been served by every Prime Minister from Attlee and Churchill .....

Actually, no. Attlee left Downing Street in October of '51. George VI's death, and Elizabeth's ascension, took place in the following February. Churchill was her first, and favourite, prime minister.
She promised on her coronation to serve her nation faithfully, and that she's done with grace and dignity.

She also seemed like a truly nice and decent person. I will miss the friendly smile and the twinkle in her eye.

All so true.

When we look at the history of other nations, including my own, we should all wish for such a long period of decency and stability by the head of state.

RIP, old girl!
Absolutely.
She was amazing, on her game, in full assumption of duty throughout her very long life.

I was totally moved when I saw that final photo of her, at Balmoral, waiting for Liz Truss to appear to be appointed PM. Two days before her death of old age, Elizabeth's still has the most game and even sincere smile on her face.
In harness to the very last.
Got rather teary seeing that.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, no. Attlee left Downing Street in October of '51. George VI's death, and Elizabeth's ascension, took place in the following February. Churchill was her first, and favourite, prime minister.

You missed another mistake of mine.
. . . and met every President, save LBJ, since Eisenhower. . .
She actually met President Truman, too; not as Queen, but as Princess.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
related

happy nz keeping royalty alive
p anne and husband visiting next monyh,coutesy of nzs defunct military inviting them

nice,well deserved
her accepting invite,no prejudices there
welcome

king wills/george also,whenever

JoeRoscoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One met her at a reception for the Foreign Office many moons ago with Lord Frost,her husband Sir Tim 2 paces behind the Princess Royal.
She and Sir Tim seem to have a happy marriage, which is lovely to see.

Something about her is so appealing: I like her refreshing, no-nonsense approach. And her hairstyle!

Lady Frost OBE

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She and Sir Tim seem to have a happy marriage, which is lovely to see.

Something about her is so appealing: I like her refreshing, no-nonsense approach. And her hairstyle!
The husband knows his place no doubt and always best in my opion:D

Lord Frost walks 2 paces behind and the folds the laundry.