Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I’m sure there are many people in the world who are don’t know/support/understand the Royal Family here in the UK, but this afternoon she passed away at the grand old age of 96.

I am sad about this as she has relentlessly served our country as the longest ever reigning monarch we have had.

Thank you, and RIP Ma‘am ♥️

LPSG Owner and Admin Note
Thank you for posting this Wine. If you don't mind I'm going to pin this and make it our official tribute to the Queen thread.

One Request.... If you don't like the Queen or the Monarchy that is perfectly fine. Please keep your thoughts to yourself or find another site to share them on. This thread is a positive and loving thread for Queen Elizabeth II. Please respect that.

Last edited by a moderator:

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw the headlines when I woke up this morning about her being under medical care. But when my phone rang this afternoon, and I saw it was my Mum I knew what had happened before I got the news flash.

She was completely beside herself. She was the only monarch she knew since she was a little girl. She read about the coronation when she was 8 years old. They didn't have a TV then.

Mum has had issues in some way or another every PM the UK has ever had, but she never wavered from her loyalty to the Queen, even from Texas!

Charles might be another matter altogether, but to Mum the Queen was family.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I told my husband last night that I feared the Queen may not have much longer, and when we were grabbing lunch this afternoon, the news popped up.

May she rest peacefully, and of course, my love and respect to those under her rule who are in mourning right now.

Intellectualmeat

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It’s sad to hear that she passed. RIP Queen.

I would like to ask a favor. In some other thread (this doesn’t feel like the place) can someone help a regular American understand the concept of the Royal family? I only know they’re important to millions of people.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have always been a great admirer of Queen Elizabeth. She has served her nation nobly for seventy years. She's been served by every Prime Minister from Attlee and Churchill and met every President, save LBJ, since Eisenhower. She promised on her coronation to serve her nation faithfully, and that she's done with grace and dignity.

She also seemed like a truly nice and decent person. I will miss the friendly smile and the twinkle in her eye. When we look at the history of other nations, including my own, we should all wish for such a long period of decency and stability by the head of state.

RIP, old girl!

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As an American I can only assume many Brits are in mourning today. No, we don't understand Monarchies, but we do tradition. She lived a full life and represented her country well.

LilJock

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One hopes the reign of Charles III will be much less eventful than those of Charles I & II. ;)

Else who will his Cromwell be?
Charles I came a-cropper, seeing his last under the chopping block before the Banqueting House across from the Horseguards in London. But Charles II was a completely different kettle of fish. He is traditionally considered one of the most popular English kings, popularly known as the Merry Monarch.

With his inherent shyness and sobriety, Charles III will undoubtedly never be so described, nor does he possess the natural warmth and likability of his mother, but hopefully his dutiful sense of service will endear him to his people. He'll do well to curb his personal enthusiasms and imitate his mother's indirect approach to politics.

Margaret Thatcher once recounted an example of Elizabeth's gentle approach to difficult affairs. The government had advised her not to preside over an expected contentious meeting of the Commonwealth, to send someone else in her place, but Queen Elizabeth pressed on with her desire to attend. When the fractious meeting finally took place, lo and behold, the presence of the Queen, who most ministers had viewed as a highly respected grandmotherly figure most their lives, put them all on their best behavior and the meeting went off in an atmosphere of comity and goodwill. Thatcher admitted the meeting could never have succeeded as it did without the Queen's calming presence.

D

deleted16577781

For the american questions and others, maybe!!!

I grew up going to primary school and singing God save our Queen. Later it stopped. I liked singing full stop but no real concept when younger except that 'royalty' ran the show.
Later one learns that, that wasn't/isn't the case anymore and it the government and politicians and bureaucrats that run the show but the Queen - in my life - still had some say when it came to the end and that wasn't always public knowledge - so it seems!!

(Mostly I do not believe in Royalty anymore but (to stir the pot maybe) is it any better really now without Royalty.. but things need to change and humans need to be less authority driven **my opinion only)

I lost the Royals aspect many years ago and now that I live in Switzerland where most people do not understand it and 'maybe' because - in Europe - the kings and queens were sent packing many years ago.

Then I visited Denmark and saw where the Queen and her family lived and it was quite open.. not this big palace like in England she was more down to earth and a spritely woman - despite the many negatives and conspiracy theories... just to put it here...

Then we had Queen Elizabeth and Donald Trump incident... many were mmmm shocked, horrified that he treated the Queen.. remember they were walking somewhere... ??? and people were horrified about this but I for one thought ... she fronted him and just made it light and a 'joke' type of thing and that to me was the Queen.. no matter what one says about her (friends of mine are already bitching about Lady Dianne - such a tragic accident), the Queen remained Loyal to her position whether we understand/approve/want/need it, she was there... and 'maybe' behind the scenes she was a right royal bitch/battle-axe, but she remained true to her position and that I think is what made her one of the greats on this earth... it is more complex I think but many people do not seem to understand the Position she was in and we saw / see this with Harry and Meghan (good luck to them really, but...) the Queen had a Role to play and she did it until the end... She was still active until the end...

I hope I have explained something of what I feel?

But how do I feel?

I feel a deep sadness in me about her passing and I don't understand it... it is like there is something in every cell of my body and hence "it's hard to unlearn something you have been taught all your life".
I accept that things have to change now and I think I am glad that Leaders around the world 'maybe' have waited to make a move to change society - example: less commonwealth and more republic!!!

Ich weiss es nicht! I don't know!

The other thing I like, even if it was only public show, is that she really stuck to her Role. I wish I could stick to my principals as much as she did... maybe it is the consciousness that I liked in the end. To rise above ones Lower Emotions. I'm not trying to bash Trump here but I think the Queen knew exactly how to handle him. It would be like me going to visit her and being a smart-arse and she sees straight through me and handles me without making me feel small. That was the Queen!!

That is a little bit of my life of living in a country that was part of the Commonwealth and part of the English royalty System....

End of ramble.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Queen Elizabeth II was respected and loved the world over. She dedicated her life to the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. Her last act of service was two days before her death.
That shows dedication.
She will be sorely missed, her understanding of the political minefield was probably better than that of many of the leaders.
For over 70 years she was at the helm of a world that saw great changes, many leaders came and went, and much changed on the face of the political world as well, but throughout she remained a constant.
She did have her frailties, failed at times to move with the times, to get swept up in the huge tides of human emotions. Her unfailing approach to carrying out the duty she inherited by default shows the world, and the United Kindom, that a promise made at the start of her reign was indeed kept.
There will be those who think they don't owe any allegiance, but those are fewer by a long shot than those who mourn.
Let those who wish to fire arrows of disconnect at least respect those who feel a great loss do so without stirring up rancor.
The world will be a worse place without her in it.
God Rest Queen Elizabeth