Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Whatever gets him more following I guess..
Alot of these public influencers are doing it for the money, and frankly it's their only income. So maintaining the highest following and interaction is what matters the most to them regardless of their principles..

Urien

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I suppose what I’m getting at is that Noel’s whole entire thing is that he’s supportive and a role model for young men to become the best versions of themselves. But it comes off as cowardly and fake when he doesn’t acknowledge that he’s a gay man. I’m not saying he needs to wave a rainbow flag and wear a leotard to the gym — just that it would be nice to have these conversations.

He is open irl and to those who know him. He has nothing to hide.

Being gay does not mean one should bend the knee in support of the LGBTQ movement. He's a role model for so many MEN - all men- and that transcends homosexuality on its own. Take it or leave it.

DandyBerlin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You people crack me up. Why are you even here if you want Noel to be someone he's not? Just because his sexuality isn't performative you all act like it's hidden. If he wanted to hide his sexuality he wouldn't have entered the Mr Gay World contest. Go fanboy over Davey Wavey if Noel's not gay enough for you.

quicklackey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You people crack me up. Why are you even here if you want Noel to be someone he's not? Just because his sexuality isn't performative you all act like it's hidden. If he wanted to hide his sexuality he wouldn't have entered the Mr Gay World contest. Go fanboy over Davey Wavey if Noel's not gay enough for you.
That's kind of a misread of the criticism. No one is dunking on Noel because he's "too masc" or isn't a walking stereotype of a gay man.
Like, come on, everyone here is smart, and everyone here knows that the reason Noel doesn't post anything about being gay too openly isn't because he's too masc or that he doesn't want to be performative. It's because he knows if he does that a ton of his little straight teen boy fans will flip their shit and unfollow him for being "too woke". It's purely a business move, and a smart one considering what business he's a part of. And idk yall can debate the ethics of that, but I hope we can all at least agree on this one thing. Which is, he doesn't mention too it too often for business reasons.

DandyBerlin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's kind of a misread of the criticism. No one is dunking on Noel because he's "too masc" or isn't a walking stereotype of a gay man.
Like, come on, everyone here is smart, and everyone here knows that the reason Noel doesn't post anything about being gay too openly isn't because he's too masc or that he doesn't want to be performative. It's because he knows if he does that a ton of his little straight teen boy fans will flip their shit and unfollow him for being "too woke". It's purely a business move, and a smart one considering what business he's a part of. And idk yall can debate the ethics of that, but I hope we can all at least agree on this one thing. Which is, he doesn't mention too it too often for business reasons.
Got any actual evidence that those are his reasons? Because as far as I can tell it's just bitchy speculation.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
"being gay too openly"...

What exactly does that look like? And how would differentiate from any straight bodybuilder that doesn't mention relationships with women? or his "straightness".

The way I see it, some people are just private about their sexual/romantic lives, regardless of sexuality. I haven't seen evidence that Noel is purposefully hiding for the sake of his audience. Most of the audience literally don't care if a guy is gay as long as they don't feel like they are being preached to.

Most people DO know that Noel is gay. Well most people in the bodybuilding community anyway. There is no hiding going on here. smh

Hat123456

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
pic already posted before here. with how stuff is going, wonder if he'll ever do nude photoshoots or so with that +8" meat canon(i think surgically made bigger)... almost everyone seems to be behind a paywall to see them naked and fap nowadays

tumblr_91cec91ece206824017b19d06f135273_491795e9_540.jpg

hisiff maji

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree why on earth is he doing these cringy videos with women making out they are his gf and things …when he’s gay ???? He so vain he wants to appeal to women as well ..guys a clown
Because 85% of guys are straight, and an even higher percentage of the gym bros? Why can’t a gay man make silly skits that his majority straight audience can relate to without being labeled a closet case? I wish he would be more open about himself on his public profiles but I understand why he isn’t.

idkb00

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Because 85% of guys are straight, and an even higher percentage of the gym bros? Why can’t a gay man make silly skits that his majority straight audience can relate to without being labeled a closet case? I wish he would be more open about himself on his public profiles but I understand why he isn’t.
Anyways, still lame

Reactions: PSEXavier97

Tinfoilhaberdasher

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So Noel keeps his personal life separate from his public persona. I don't see it as a problem.

Not every homosexual wants to define themselves with Pride flags. And there should be room for that.
Agreed. Why is there an expectation for everyone with more than a thousand followers on IG to suddenly become bastians of the pride movement? Some of us just want to live our lives. We're done fighting and just wanna move on.

Tmwbk

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He probably means MPMD.

Regardless, it's not worth arguing over, guys. :weary_face: You're both right to an extent. As @Ryuusuke points out, it's true that he's downplayed his sexuality to cater to a straight audience. If you follow that space, it's evident that even the most private fitness influencers like J*ff N*ppard and Gr*g D*ucette do occasionally, but sparingly include their partners in content/instagram pictures, while J*rdan is basically non-existent in Noel's content.

The most mention or longest feature I've ever seen of J*rdan has been on other lifter's channel.

View attachment 87282001

That said, you're also right @hisiff maji that his skits aren't real and at the end of the day, he's centering his content on his audience's preferences over his own personal life. Which is a totally acceptable way to run a business. He's about to be 40, so I doubt his priorities include overexposing his life like these other 20 year old vloggers. He probably just wants to make money and keep it moving.

At the end of the day, not every gay person needs to become a gay icon in some space. That's a lot of pressure to put on any one person. Some ppl are just content to live their private lives privately.

Can't we all just get along, fellas? :relieved:
Just found this thread and your comment was probably the only one that could sum up this complex, nuanced situation. The bottom line is that Noel is a nice, decent man, whose content is extremely positive and he's a good role model for young men — gay or straight. There so many toxic, misogynistic, hateful fitness/bodybuilding content creators out there; and he's the exact opposite of all that. Just based off of that if you detest or abhor him like many seem to on this thread, you need to sit down and reflect on whatever insecurities his online presence triggers in you.

His content is not entertaining for me and most people here because we aren't straight dudes 25 and younger. But that's a completely different question.

As for what his online persona is, it simply reflects want he ultimately wants from it (to build up his supplement company, which he's managed to do) and how much of his private life he wants to attach to it. In my view, the fact he's gay does heavily inform a lot of his content, on his ig he did a whole stunt around getting oiled up and having a photoshoot if he got to 600k followers. He then posted it, his followers all did the same bit on the comments that they were jerking off to him, etc, and Noel then said that "he managed to get thousands of straight guys to cheer for me to get oiled up".

Bodybuilding is extremely homoerotic, gay men have since its inception been attracted to it, both as admirers and practicioners of it. So it's honestly no wonder that he seems like a fish in the water in the world he's in.