TownDep

Superior Member
Media
The "you" wasn't directed to you lol its a statement for everyone. Also, stating "2023" is irrelevant because it doesn't mean anything at all.

Grindr is notorious for hookups and crazy shit; but mostly for hookups. Majority of people go there with a goal in mind, sex. So putting your preference on their profiles would save time for everyone.

Stating your preference is your right in every way. I'm not sure if YOU get a lot of messages on Grindr, which I doubt, having to reply to every single person is exhausting. The preference on the profile will help with "filtering" those messages because as I said it helps save everyone time.

Types/preferences are specifics by the way lol everyone is entitled to what they want and what they prefer. Don't condemn him just because he's attracted to a certain type.
Managed to answer nothing with all those paragraphs but needed still throw in a dig at me for what reason? Still couldn't answer what I asked

TownDep

Superior Member
Media
I don’t think it’s about being someone’s “type” it’s more so about perpetuating the idea that if you aren’t masculine enough, you’re viewed differently. it comes off condescending. and who is anyone to define what “masc” is or not? they could sound like a whole sissy but just bc you have muscles and pose like a heterosexual male, doesn’t mean you’re “masc”
Exactly. Gay culture (even on Grindr) has moved forward from this. It still exists of course, but you'll find more guys turned off by someone needing to state "masc only" in a profile description.

Usually only see it with guys on the dl or unable to hold a conversation and find out whether or not someone if their type

Reactions: PetitWiiU

Ssa1814

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No. There is nothing wrong with having an attraction or dating preference based on masculinity or femininity. Moreover, because it’s often a central preference, there is nothing wrong with clearly stating that preference on dating platforms, as long one is not insulting of those outside the preference. Having a preference for masculine men is not homophobic because being gay or bisexual does not equate to being effeminate or nonmasculine.
Exactly. You would never hear them complaining if some random dude said he only likes fem guys.