How many guys on lpsg are bisexual?

Clivy699

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Some gay guys dislike bi guys because they believe our struggle is not the same, and that part of being in the LGQBT is the shared sense of homophobia that is felt among the group. One such argument is that we as bi, can just hide our gay side and blend in. And that therefore, our claim to LGQBT "perks" is not earned and that we are just imposters. That of course is just plain nonsense and bi erasure to the core, but that is the thought process.

For some bi people, yes we can do that. But a lot of people forgot that not all bi men are "straight men" that also like dick. We too, in the bi community, can be very effeminate. Femboys are not unique to just gay men. Many bi people would love to paint their nails black or dress more androgynous. Hiding that part of yourself is not blending in, it's masking, which is the same thing gay people that are closeted have to do.

And even though of us are who "straight" presenting, it sucks having to hide who we are. I am mostly closeted, and the amount of people who throw straight stuff at me for being a "straight man" just don't get me, but I mask as a straight man and just go with the flow.

Lastly, and this I can understand more, though I disagree with it -- some gay men do not like bi men because they are fearful of losing us to a woman. A woman can offer us something a man never can (and vice versa), and for some gay men, that makes them uncomfortable.

Straight women can also be very biphobic too, mainly because sexist nonsense about preferring to be with a "real man". Rubbish and nonsense of course and these types of sexist people are to be avoided, but nonetheless, this is something we sometimes have to deal with.

For many bi people, part of the bi experience is not being straight enough for straight people, and not being gay enough for gay people.
I can really relate to this. I absolutely have been on the receiving end of gay guys who very much don’t want the hassle of someone “who can’t make up their minds,” like it has to be one or the other so they’re a nope when they discover you’re bi, they’ve always been pretty dismissive. Too much hassle, closeted, etc etc. which is fine, it’s up to them, they’ve not been overly malicious about it, and that’s more been in the past for me.

Now, the strangest thing is that some men are attracted to me for that reason! I’m an actual dad, I also now qualify as a daddy too I’m told, which has totally opened so many doors

daftman

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think myself personally, I’m very straight and masculine……But, with a willing partner (man), I would love to be a submissive sissy bitch that wears feminine type clothing to have a little fun. What does this make me, and do people hate me for this?
well, I for one do not hate you... and that would be fun!

daftman

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would add, as well, that this site is a very pleasant place to exchange thoughts and ideas and attractions, freely. discovering my bisexuality over the past, wow, 15 years, is really pleasant, AND has made me a better person. So, for me really appreciate this forum.

JD_002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I can really relate to this. I absolutely have been on the receiving end of gay guys who very much don’t want the hassle of someone “who can’t make up their minds,” like it has to be one or the other so they’re a nope when they discover you’re bi, they’ve always been pretty dismissive. Too much hassle, closeted, etc etc. which is fine, it’s up to them, they’ve not been overly malicious about it, and that’s more been in the past for me.

Now, the strangest thing is that some men are attracted to me for that reason! I’m an actual dad, I also now qualify as a daddy too I’m told, which has totally opened so many doors
I can sort of relate, I'm not attracted to married men but I certainly have a thing for other bi guys.

Reactions: Clivy699

curioustxboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some gay guys dislike bi guys because they believe our struggle is not the same, and that part of being in the LGQBT is the shared sense of homophobia that is felt among the group. One such argument is that we as bi, can just hide our gay side and blend in. And that therefore, our claim to LGQBT "perks" is not earned and that we are just imposters. That of course is just plain nonsense and bi erasure to the core, but that is the thought process.

For some bi people, yes we can do that. But a lot of people forgot that not all bi men are "straight men" that also like dick. We too, in the bi community, can be very effeminate. Femboys are not unique to just gay men. Many bi people would love to paint their nails black or dress more androgynous. Hiding that part of yourself is not blending in, it's masking, which is the same thing gay people that are closeted have to do.

And even though of us are who "straight" presenting, it sucks having to hide who we are. I am mostly closeted, and the amount of people who throw straight stuff at me for being a "straight man" just don't get me, but I mask as a straight man and just go with the flow.

Lastly, and this I can understand more, though I disagree with it -- some gay men do not like bi men because they are fearful of losing us to a woman. A woman can offer us something a man never can (and vice versa), and for some gay men, that makes them uncomfortable.

Straight women can also be very biphobic too, mainly because sexist nonsense about preferring to be with a "real man". Rubbish and nonsense of course and these types of sexist people are to be avoided, but nonetheless, this is something we sometimes have to deal with.

For many bi people, part of the bi experience is not being straight enough for straight people, and not being gay enough for gay people.
Very well-said! That pretty well sums it up.

DCcurious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Curious how many hi guys are open with their partners?

im bi bit more on intimate contact more so than sex. And I’ve been advised to keep it to myself.

Reactions: bijockfl

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I’ve never heard of this before. Are there any gay guys that can confirm this?
There has always been pushback by the gay community. Gays mostly don't like BI guys. Straights don't usually like BI guys either, especially the ones who look 100% straight. I personally think that BI guys consist of a much larger sub-set of men that anyone would believe however there's no way to poll people to get a good head count.

JD_002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
There has always been pushback by the gay community. Gays mostly don't like BI guys. Straights don't usually like BI guys either, especially the ones who look 100% straight. I personally think that BI guys consist of a much larger sub-set of men that anyone would believe however there's no way to poll people to get a good head count.
Straight men are very ignorant but straight women are a nightmare.

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am aware of only one poll done in 2023 on 3428 members where 24.8% of responders are bisexual ( and 2.9% are pansexual). However this forum contains several hundreds of thousands members. While doing poll on all members is in practice impossible its nice to speculate.

In my opinion
50-60% guys here are bi/pan
20-30% guys here are gay
5-10% guys here are straight
0.5-1% guys here are asexual
It seems an indisputable zero percent of the men on LPSG are straight because, so goes the narrative, if you claim to be straight you're only denying your gayness or bisexuality because you're just one hot guy away from acting out on your latent gayness or bisexuality which will exist dormant, but alive, inside you until your time on this earth is done and, by that time, your claim of having been straight cannot be proved so you were just being dishonest your entire life. How you apportion that 5% to 10% is up to you.

BiAlex39

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I am aware of only one poll done in 2023 on 3428 members where 24.8% of responders are bisexual ( and 2.9% are pansexual). However this forum contains several hundreds of thousands members. While doing poll on all members is in practice impossible its nice to speculate.

In my opinion
50-60% guys here are bi/pan
20-30% guys here are gay
5-10% guys here are straight
0.5-1% guys here are asexual
Me…..love dick but enjoy pussy too…..