Edvin Ryding

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He still has the missing tooth. I don't think he's changed anything, and good for him that he hasn't.

Agree with this. Edvin himself has said himself that he's still auditioning and trying to prove himself to casting directors. He's doing well in Sweden, regardless.
The old fashioned way to get over with a casting director would be to drop trou...

• Haha
Reactions: shameonm3

shameonm3

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Truth. There are a handful of American actresses on network TV that I can't tell apart—all the work they had done makes them look identical.

I really don't think an actor has to 'make it in Hollywood' to be successful. I'm sure Edvin will be very, very successful in Sweden. People compare him to the Skarsgards, but they're all Nepo kids. Sure, they're talented, but doors were already open for them. Personally, I think he should get English acting experience in UK productions first. It'll be an easier transition for him.
Malte signed with a UK agency. Smart move, but his english is wayyyy more heavily accented than E or O’s. Somehow Frida (who plays Sara) has a very clear american accent, and is quite articulate.

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Malte signed with a UK agency. Smart move, but his english is wayyyy more heavily accented than E or O’s. Somehow Frida (who plays Sara) has a very clear american accent, and is quite articulate.
I'm sure I'll catch shit for this, because although I knew my career extremely well, people on big cock forums always know better... but Frida is autistic.
And a few of the autistic teens I used to work with spoke in almost perfect American accents because they were non-verbal in their formative years, but had the ability to talk, and they would absorb American cartoons or TV and when they suddenly did speak it was just like the programmes they viewed and nothing like their parents or speech therapists.
So that could always be the case with Frida.
Her English was very good.

Reactions: shameonm3

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sure I'll catch shit for this, because although I knew my career extremely well, people on big cock forums always know better... but Frida is autistic.
And a few of the autistic teens I used to work with spoke in almost perfect American accents because they were non-verbal in their formative years, but had the ability to talk, and they would absorb American cartoons or TV and when they suddenly did speak it was just like the programmes they viewed and nothing like their parents or speech therapists.
So that could always be the case with Frida.
Her English was very good.
IDK why you catch shit for it. I thought it was fairly well-known that some people on the spectrum are very good at mimicking speech.

Reactions: Enjay87

Waystar Royco

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You're right! I took someone's word for it. But I just googled him from opening night on broadway and it looks like it's still missing.

Joe's gotten some sort of reparative work done (he mentioned a crown coming out a couple of weeks ago) but I think the work has been more for his oral health than career-related. Someone else mentioned Kit getting the gap filled, he did but it didn't have anything to do with his America trip and it seemed more like a personal insecurity thing. He wasn't smiling with his teeth until after he got his tooth fixed, even in personal pictures when he was younger.

Back on topic, I'm sure Edvin's accent has some effect on international prospects, but I wonder how much of it is just down to how competitive it is for parts in his age range. I'm trying to think of what recent parts he might have been a good fit for.

Reactions: Caesarimp

redrocks3313

Admired Member
Media
I might just be speaking out my ass here but to me Edvin's accent doesn't come through that much when he speaks English. I can tell it isn't his first language but he doesn't sound stereotypically Swedish either, it's a nice balance. I doubt his voice would be much of an issue if he leaned into a character with similar speech

Reactions: Enjay87

User101823

Legendary Member
Media
Do I have to be the person who brings up the elephant in the room? It's not (only) because of his accent. If he wants to be in American productions, he'll have to make some changes to his appearance to comply with the outrageous beauty standards expected of American actors. Especially young American actors.
That’s crazy. He’s a very good looking guy.

Reactions: tms88

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I might just be speaking out my ass here but to me Edvin's accent doesn't come through that much when he speaks English. I can tell it isn't his first language but he doesn't sound stereotypically Swedish either, it's a nice balance. I doubt his voice would be much of an issue if he leaned into a character with similar speech

You're certainly right about Edvin, but America is a funny place lol. You should see the subtitles they put underneath people with even the slightest accents when they're interviewed on TV, because they're afraid Americans won't be able to understand them. I don't know how much this reflects the actual views of the populace, but Hollywood in particular seems very averse to accents other than British unless you're playing a vampire or a Bond villain. Mads Mikkelsen has often joked about how he gets villain roles because of his "funny accent" (his words, not mine). You can make a movie about Napoleon and nobody has a French accent or a movie about ancient Egypt and everyone is British. Its weird!

Reactions: redrocks3313

redrocks3313

Admired Member
Media
Yeah youre
You're certainly right about Edvin, but America is a funny place lol. You should see the subtitles they put underneath people with even the slightest accents when they're interviewed on TV, because they're afraid Americans won't be able to understand them. I don't know how much this reflects the actual views of the populace, but Hollywood in particular seems very averse to accents other than British unless you're playing a vampire or a Bond villain... etc
Yeah America is afraid of accents. I think certain actors (especially Germans) have been able to stand out due to their accents in an industry dominated by American and British sounding people. Edvin has a history of playing villains or emotionally complex characters so whatever lane he goes into I don't he'll have to look far to find a role. Hollywood fashion politics is a whole other beast I don't mind if he doesn't want to get into though, I'd rather he stay true to his own style

User101823

Legendary Member
Media
Crazy how all these little nitpicks add up to so much. I think he looks perfect just the way he is, without photoshop, makeup, Accutane, dental work, or “fixing” his mild-at-best, yet charming Swedish list in his voice. Maybe he’s better than Hollywood…

beherenow

Superior Member
Media
Crazy how all these little nitpicks add up to so much. I think he looks perfect just the way he is, without photoshop, makeup, Accutane, dental work, or “fixing” his mild-at-best, yet charming Swedish list in his voice. Maybe he’s better than Hollywood…
I agree. He's beautiful the way he is, and a talented actor. Let's hope his career becomes a series of interesting, well done films/shows. Not a bunch of lame Hollywood blockbusters.

redrocks3313

Admired Member
Media
I agree. He's beautiful the way he is, and a talented actor. Let's hope his career becomes a series of interesting, well done films/shows. Not a bunch of lame Hollywood blockbusters.
100%. I also hope he and Omar or Malte do more, they have such a natural chemistry on screen together and it could lend itself to such a wide variety of roles. It's such an exciting time for all of them as actors

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
100%. I also hope he and Omar or Malte do more, they have such a natural chemistry on screen together and it could lend itself to such a wide variety of roles. It's such an exciting time for all of them as actors
Edvin and Omar have said they plan to act together again in vastly different roles from Wille and Simon.
They also said they are working on something together right now that isn't acting, and will suprise people, that will be announced soon.

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Agree. I mentioned it before, but I don't think success = Hollywood like some Americans do. I know he'll have a long career and I'll be happy to watch him in Swedish productions.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I think pretty much everyone here agrees with that, no? These little imperfections or differences give someone character and can make them MORE attractive. I think we're more just concerned that the Hollywood system would not welcome them.

And of course he doesn't NEED to go to Hollywood, I think we're all pretty much agreed there too. He can have a fantastic career as an actor without ever going to America

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
even in s1 and s2 he doesn't sound like a native english speaker. maybe because i'm also an esl i can easily pick it out, but there's ways of pronouncing words that give it away.
No shit! It's his second language.
and i'm very aware there's a difference between british and american english. he doesn't sound like either. more american, but that's common to most of us esl speakers, as we pick up on hearing english more from american media. but there's still a very noticeable accent when he speaks english
I fail to see why you're so hung up on that he doesn't sound like an American or Brit when it is easy to learn and fake accents.
i don't think i've ever watched the credits of any show. even pre-streaming, once the credits rolled, i changed the channel
most people don't. neither do i. yet, they're always there.