Edvin Ryding

Chk88

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
someone suggested that he needed to change to succeed in Hollywood but what do you change about perfection?

i think his acting is better than some of the young Americans currently getting work, his English is practically perfect, i dont care about the acne scars, i dont care if he doesnt have perfectly straight teeth, in my opinion he would do well in Hollywood with the girls fanbase and the gay fanbase, hell i wanna see him in a DC comics film or television series so bad

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
i think his acting is better than some of the young Americans currently getting work, his English is practically perfect, i dont care about the acne scars, i dont care if he doesnt have perfectly straight teeth, in my opinion he would do well in Hollywood with the girls fanbase and the gay fanbase, hell i wanna see him in a DC comics film or television series so bad
those things they are picking apart are the same we loved about him in YR. These "odd" things are what make people incredibly hot. the power of girls and gays is grossly underestimated.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
those things they are picking apart are the same we loved about him in YR. These "odd" things are what make people incredibly hot. the power of girls and gays is grossly underestimated.

Several people, myself included, have already said this. Nobody here has been criticizing Edvin, and I think pretty much everyone is in agreement with the general statement that those "odd" things are a part of what makes him attractive. The conversation was more about the peculiarities of Hollywood, their rigid adherence to very particular beauty standards, and whether that might hurt Edvin's chances of getting more work in America (not that he necessarily needs to work in America either).

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
Several people, myself included, have already said this. Nobody here has been criticizing Edvin, and I think pretty much everyone is in agreement with the general statement that those "odd" things are a part of what makes him attractive. The conversation was more about the peculiarities of Hollywood, their rigid adherence to very particular beauty standards, and whether that might hurt Edvin's chances of getting more work in America (not that he necessarily needs to work in America either).
if i remember correctly, something was said in the veins of the elephant in the room being that he wasn't hot enough to make it in Hollywood and would need some work done. they wanted to think they were criticising Hollywood but they were actually tearing apart his looks.

Reactions: Ziga299

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if i remember correctly, something was said in the veins of the elephant in the room being that he wasn't hot enough to make it in Hollywood and would need some work done. they wanted to think they were criticising Hollywood but they were actually tearing apart his looks.

"If he wants to be in American productions, he'll have to make some changes to his appearance to comply with the outrageous beauty standards expected of American actors. Especially young American actors."

The intent was clear, and the comments were not incorrect. He might, in fact, need to make some changes in order to comply with the outrageous beauty standards expected of American actors. The key word there being "outrageous." There's so many things for us all to argue about around here, we don't always need to take the least charitable readings of comments that are made in good faith.

Reactions: lovemenwithcurls

AdoptedCarrot

Cherished Member
Media
Remove the caked up make up, and stylist styled hair from every celebrity. As well as touched up photos, lighting and camera work. Most of them are pretty damn ordinary, unattractive and have heaps of skin blemishes etc. Even some of the so called "hot ones".

People have a warped perception that you have to be good looking to make it as an actor. Heaps of actors have made it well, despite not being super models. Jonah Hill for example.

If he doesn't make it in Hollywood. It's purely because of acting/being a cutthroat industry, not his looks. Modelling is an even more brutal industry, where looks are massive. Gotta be tall, skinny, have the right facial structure etc. He has done a bit of modelling already.

Reactions: Ziga299

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
"If he wants to be in American productions, he'll have to make some changes to his appearance to comply with the outrageous beauty standards expected of American actors. Especially young American actors."

The intent was clear, and the comments were not incorrect. He might, in fact, need to make some changes in order to comply with the outrageous beauty standards expected of American actors. The key word there being "outrageous." There's so many things for us all to argue about around here, we don't always need to take the least charitable readings of comments that are made in good faith.
boo! i get a sense of deja vu from you. might be because you're the one who initiated the discourse. you might have convinced yourself that was your "intent" but it is clear that you thought there was something off with his appearance else you wouldn't have announced your take how you did. you tried to mask it by blaming "outrageous" Hollywood standards (which he meets) but as evidenced by some reactions that came after your message, it was clear what you wanted to communicate.

And finally, you blame everyone else for "least charitable reading" (these exact words have come up before) instead of admitting that you might have had a part to play in something. Feel free to not respond because I'm not interested in getting into another thing with you.

• Haha

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
boo! i get a sense of deja vu from you. might be because you're the one who initiated the discourse. you might have convinced yourself that was your "intent" but it is clear that you thought there was something off with his appearance else you wouldn't have announced your take how you did. you tried to mask it by blaming "outrageous" Hollywood standards (which he meets) but as evidenced by some reactions that came after your message, it was clear what you wanted to communicate.

And finally, you blame everyone else for "least charitable reading" (these exact words have come up before) instead of admitting that you might have had a part to play in something. Feel free to not respond because I'm not interested in getting into another thing with you.
Not me, man. I didn’t start this, I came in later. And it was mostly a civil discussion until you and a couple others decided to start playing prosecutor off your half baked readings. But go off, I guess

milkway1

Loved Member
Media
Not me, man. I didn’t start this, I came in later. And it was mostly a civil discussion until you and a couple others decided to start playing prosecutor off your half baked readings. But go off, I guess
Well, in that case, you are blameless. You didn't start it and it's everyone else's fault for half-baked readings of your civil discussion about a person's physical appearance which you were not way off. You, sir, have been absolved of any responsibility. Go in peace.

• Haha