Edvin Ryding

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just think it’s funny how now everybody is also a language expert on here, and no one cares. He probably speaks English better than you do!

It’s a discussion. Not only that, it’s one where people aren’t yelling at each other. Leave it be and move on.

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do I have to be the person who brings up the elephant in the room? It's not (only) because of his accent. If he wants to be in American productions, he'll have to make some changes to his appearance to comply with the outrageous beauty standards expected of American actors. Especially young American actors.

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do I have to be the person who brings up the elephant in the room? It's not (only) because of his accent. If he wants to be in American productions, he'll have to make some changes to his appearance to comply with the outrageous beauty standards expected of American actors. Especially young American actors.
he'd have to go on acutane and get his teeth whitened. that's about it

Reactions: Caesarimp

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyway regardless, some international actors make it to Hollywood and others don't. If he happens to get the attention of a casting director and manages to get a breakout role, maybe it'll happen, and maybe not. It's not a reflection of his abilities as an actor necessarily, it's just a competitive industry and it doesn't happen for everyone.

Reactions: Enjay87

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You say that, but once again with the HS comparison, Joe has found massive success in America already and he was probably, objectively speaking the least classically beautiful member of the cast (next to the chubby bookworm with the odd shaped ears).
He has a monobrow, acne, a wide nose, jug ears, a prominent missing tooth, and a face shaped like the sole of a foot, yet he's landed a Disney TV show, multiple daytime TV interviews and a leading role in a Broadway musical.
And all you'll find in most discussions about him on here is people saying how beautiful he is.
So in comparison to that, I think Edvin will do just fine.
And I say objectively, because having met Joe, up close he is very attractive. Yet I see some pictures on line and think quite the opposite. Bit like Finn Wolfhard too, in some lights he looks like a model and in others he looks like Mr. Burns.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You say that, but once again with the HS comparison, Joe has found massive success in America already and he was probably, objectively speaking the least classically beautiful member of the cast (next to the chubby bookworm with the odd shaped ears).
He has a monobrow, acne, a wide nose, jug ears, a prominent missing tooth, and a face shaped like the sole of a foot, yet he's landed a Disney TV show, multiple daytime TV interviews and a leading role in a Broadway musical.
And all you'll find in most discussions about him on here is people saying how beautiful he is.
So in comparison to that, I think Edvin will do just fine.
And I say objectively, because having met Joe, up close he is very attractive. Yet I see some pictures on line and think quite the opposite. Bit like Finn Wolfhard too, in some lights he looks like a model and in others he looks like Mr. Burns.

Yes, that's true. Although Joe is playing a classic british street urchin in one of those roles, for which he is an easy fit, and the other we don't know much about yet. But you're right, there's no hurdle to Hollywood success that Edvin couldn't necessarily overcome, it's just a matter of opportunity.

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
he'd have to go on acutane and get his teeth whitened. that's about it
And braces. He would have to straighten his teeth too. That's one of the first things they tell people trying to break into American acting. Perfect - white teeth.

And more than just acutane. He needs some peels to get rid of the scarring.

All things he can change IF he wants to.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And braces. He would have to straighten his teeth too. That's one of the first things they tell people trying to break into American acting. Perfect - white teeth.

And more than just acutane. He needs some peels to get rid of the scarring.

All things he can change IF he wants to.

For reference, people can look back at Tom Holland before he landed the Spider-Man role

Reactions: lovemenwithcurls

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For reference, people can look back at Tom Holland before he landed the Spider-Man role

For those who might know who Gareth David-Lloyd is (Ianto from Doctor Who/Torchwood), he talked about how when he went for roles in America when he was super popular, they told him to lose 25 pounds and get veneers. He told them to 'fuck off' and never did it.

Bradley James (Merlin BBC) got a nose job.

And Joe Locke has gotten a bridge to fix the missing tooth.

Somethinggoodtonight

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For those who might know who Gareth David-Lloyd is (Ianto from Doctor Who/Torchwood), he talked about how when he went for roles in America when he was super popular, they told him to lose 25 pounds and get veneers. He told them to 'fuck off' and never did it.

Good for him

Reactions: lovemenwithcurls

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Some things seem, reasonable, others don’t. Joe getting his tooth fixed seems reasonable to me as you’re probably going to want a full set as an actor unless you’re only going out for character work. Bradley James did not need a nose job he was incredibly handsome before it too.

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Some things seem, reasonable, others don’t. Joe getting his tooth fixed seems reasonable to me as you’re probably going to want a full set as an actor unless you’re only going out for character work. Bradley James did not need a nose job he was incredibly handsome before it too.
100% agree. The nose work made him less attractive to me. I hate whomever made him feel that he had to do that! His real nose was so fucking sexy.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
100% agree. The nose work made him less attractive to me. I hate whomever made him feel that he had to do that! His real nose was so fucking sexy.

A lot of American actors have so much of their physical distinctiveness and character ironed out in order to fit Hollywood beauty standards that they become generic, which I think is part of why so many Brits and Australians are big in Hollywood now. They’re more memorable (and also have actual training, but that’s another story)

lovemenwithcurls

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A lot of American actors have so much of their physical distinctiveness and character ironed out in order to fit Hollywood beauty standards that they become generic, which I think is part of why so many Brits and Australians are big in Hollywood now. They’re more memorable (and also have actual training, but that’s another story)

Truth. There are a handful of American actresses on network TV that I can't tell apart—all the work they had done makes them look identical.

I really don't think an actor has to 'make it in Hollywood' to be successful. I'm sure Edvin will be very, very successful in Sweden. People compare him to the Skarsgards, but they're all Nepo kids. Sure, they're talented, but doors were already open for them. Personally, I think he should get English acting experience in UK productions first. It'll be an easier transition for him.

Waystar Royco

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

He still has the missing tooth. I don't think he's changed anything, and good for him that he hasn't.

Anyway regardless, some international actors make it to Hollywood and others don't. If he happens to get the attention of a casting director and manages to get a breakout role, maybe it'll happen, and maybe not. It's not a reflection of his abilities as an actor necessarily, it's just a competitive industry and it doesn't happen for everyone.

Agree with this. Edvin himself has said himself that he's still auditioning and trying to prove himself to casting directors. He's doing well in Sweden, regardless.