David archuleta

MidnightCityDreams

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What's David´s main income source? Cuz the fact he is doing that is giving money struggling.
He has 546K followers on insta, if just 0.1% (546) of those subscribe, thats already almost 5.5K p/month or 65.5K p/year only on subscriptions

BarebackOnly

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He has 546K followers on insta, if just 0.1% (546) of those subscribe, thats already almost 5.5K p/month or 65.5K p/year only on subscriptions

What I mean is that he's supposed to be a singer and an American Idol runner up to be seeking money out off Instagram. Like what is going on? Like.

skeldare

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What I mean is that he's supposed to be a singer and an American Idol runner up to be seeking money out off Instagram. Like what is going on? Like.
Lots of actors,singers and other types of celebs set up Instagram subscriptions.

ZkellZara

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My personal observation is that when people have a problem with things like this [celebrity making money off private Insta] or even so far as right-wing types being so deeply opposed to onlyfans content creators, a major source of the “it makes me uncomfortable” energy is the cognitive dissonance associated with perceiving the person, in this case David, as having accessed secret cheat codes to life that are not accessible to one’s self. It’s literally a “well that just feels unfair,” type of reaction because your internal idea of what a celebrity should do/be is disrupted by them accessing the secret super Mario tunnel you never knew about and skipping 10 [more] levels ahead… and you already gave away your old Nintendo, so you can’t be in on the secret.

Deeperskin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He’s not exactly at the Kelly Clarkson success level he’s gotta make money some how.

rakkasei

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
instagram subscriptions are no different than the vip communities that celebs would offer on their website a few years ago imo. you pay a fee to have access to "premium" content, the difference is that it's easier to manage since it's on instagram.

I'm sure David doesn't need that income, he probably makes decent money from music, tv appearances, performing gigs, etc, but he's not exactly an A-lister who makes millions every year and the entertainment industry is difficult to navigate, it's a good idea to try to make more now because you never know what your career will look like in 10, 20, 30 years.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My personal observation is that when people have a problem with things like this [celebrity making money off private Insta] or even so far as right-wing types being so deeply opposed to onlyfans content creators, a major source of the “it makes me uncomfortable” energy is the cognitive dissonance associated with perceiving the person, in this case David, as having accessed secret cheat codes to life that are not accessible to one’s self. It’s literally a “well that just feels unfair,” type of reaction because your internal idea of what a celebrity should do/be is disrupted by them accessing the secret super Mario tunnel you never knew about and skipping 10 [more] levels ahead… and you already gave away your old Nintendo, so you can’t be in on the secret.

I mean, in some cases you are right. In other cases, celebrities who don't need the extra income are monetizing interactions with their fans that have always been free, and it can be pretty exploitative. I don't count David among those, but I've certainly seen it happen.