Conan gray

phaedrun

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wonder what his type of guy is? He grew up in Texas.. is it country boys? But since he’s lived in LA for a few years is it now emo dudes.
Texas is more than just farming. He doesn't even have an accent so I'd guess he was pretty metropolitan. But geography has nothing to do with types. I'm from rural Minnesota and despise the camo and ungroomed nature of the men back home.

Reactions: redrocks3313

redrocks3313

Admired Member
Media
Texas is more than just farming. He doesn't even have an accent so I'd guess he was pretty metropolitan. But geography has nothing to do with types. I'm from rural Minnesota and despise the camo and ungroomed nature of the men back home.
I'd assume the accent is because he moved around a lot. But yeah, I'm not sure if he's ever said what his type is beyond personality. Keeps the illusion we could be with him going lol

twinkerbelled

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wonder what his type of guy is? He grew up in Texas.. is it country boys? But since he’s lived in LA for a few years is it now emo dudes.
My own speculation is I imagine he probably likes jock-ish types, and also can't forget pretty boys since Manu is literally the only guy I think we've ever seen really him openly thirsting over (relatable). I also think he'd appreciate and outdoors-y type of person since he himself seems like he enjoys the outdoors a lot.

Also recently at one of his shows he told everyone to listen to Crush by Ethel Cain. And it probably doesn't have any deeper meaning, but I was like do you like a bad boy type, Conan? A little bit? :joy:

redrocks3313

Admired Member
Media
My own speculation is I imagine he probably likes jock-ish types, and also can't forget pretty boys since Manu is literally the only guy I think we've ever seen really him openly thirsting over (relatable). I also think he'd appreciate and outdoors-y type of person since he himself seems like he enjoys the outdoors a lot.

Also recently at one of his shows he told everyone to listen to Crush by Ethel Cain. And it probably doesn't have any deeper meaning, but I was like do you like a bad boy type, Conan? A little bit? :joy:
Manu and Conan not flirting anymore was the end of an era. Makes me sad everyone thought they were dating, like two guys can't just appreciate each others' beauty nowadays.

And yeah Conan loves Ethel. If I recall correctly his biggest inspiration for Never Ending Song was Ethel's synthpop tracks. I wish we knew more about what artists he was listening to while he was making the album, but I'm sure we'll get more influences named when it releases.

phaedrun

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Manu and Conan not flirting anymore was the end of an era. Makes me sad everyone thought they were dating, like two guys can't just appreciate each others' beauty nowadays.

And yeah Conan loves Ethel. If I recall correctly his biggest inspiration for Never Ending Song was Ethel's synthpop tracks. I wish we knew more about what artists he was listening to while he was making the album, but I'm sure we'll get more influences named when it releases.
Depeche Mode and Nena for sure. I play 99 Red Balloons after Lonely Dancers every time.

Was also really happy to hear Alley Rose was indeed an Elton inspo. I love being right.

windarilwratharion

Loved Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I mean he grew up in a small ish town north of Austin by 30mins to an hour I went to high-school with him he made alot of his issues it seems a woe is me type looking back I think he was a big city soul in a small town he kept to him self alot and sorta had a like idk preppy energy about him a bit of a superiority he left our choir because he thought it beneath him he had mostly girl pals and one guy pal tried to complain of lack of lgbt stuff in our school when several of the populat folks were openly gay and our valedictorian was a super gay

Reactions: BrooklynVibes

twinkerbelled

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mean he grew up in a small ish town north of Austin by 30mins to an hour I went to high-school with him he made alot of his issues it seems a woe is me type looking back I think he was a big city soul in a small town he kept to him self alot and sorta had a like idk preppy energy about him a bit of a superiority he left our choir because he thought it beneath him he had mostly girl pals and one guy pal tried to complain of lack of lgbt stuff in our school when several of the populat folks were openly gay and our valedictorian was a super gay
That all makes a lot of sense yeah. I remember watching his vlogs regularly when I was younger because I definitely related to him a lot about the meant for a bigger place but stuck in a small town -- though genuinely Georgetown always seemed really nice (it's sort of a college town isn't it?), I did not grow up in such a nice place :skull: But I can understand being in a place to see & interact with people from more metropolitan places/lives and feel like the things around you come up short in your perspective. And I can see that being really fucking annoying to the people around him lmao. He said a lot back then that he spent most of his time creating things for his youtube channel (editing etc) and didn't go out, plus clearly introverted and only hangs out with the same group of people. He still seems like that even recently he said has a goal to actually get out more.

a bit of a superiority he left our choir because he thought it beneath him
We had a girl like that in my choir, but she wasn't even famous lmaoo it's always the sopranos or tenors smh :sob:

redrocks3313

Admired Member
Media
Yeah, he's definitely always been a dreamer. It warms my heart that he's finally able to achieve stuff beyond his wildest dreams and inspire so many people with his music, because I guarantee there's so many people that feel the same way he did. It almost feels like something out of a movie lol, he's very lucky

Reactions: twinkerbelled

phaedrun

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hated those bedazzled vests but I LOVVVVVE the crop tops and that tight-ass tank top. His body was made for form-fits. Also the Mortal Kombat-like leather number. He's just really FUN, ya know?

Also I think he kinda knows but doesn't get it???

redrocks3313

Admired Member
Media
I hated those bedazzled vests but I LOVVVVVE the crop tops and that tight-ass tank top. His body was made for form-fits. Also the Mortal Kombat-like leather number. He's just really FUN, ya know?

Also I think he kinda knows but doesn't get it???
I think he just puts on whatever his stylists want. Which I'll take cause he rarely has an all out BAD outfit, the only one I've really disliked in recent memory was the trash bag skirt he had for Spur Magazine.

They did him SO dirty it haunts me every day
FwnznIKagAIKy6f.jpg

Reactions: DanishDan

twinkerbelled

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think he just puts on whatever his stylists want. Which I'll take cause he rarely has an all out BAD outfit, the only one I've really disliked in recent memory was the trash bag skirt he had for Spur Magazine.

They did him SO dirty it haunts me every day
View attachment 126345841
It solely relies on the face card but I think he looks rly cute alice in wonderland-y in this pic. But I don't remember liking this photoshoot much beyond the cover and the pic where his hair was up those were very nice.

But fr his sylist (Katie Qian) never misses. I love her. You can tell they're friends, and definitely have a similar strong VISION for what they want to achieve which is lucky.