Attitude towards men's briefs & other smaller underwear

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
One of the reasons I'm admittedly smitten with Eddie Chipp, besides his HOT AF body and good looks ...
View attachment 127061241
... is his unusual status as a straight (yes he's married to his longtime GF) professional bodybuilder who's unafraid to be photographed off the pro stage in the skimpiest underwear, be it for advertising ...
View attachment 127061321
... or for his own amusement and that of his many gay admirers.
:yum
View attachment 127061841
Nope. I just can't get beyond how girls a pink jockstrap looks. Oh well... chacun à son goût.

swimbrief

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The discrepancy between men and women is ridiculous. I live in the UK, one guy was told off for wearing branded “budgie smugglers” which sure are pretty tight, yet there are girls/women of all kinds of sizes wearing g-strings with tie waists. To be clear this is a family pool I go to run by the local authority.
That's pretty outrageous. A speedo is ALWAYS legit swimwear in a public pool.

Kanashi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The discrepancy between men and women is ridiculous. I live in the UK, one guy was told off for wearing branded “budgie smugglers” which sure are pretty tight, yet there are girls/women of all kinds of sizes wearing g-strings with tie waists. To be clear this is a family pool I go to run by the local authority.
interesting. i always thought prudish behavior like this only happened in the u.s.

Reactions: Steevh

pacopolo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I found this funny review regarding 5 inch shorts:
“I ordered these for my son but was shocked when I saw how short they were in person.. I grew up when shorts were mid-shin length and although I don't like them that long anymore, shorts this short for men weren't cute in the 70s' and they shouldn't make a comeback...ever! Now as far as the actual product, I love them for myself and actually wear them a lot and plan to purchase more for myself. They are soft, breathable, and are soo comfortable. For the record, I'm a 5' 1", 33-year-old female and these shorts stop about mid-thigh on me..”

Contradictory, right? :p

Steevh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
“I ordered these for my son but was shocked when I saw how short they were in person.. I grew up when shorts were mid-shin length and although I don't like them that long anymore, shorts this short for men weren't cute in the 70s' and they shouldn't make a comeback...ever! Now as far as the actual product, I love them for myself and actually wear them a lot and plan to purchase more for myself. They are soft, breathable, and are soo comfortable. For the record, I'm a 5' 1", 33-year-old female and these shorts stop about mid-thigh on me..”

Comes back to my point about there being a double standard of this between men and women. 5” is hardly short though. Longer shorts are not practical for some sports.

swimbrief

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

So weird. What is it about men’s mid-upper thighs that women who (supposedly) find men attractive don’t get?!

2xistTrunks

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Comes back to my point about there being a double standard of this between men and women. 5” is hardly short though. Longer shorts are not practical for some sports.
5" is a totally reasonable length and still longer than a lot of women's shorts. If anything wearing shorts down past your knees should be the socially weird thing.

Reactions: pacopolo

mifflin

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sorry for being too honest but I have a question specifically for the white guys here. Being a guy who has travelled to quite a few countries in different continents, as a guy who briefs/bikini briefs sometimes, I have gotten many weird looks and received even many bad comments for wearing briefs but only from white guys (not from any others so far and i am friends with many ethnicity people). Some even argued with me that I must be gay to wear it so they got rude to me..others said as a man, i shouldn't wear briefs (no further discussion), some just gave me looks like i must have done something very wrong, some just stopped talking.. haha.. i can understand when someone is wearing something different, people make fun of, but here i am talking about serious arguments that i received and even people stopped talking to me.. and i am talking about locker room scenarios (not that i go out in public showing my briefs just to be clear). so, i am very interested in understanding from white guys here why briefs or other smaller underwears have gotten so much bad reputation. while i see women wearing bikinis/g strings very openly and not getting weird comments from them.. so, please help me understand the reasons behind it..
You are a little out of the norm and that bothers them.

Nick56

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
sorry for being too honest but I have a question specifically for the white guys here. Being a guy who has travelled to quite a few countries in different continents, as a guy who briefs/bikini briefs sometimes, I have gotten many weird looks and received even many bad comments for wearing briefs but only from white guys (not from any others so far and i am friends with many ethnicity people). Some even argued with me that I must be gay to wear it so they got rude to me..others said as a man, i shouldn't wear briefs (no further discussion), some just gave me looks like i must have done something very wrong, some just stopped talking.. haha.. i can understand when someone is wearing something different, people make fun of, but here i am talking about serious arguments that i received and even people stopped talking to me.. and i am talking about locker room scenarios (not that i go out in public showing my briefs just to be clear). so, i am very interested in understanding from white guys here why briefs or other smaller underwears have gotten so much bad reputation. while i see women wearing bikinis/g strings very openly and not getting weird comments from them.. so, please help me understand the reasons behind it..
Jealousy of your package maybe?

Freeballeruk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

That's got to be a wind up review hoping guys message her,

Arthur244

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
yes, there is double standard in some parts of the world, but not everywhere as I have been to some countries where both men and women are in full clothes at the beaches, i mean, atleast there's equality there among men n women.. haha

Steevh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yes, there is double standard in some parts of the world, but not everywhere as I have been to some countries where both men and women are in full clothes at the beaches, i mean, atleast there's equality there among men n women.. haha
Got a pic of my grandad at the beach… wearing a suit. It was a bit of a thing for him, he even painted the house, or washed the car in one:joy:

• Haha
Reactions: Kanashi

678wsb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Got a pic of my grandad at the beach… wearing a suit. It was a bit of a thing for him, he even painted the house, or washed the car in one:joy:
Did he ever not wear it?

Not sure why she freaked out. That's not even that short.

Adamslut

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I run and wear ‘normal’ 3 inch running shorts with side splits. I would say most runners use these or spandex ones that show exactly what’s underneath. It’s not a gay vs straight thing, just what’s practical. I've run in 5 inch shorts and they’re really uncomfortable.
That said I also like the unlined running style shorts from gay-oriented brands that are specifically made to look sexy and revealing (see pic) IMG_3104.jpeg

Reactions: pacopolo and Steevh