Ansel Elgort

Albertaboy88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I mean, Michael Mann did the Tokyo Vice pilot, nothing else. The show sells well internationally but it's not terribly popular in the US, it kind of came and went when people realized Mann wasn't super involved and the reviews were mid. It'll run a third year tops. It is not making Ansel a bigger TV/film name. His moment to be a star has pretty much passed IMO. But again, he's rich, he won't starve.
lol it sells well everywhere but the USA, and you’re acting like the show is a little nothing that nobody’s seen lol. The USA, believe it or not, isn’t the epicentre of the world lol

Reactions: patrickpenis

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
You said "His moment to be a star has pretty much passed IMO".
He has been "a star" for a long time and I don't see it stopping any time soon. Time will tell I guess.
As I said: He's starring on a streaming series almost no one in the States watches, will likely end soon and one where folks generally forgot it existed. He doesn't do big movies anymore following the West Side Story drama and its subsequent flop. His career is at a low ebb.

It's okay to find him hot and still acknowledge that. I find him hot. Doesn't mean he's a huge star whose career is on the rise, because rn it is not.

patrickpenis

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
As I said: He's starring on a streaming series almost no one in the States watches, will likely end soon and one where folks generally forgot it existed. He doesn't do big movies anymore following the West Side Story drama and its subsequent flop. His career is at a low ebb.
You need to stop being so focused on "The States" and for all we know he's working as much as he wants to. He spends half a year in Japan filming a show that is successful all over the world both streaming and on traditional TV. The only "west side story drama" the general public cared about about was one of the actresses not getting invited to the Oscars. He filmed an entire season of a show in 2023 when many actors ranging for Z to A-list didn't work at all due to the strikes.

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
You need to stop being so focused on "The States" and for all we know he's working as much as he wants to. He spends half a year in Japan filming a show that is successful all over the world both streaming and on traditional TV.
And likely still soon to be cancelled, as literally every TV journalist will tell you. Then what?

You and I both know being a star on a niche TV show that's reasonably popular in other parts of the world is not the same thing as being where he was before. For a while Ansel had The Fault in Our Stars, West Side Story, Baby Driver, etc. That was his moment. It has passed. His Hollywood career is lukewarm at best rn. There is no shame in admitting that. Just because he makes our dicks hard doesn't mean we have to pretend his career is what it was. It doesn't mean I am condemning Ansel Elgort or less of a fan by telling the truth.

Fable88

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For a while Ansel had The Fault in Our Stars, West Side Story, Baby Driver, etc. That was his moment. It has passed. His Hollywood career is lukewarm at best rn. There is no shame in admitting that.
He reminds me of Dylan O'Brien in that. Both of them had careers that were poised to take off like a rocket, only to have something derail them and send them wildly off course. In Dylan's case, it was the idiots at FOX nearly killing him in a botched stunt that required multiple surgeries and a full year off of doing anything at all just to recover from his injuries. But he's kept his head down, kept auditioning, and his career seems to be having a bit of a resurgence, with him landing a steady stream of indie roles and smaller TV projects. Not what it was, of course, but certainly not nothing.

In Ansel's case, he was derailed by something... a bit more awkward. But there's nothing to say that he can't have a similar resurgence if he puts his nose to the grindstone (and behaves).

Reactions: Elricb and qavak0

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
Agreed. Dylan's career is probably picking back up, between stuff like Ponyboi (where he's nude) and the ill-advised but high profile SNL 1975 movie coming up where he plays Dan Aykroyd with a bunch of other young hot stars who are mostly too young for their parts tbh lol. But it's a big gig.

Ansel's will be harder to rebuild. It's doable, but there's so many guys like him now coming up that I doubt it'll be so simple on top of the rest. Still, as I said months ago Ansel's family is rich, he'll be fine whatever happens to his career.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ansel comes from a wealthy family so he will be fine. It’s going to take some time for any real resurgence in Hollywood. He pissed off Spielberg with West Side Story and likely blames him for it flopping. He has to get back in the powers that be good graces before any talk about a resurgence of a career in the mainstream.

On the topic of Tokyo Vice. Yes, it sold well internationally in 2022, which will keep it a float for now. But when it comes to making money internationally for studios it can be a bit tricky. They usually partner with another entity for international distribution which means sharing profits, while in the US that’s not the case. For movies they only receive 20-40% of the international box office receipts.

So it can be a bit complicated with international, which is why success in the States and Canada will always be key. So yes US will be somewhat of the epicenter in most cases. However international can extend the life of a show depending on the financial arrangements.

qavak0

Worshipped Member
Media
West Side story didn't flop.
It absolutely did commercially. Spider-Man and other films wiped it out. It also failed to hit with awards as the studio had hoped.

The allegations about Ansel were out there well beforehand (which is why he was downplayed in marketing and promotion) and were not the major reasons it flopped IMO, but they didn't help.

Richard M S

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ansel comes from a wealthy family so he will be fine. It’s going to take some time for any real resurgence in Hollywood. He pissed off Spielberg with West Side Story and likely blames him for it flopping. He has to get back in the powers that be good graces before any talk about a resurgence of a career in the mainstream.

Not quite.

While Ansel's comfortable financially, as far as that wealthy family goes, his father's got magazine money, primarily earned decades ago. Not film or tech money. His 80-something year old father undoubtedly has, or will have eldercare issues and associated staff along with his diminishing Manhattan connections. Ansel also has an adult sister and an adult brother, both of whom have professions in the arts, neither with lots of credits.

As far as I can tell, there's no investment banking money or syndication money, along the lines of Julia Louise Dreyfuss, who has both.

I'd say Ansel's the one with money these days.

Reactions: Kizzo2002

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not quite.

While Ansel's comfortable financially, as far as that wealthy family goes, his father's got magazine money, primarily earned decades ago. Not film or tech money. His 80-something year old father undoubtedly has, or will have eldercare issues and associated staff along with his diminishing Manhattan connections. Ansel also has an adult sister and an adult brother, both of whom have professions in the arts, neither with lots of credits.

As far as I can tell, there's no investment banking money or syndication money, along the lines of Julia Louise Dreyfuss, who has both.

I'd say Ansel's the one with money these days.

Very interesting indeed. It seems you know the family quite well. What do you mean by diminishing Manhattan connections. Is it due to the father no longer being really active? Or his kids not taking up the mantle?

Richard M S

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Very interesting indeed. It seems you know the family quite well. What do you mean by diminishing Manhattan connections. Is it due to the father no longer being really active? Or his kids not taking up the mantle?

Oh I never said I know them directly, but I know people who do, and quite frankly that story is not too different from many, many others in NYC. The well-educated children very rarely live up to the achievements of the parent, whether they are in the arts or finance. Plus getting older in NYC requires a lot of money. For all of Gloria Vanderbilt's achievements, Anderson Cooper was supporting her in those last years of her life and she did not leave a huge estate.
Ansel's situation is a bit of a conundrum, because if he was box office, those rumors would not have stalled his career the way it has been stalled. The roles he might have been considered for now belong to Timothy Chalamet, Jeremy Allen White, etc.

Why do you think the homes and apartments of celebrities are listed almost immediately after the legacy breadwinner passes away. Everybody gets used to a certain lifestyle and working that 9-5 job seems out of the question because they are artistic and then they themselves are now in their Forties or Fifties.

The diminishing Manhattan connections are simply because of dementia, or death.

Reactions: Kizzo2002

califotoz

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Oh I never said I know them directly, but I know people who do, and quite frankly that story is not too different from many, many others in NYC. The well-educated children very rarely live up to the achievements of the parent, whether they are in the arts or finance. Plus getting older in NYC requires a lot of money. For all of Gloria Vanderbilt's achievements, Anderson Cooper was supporting her in those last years of her life and she did not leave a huge estate.
Ansel's situation is a bit of a conundrum, because if he was box office, those rumors would not have stalled his career the way it has been stalled. The roles he might have been considered for now belong to Timothy Chalamet, Jeremy Allen White, etc.

Why do you think the homes and apartments of celebrities are listed almost immediately after the legacy breadwinner passes away. Everybody gets used to a certain lifestyle and working that 9-5 job seems out of the question because they are artistic and then they themselves are now in their Forties or Fifties.

The diminishing Manhattan connections are simply because of dementia, or death.
And here i thought this was a site about pictures of hot guys and their dicks...silly me.