What's the best on Mac? ichat? Yahoo? aMSN?

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
iChat would give the best results if the person you connect with has iChat, fast machine and connection. iChat is also supposed to be able to connect with AIM/AOL users in Windowsland as well with voice and video. I have never tried it. Occasionally I have had fun with the new Yahoo chat client but it has no sound. MSN does neither in MacOS X.

I use Adium as my main chat client. I like it best because it will do all flavors of chat all at once. It is text only though. I don't find that a problem since I so rarely have a need for audio or video.

You might check out Skype. I seem to recall that it may do what you are looking for. I don know that you can call any phone inn the US or Canada for free until Jan 1st, '07.

bulgeguy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
iChat is of course great, but since we live in a Windows world it's not always easy to find other chatters. There is a new Yahoo Messenger for Mac 3.0 Beta; it's not as good as iChat but I find it far more reliable than the old Yahoo Messenger for Mac and the video is improved.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

yahoo: littlearm13@yahoo.com
iChat: camguy@mac.com

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I use Trillian, which is a spyware-free version of AIM. I believe you can also use it for ICQ, but I never use it for that.

They've some applications out there, though can't name any for you now, that cover AIM, YIM, and several other instant messaging programs simultaneously.

latin_male83

Experimental Member
Media
i have no problem with messangers, but its cams that usually i buy one and it doesnt work, i get frustrated and throw it away. what sucks is when i finally find one that works nobody wants to cam so i put it in the garage, after the next system update it doesnt work anymore! ... i need an isight..lol