What are your views on briefs/tighty whities

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
They are HOT!!
Men+In+White+Briefs,+Men+In+White+Pants,+Bulge,+Underpants,+Underwear,+Big+Bulge,++(21).jpg

OKCLane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Haven’t worn them in decades. Grew up in boxers. Chose bikini underwear when I was old enough to choose my own.
So long as they are cut more briefly, no pun intended, they can be sexy. For the most part they remind me of the Sears catalogue and a great grandfather.

Reactions: BillM

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wore boxer shorts most of my life.
At the recommendation of some friends, tried briefs (tighty whities) about 6 years ago and loved them. Have not looked back.
I still like to lounge around in boxer shorts but tighty whities are my go-to daily underwear.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wear them. I have tried other styles and types of underwear, but, always come back to traditional white briefs and jockstraps.

The weight of my equipment pulls on the waistband of my underwear, so much so that the waistband often fails after a few months. Because of that, I don't spend a lot on underwear anymore.

White briefs tend to be less expensive that other types of underwear. Why waste the cash?

Nick Briggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I prefer them, I've tried boxers back when I was in highschool for one day and one day only. Theres a lengthy story attached to why I hated them... the brief version / moral... If you're thicker and need "containment", don't go with boxers haha...

Standard underwear and Briefs will keep the package contained and where you want it so you never have to be that weirdo standing there grabbing your dick every 10 seconds to "adjust" or have that complaint of "they're sticking to... (Insert body part) cause they're sweaty" etc. Keeps them contained and a good fresh pair should be at least comfortably sweet wicking.

And if you're an athletic person... again... the goal is "support". Not to have them jingling around and flopping around.

If you wanna show off your size fine, go with boxers because they hide nothing. But if you're a true LPSG'er and you've got size, thickness, or both, you need that little bit containment to hide that monster. Or if you want that little bit of help hiding that spontaneous boner, standard underwear or briefs with their containment is the way to go.

Overall I hate boxers...

Standard Underwear and Briefs... contain the package, sweat wicking, no need to adjust, athlete approved, keeps the boys where they belong. ^_~

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I wear any underwear I wear white briefs. I have tried other styles over the years but always return to briefs. Boxers and boxer briefs for me lack support and bunch up on me therefore are not to my liking. I grew up wearing white briefs as they were then thought of as young man's underwear and boxers were old man under wear. In most of my youth underwear was only sold in white.

mtr1102

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a few pairs of almost every style of men's underwear out there, but the vast majority (like 95% or so) is made up of briefs in nearly every color out there available. I like most cuts and styles, but generally wear a mid rise or low rise type most often. The tiniest little bikini briefs are hot, and I will totally rock those any day without hesitation, but they don't hold my junk in very well (esp when hard) and they tend to compress things a bit too much for everyday wear. On the other end of the spectrum, the giant full rise type is just too much fabric, although it too can be sexy in a way. It is mostly just that feeling of fabric overload that having your underwear rise up higher than your navel, and too much bunching of fabric is not comfortable in my opinion. That is why I don't wear boxer briefs, only in this case its all the fabric up around my stomach area vs around my thighs when wearing boxer briefs. I guess I am not used to it because of my age and having been brought up wearing briefs of my era; the standard brief being more of a mid-rise style during this time period in America. Also, the full-rise style can remind me of an elderly man, and this is especially so if they are white. (I said elderly, not older/old/senior/etc. I mean elderly like frail, nearing end of life type of elderly)

Speaking of white briefs, I really do not get the obsession with only having white in your underwear collection. Seems a bit bland and boring to be honest. Sorry white brief fans out there, but I will stick with colors/stripes/prints/patterns anyday. I think I have maybe one pair of white FTL briefs in among the pairs I wear currently, and I don't think I have even put them on once since buying them. They came in a pack that had colors that I was buying them for, and the white pair was a straggler/stowaway that was merely part of the deal and was piggybacking along with its more lively, colored sibling pairs right into my underwear drawer, where it has sat almost untouched to this day. White is just too plain and not exciting or interesting to me at all. I like my underwear to have some life to it, and the color that I choose to wear has the effect of setting my intention for the day and seems to produce an effect on my mood and outlook that sticks with me until I shower and change into the next colored pair, which then has its own effect. Try it out sometime, and you will see what I mean.

Reactions: doopswim12
D

deleted356166

I prefer briefs with a working fly and loving the C-In2 bi-fly briefs. Trunks with a working fly and a short inseam is my second preference (I’m a short guy). There are many brands and styles to choose from, but the standard Hanes, FOTLM, Jockey brands often do have the “old man” stigma...plus they remind everyone of K-Mart and Walmart, and that’s not always sexually appealing. Lol

Short guys hate boxer briefs because they practically go down to their knees.

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When I went to JC Penney a couple of months ago I saw that the underwear display was mostly white briefs, and in smaller waist sizes like 30 and 32. I figured that this was for the college guys to stock up when they were home for the summer. I had heard from some of the college guys that I know that white briefs are coming back in style at this age group.

Tonight I was doing some online shopping and came across this review which verified what I had assumed was true:

"My son likes pricey boxer shorts but he just started college and the budget doesn't allow for that. He needed a large supply of shorts and undershirts that he could wash easily and that would last for a while. I bought him four 7-packs of these white briefs and the matching undershirts.. He complained at first that he didn't like "tighty whities" but once he tried on these briefs he loved the comfort and support. Now he's a full-time white briefs guy and he likes the fact that he can go a month without doing laundry!"

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
They are HOT!!
Men+In+White+Briefs,+Men+In+White+Pants,+Bulge,+Underpants,+Underwear,+Big+Bulge,++(21).jpg
These are briefs but NOT tighty whities. The latter refers to plain inexpensive, modest white briefs which some of us (and our fathers before us) wore all thru hs and college until boxers took over in the late 80's. Here's an explanation of what tighty whities are from mlssingleguy on a diff forum:
I always understood "tighty whites" as shorthand to refer to inexpensive plain white briefs that are full cut (or mid cut) and include a fly on the front. The ones normally sold in multi packs in discount stores: kmart, Walmart and Target. And as the name implies, WHITE is the color of choice, rather than gray or black.

Boxer briefs, trunks, and micro briefs would be different styles, so they are not included. They are awesome in their own right. Black briefs with a traditional waistband look awesome too, but they are a different flavor.

Fashion brands of the same (Calvin, Jockey, 2xiat, Polo etc) speak of choosing style- but dont quite send the same message as a guy who forgoes fashion for simple blue collar utility. And there is a reason why blue collar guys like them: they are cheap, can be trashed and quickly replaced, and they may imply "work clothes" for a man of action not afraid to get dirty all the way to their shorts if necessary.

Some folks who have a fetish for this style have rescued the pejorative term and use it to quickly describe what they wear, or like to see on others. Its like asking for a 'coke' from a waitress, then specifying Diet Pepsi.

But thats just me. I used to hate them growing up, but its great to have them in the drawer when my agenda or mood wants to gear up that way.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I grew up in briefs. Started off in Jockettes as a young bloke and I’m never comfortable in anything else. Graduated from wearing pyjamas to wearing jocks to bed at about the same time- it was like becoming a man, a right of passage.
Yup! Jocks are a rite (not "right") or passage. I wish they were worldwide.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear them. I have tried other styles and types of underwear, but, always come back to traditional white briefs and jockstraps.

The weight of my equipment pulls on the waistband of my underwear, so much so that the waistband often fails after a few months. Because of that, I don't spend a lot on underwear anymore.

White briefs tend to be less expensive that other types of underwear. Why waste the cash?
It's not a waste if you think the briefs are hot. I have bought a lot of 2xist pouch briefs because they're better than others.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I wear any underwear I wear white briefs. I have tried other styles over the years but always return to briefs. Boxers and boxer briefs for me lack support and bunch up on me therefore are not to my liking. I grew up wearing white briefs as they were then thought of as young man's underwear and boxers were old man under wear. In most of my youth underwear was only sold in white.
Exactly! How did boxers, which, as you say, were old man underwear, become the choice of the younger generation in the 90's? What happened??

Reactions: Justindethyme

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I went to JC Penney a couple of months ago I saw that the underwear display was mostly white briefs, and in smaller waist sizes like 30 and 32. I figured that this was for the college guys to stock up when they were home for the summer. I had heard from some of the college guys that I know that white briefs are coming back in style at this age group.

Tonight I was doing some online shopping and came across this review which verified what I had assumed was true:

"My son likes pricey boxer shorts but he just started college and the budget doesn't allow for that. He needed a large supply of shorts and undershirts that he could wash easily and that would last for a while. I bought him four 7-packs of these white briefs and the matching undershirts.. He complained at first that he didn't like "tighty whities" but once he tried on these briefs he loved the comfort and support. Now he's a full-time white briefs guy and he likes the fact that he can go a month without doing laundry!"
I was recently at an Ivy League University bookstore and their underwear section did include boxers (as I expected; I think that's the underwear of choice of guys who want to lounge around the dorm in their underwear) but surprisingly, they had a large display of classic FULL-CUT white Jockey briefs; the kind my dad wore (and I did too). I figured no college dude would buy them unless in an extreme emergency.

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Exactly! How did boxers, which, as you say, were old man underwear, become the choice of the younger generation in the 90's? What happened??
Someone came out with a study that said that tight underwear was the cause of low sperm viability because of the balls being kept to warm by the underwear. So all the young studs said I better let my nuts have some cooler air to up my sperm viability. Therefore almost over night the younger generation switched to boxers. At the same time false modesty became the rage and boxers did not show as much as briefs did when lounging in your underwear.

Reactions: 51arledge