kukuruyuk

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I wish we could see him with hairstyles like this one:

View attachment 126518081

Shorter hair with bangs is such a great look on him :heart_eyes:

He gives off some young Al Pacino, Stallone and De Niro vibes with the sideburns as well!
Right I miss his ACD hair its so cute imo :sob:

Raggedy_andy

Sexy Member
Media
I asked if he was working with Ash on the night he showed up with him, I don't think Taylor himself was the invited guest (no offence, I love him, but invites are hard to get and it made more sense to me that he was Ash's plus one)

We'll see, hopefully soon, hope this move gives him something at least. It's very nearly 2 years since he filmed something and that seems almost impossible, especially with how much attention has been on him since RWRB, for nothing to be coming from that seems crazy
He was the one The Academy posted on their social media and not Ash so I don’t think that is true.

LeoBas

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yeah, but, he has that pretty face, they're gonna post it!
I was about to reply something like this.

Maybe they did invite him but even if they didn’t, it would be dumb of them not to post about him. He was one of the most talked about celebrities that night without him being a nominee, winner, or promoting a project.

WTFamihere

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was about to reply something like this.

Maybe they did invite him but even if they didn’t, it would be dumb of them not to post about him. He was one of the most talked about celebrities that night without him being a nominee, winner, or promoting a project.
Exactly, he's hot and especially people on social media, he gets a lot fo SM traction, so obviously they're gonna post him!

I don't think people realise that even some A listers you see there are there as guests too and are not always personally invited. I remember the other year there were a lot of stories about it because even thought she had starred in West Side Story, Rachel Zegler wasn't even invited to go by the academy. The film was up for awards and she was the leading lady, but she wasn't invited to go.

RguezJpi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
At first I thought that studio like Amazon prime or Netflix invited him. But in one of the Taylor s story. He specifically thanked Jimmy kemmel with the envelop that looked like the invitation from academy itself ( I don’t know how Oscar invitation work but seems weird that he thanks the host if the invitation wasn’t from the academy itself )
Also, since the Oscar museum award in 2023 year end, the academy account has followed Taylor’s ig and liked Taylor’s posts. ( the academy account doesn’t follow most celebrities who attended Oscar museum awards)
I think there might be possibility that the academy invited him.
View attachment 126469441

We never know why he didn’t pick up anything after Rwrb. Might be personal reasons or might be him focusing on other aspects of his business. And thinking about current it boys in mainstream media are all white guys. We just need to be patient bc it’s more difficult for POC actors to get the recognition they deserve.
after this Taylor should join officially to the academy on the event that they do on january for new members, that way he could be host, attending more events of high profile, present something in this kind of awards not only being invited, but this man's future looks so promissing and can't wait for whatever he's doing, i'm excited for him

Jasonaau

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah, but, he has that pretty face, they're gonna post it!
That’s not how social media acct for these big academic award works. Pretty face can get you far but not that far. Especially for less known actor like Taylor. Like he got his own post while others are all Oscar nominees or winners. Fans joked abt it but feel like something going on behind the scenes

WTFamihere

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That’s not how social media acct for these big academic award works. Pretty face can get you far but not that far. Especially for less known actor like Taylor. Like he got his own post while others are all Oscar nominees or winners. Fans joked abt it but feel like something going on behind the scenes
Well, you've kinda just said it here, because like you said even nominees didn't get their own post, and clearly he's not worth more to the academy than the winners/nominees, so I'm not sure what more it could be but SM traffic

Reactions: Nana68

Janey1

Expert Member
Media
But why are we trying so hard to convince ourselves that Taylor was just a plus-one and not an actual invitee? From every indication, he was most definitely invited by the Academy, so I don’t understand the continuous effort to downplay his presence to just some “eye candy”. It’s giving weird. ‍♀️

Nana68

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But why are we trying so hard to convince ourselves that Taylor was just a plus-one and not an actual invitee? From every indication, he was most definitely invited by the Academy, so I don’t understand the continuous effort to downplay his presence to just some “eye candy”. It’s giving weird. ‍♀️
Even if he was invited, which seems likely, what would be the point right now except eye candy and a social media boost for them? I am not bashing Taylor; at the same time, he has not yet done any work that would demand the attention of significant awards shows enough to invite him as a respected actor.

Reactions: WTFamihere

94_h

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Even if he was invited, which seems likely, what would be the point right now except eye candy and a social media boost for them? I am not bashing Taylor; at the same time, he has not yet done any work that would demand the attention of significant awards shows enough to invite him as a respected actor.
I provided some insight to those things you are all mentioning in a previous post already.

You don't get invited to the Oscars for your social reach or because you're popular online or because you're hot, lol, but if people want to believe that, go ahead I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.