Rick cosnett

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
he's in appletv's palm royale. he plays a detective. ricky martin seems to be playing a closeted veteran. i'm going to guess rick's character is also gay and the 2 are gonna hook up or get together somehow

MrHobbs

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
he's in appletv's palm royale. he plays a detective. ricky martin seems to be playing a closeted veteran. i'm going to guess rick's character is also gay and the 2 are gonna hook up or get together somehow

Ted Lasso aside, Apple shows don't seem to generate much chatter, do they?

I hope Rick and Ricky's characters get some sexy scenes together.

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ted Lasso aside, Apple shows don't seem to generate much chatter, do they?

I hope Rick and Ricky's characters get some sexy scenes together.
they don't. and tbh ted lasso is imo the least interesting of their shows. loot is a hoot. severance is fucking amazing. and palm roayle is pretty fucking fun too. but ted lasso gets all the attention.
and apple doesn't bother promoting any of their shows either. every single appletv show i've watched was because i found it through someone else. never because there was any press for it

Reactions: Nathan Lane

MrHobbs

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
they don't. and tbh ted lasso is imo the least interesting of their shows. loot is a hoot. severance is fucking amazing. and palm roayle is pretty fucking fun too. but ted lasso gets all the attention.
and apple doesn't bother promoting any of their shows either. every single appletv show i've watched was because i found it through someone else. never because there was any press for it

No wonder no one talks about them, lol.

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The show is fun. It's a dramedy. I knew these 2 would end up hooking up. Hated how the show ended tho
literally everyone i know talks about Apple TV shows. This is the second time i've seen a comment like this in here. This is weird to me.
Aside from ted lasso i never hear anyone talk about the apple tv shows

Nathan Lane

Superior Member
Media
That's because Apple does ZERO marketing or promotion for any of their tv shows (except for The Morning Show maybe - but that also I assume because it has Reese and Jennifer in it so I'm sure they're contractually obligated to promote it on billboards and even Time's Square for example)

But yeah, many people don't even consider getting an Apple TV subscription cos no one knows what's even on there cos unless you really search for a show, there's zero marketing or promotion for the content that's on there.

Reactions: MrHobbs

undercurrent

Admired Member
Media
That's because Apple does ZERO marketing or promotion for any of their tv shows (except for The Morning Show maybe - but that also I assume because it has Reese and Jennifer in it so I'm sure they're contractually obligated to promote it on billboards and even Time's Square for example)

But yeah, many people don't even consider getting an Apple TV subscription cos no one knows what's even on there cos unless you really search for a show, there's zero marketing or promotion for the content that's on there.
Yeah, like MrHobbs said, different experiences. They certainly advertise apple here in Australia. You can't get away from it. I can't speak for anyone else but these are polar opposite experiences by the sounds of it.

FooGee87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

They're everywhere here. "Ted Lasso," "Monarch: Legacy of Monsters," "Masters of the Air," "Severance," "Silo," etc. all get big promo pushes - "Slow Horses" deserves more.

undercurrent

Admired Member
Media
Yeah, so many great shows and all rating super high (mostly in the 80% - 100% range on Rotten tomatoes) so I don't really get this 'they don't advertise' thing and 'no one talking about them' because you can't get away from them here. There's literally a pop up interactive experience in the malls here in Australia right now for the new show Dark Matter. Anyway, Palm Royale isn't great imo but at least it's giving us some Rick action albeit very brief.

MrHobbs

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Thank you. I wasn't trying to be snarky but it's my own experience that AppleTV shows just don't seem to drive interest in the way other streaming shows do.

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i'm guessing it might be very location based because i've never seen a single ad for appletv.
instagram and tik tok would be the only places where i'd see online ads for it, and i don't see them. and i've never seen one out in the wild, like a billboard or in a mall.
and i've seen plenty of other people complain about this online, that apple doesn't advertise any of their shows, and so people never hear about them. with ted lasso being the exception because it became wildly popular.
as for a more on topic note. i hope if there's a season 2 and rick's in it, he does something gayer. his character is closeted and has a wife because he wants to be "normal" and literally got a promotion from selling out his own people. but if he is in s2, maybe the events of the finale will make him reconsider things and realize life is too short to be living a lie and he'll gay it up