Oliver stark

Caliops

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What kind of people do y’all follow? I’ve yet to see any hate towards them on my timeline or tumblr dashboard. So far the only negative thing I’ve seen is people defending Ryan from hateful shit being said about him specially after that Lou interview that somehow turned into “Buddie not happening because of Ryan” which is absolute BS in my opinion.

With that said, I wish people would realize how easy it is to just keep on scrolling if there something you don’t like and that there’s actual people behind a page or blog that have feelings that can be hurt with the hateful shit they send.

It's mostly on Twitter and some girls on TikTok. It's that very old story of a loud minority making themselves seem bigger than they actually are.

Caliops

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do think in Buddie's case specifically it gets a bit more intense because, between all those network TV gay ships that have been popular in fandom spaces, Buddie is the only one where there seems to be a tangible chance of it actually happening. We now know that if Fox hadn't interfered, we would've had Bi Buck and possible Buddie feelings realisation way back in Season 5.
Now that Tim is back and they immediately confirmed Bi Buck, expectations for the ship are in the skies. I just hope Tim comes through.

Caliops

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow at this rate I’d be surprised if Buddie doesn’t start by the end of the season.

https://x.com/bluegreytan/status/1783671537729466721?s=46&t=711Iyzg_-KXkebTZTPQTow

Yeah, Oliver has made it very clear that he is on board with the pairing, specially in this season's promo cycle where he doesn't seem to shut up about it lmao
I honestly hope he tones down a bit, because if the worst happens the fandom will never shut up accusing him of queerbaiting.

He was already accused of it before wich made him leave Twitter in 2021, but now we know it was because he thought Bi Buck would happen but Fox blocked it. Now with them hinting at Buddie in almost all interviews, if it does not happen the queerbaiting accusations will be more than justified.

Jockstraps4life

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, Oliver has made it very clear that he is on board with the pairing, specially in this season's promo cycle where he doesn't seem to shut up about it lmao
I honestly hope he tones down a bit, because if the worst happens the fandom will never shut up accusing him of queerbaiting.

He was already accused of it before wich made him leave Twitter in 2021, but now we know it was because he thought Bi Buck would happen but Fox blocked it. Now with them hinting at Buddie in almost all interviews, if it does not happen the queerbaiting accusations will be more than justified.
I just hope we get a moment where Buck and Eddie have a emotional moment and kiss. So Hennie can be there for them to help them figure out themselves.

final81

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly, I can't see Buddie happening this season. The show is not doing back to back coming out stories, first Buck then Eddie. It's like doing a cruise ship disaster story for Maddie and Chim's honeymoon after they did it for Bobby and Athena. And it's a shorter season, only 10 episodes.

For next season, it depends on who the showrunner is, we don't know if Tim is staying on or going back to Lone Star.

shdjdjrntbdn

Loved Member
Media
i would be very surprised if tim didn’t stay as the showrunner for next season, it’s pretty clear he didn’t like a lot of the decisions made during the two seasons he was away

and it’s been speculated part of why he left to do lone star in the first place is because of FOX shutting down any potential queer storylines for buck and eddie (which has been confirmed now) so lone star was their way of letting him have one

Jockstraps4life

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i would be very surprised if tim didn’t stay as the showrunner for next season, it’s pretty clear he didn’t like a lot of the decisions made during the two seasons he was away

and it’s been speculated part of why he left to do lone star in the first place is because of FOX shutting down any potential queer storylines for buck and eddie (which has been confirmed now) so lone star was their way of letting him have one
I recently watched the first episode of lone star... didn't expect a sex scene lol.

Caliops

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly, I can't see Buddie happening this season. The show is not doing back to back coming out stories, first Buck then Eddie. It's like doing a cruise ship disaster story for Maddie and Chim's honeymoon after they did it for Bobby and Athena. And it's a shorter season, only 10 episodes.

For next season, it depends on who the showrunner is, we don't know if Tim is staying on or going back to Lone Star.

Same. My ideal timeline would be Eddie breaking up with Marisol by the end of this season and admiting that he needs to work on himself before attempting another relationship.
Then in Season 8 he slowly starts figuring himself out. Parallel to that, Buck and Tommy end things amicably and Tommy makes a comment that makes Buck start questioning his feelings for Eddie. Season 8 ends with feelings realisation and Season 9 develops the proper relationship.

I don't think Tim will leave the show anymore. ABC seems to give him more freedom, and there's a strong chance Lone Star will be cancelled.

Justin Brookes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Same. My ideal timeline would be Eddie breaking up with Marisol by the end of this season and admiting that he needs to work on himself before attempting another relationship.
Then in Season 8 he slowly starts figuring himself out. Parallel to that, Buck and Tommy end things amicably and Tommy makes a comment that makes Buck start questioning his feelings for Eddie. Season 8 ends with feelings realisation and Season 9 develops the proper relationship.

I don't think Tim will leave the show anymore. ABC seems to give him more freedom, and there's a strong chance Lone Star will be cancelled.

I like that, I don't want them to make Tommy a bad guy to justify the break up.

Bluebailey

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

As long as Buddie is the endgame that we will get, I am willing to wait for it.

Reactions: Caliops

As_tas

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Tim's definitely staying on OG unless unexpectedly grave things happened.

Source: Trust me.

• Haha
Reactions: Eli Hale

deek62

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual

Just because he says he’s up for it doesn’t mean he said its going to happen he also said he doesn’t know what’s going to happen with Eddie he also said you have to be careful with the story as he didn’t want to be guy comes out and all friends think he has a crush on them

That may refer to an Eddie kissing Buck for the wrong reasons (mistakenly believing he likes him) something that could cause issues between the two

Also I’ve said it before fans might want to be careful what they wish for as if they get together it might not go so smoothly as there also Christopher to think of not only would he have to deal with/ understand his dad coming out but also dating the guy he considers another father figure this could be confusing and cause him to act out also while Eddie might like Buck’s input as his friend he might not like it as his co parent

I also mention about issues dating is never easy and who’s to say it could go smoothly

Buddie might be a pro for fans but there are a lot of cons that could come with it