Novak Djokovic

LevineG

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It is kind of following the Serena trajectory.

And what I mean is that Serena made a decision that she was only going to play the top tournaments and not worry about match time but it cost her dearly.

She would have great runs and then not get the title or she would be out at the start of the tournament.
Yeah but to be fair Serena had luxury of doing that because wta tour was at one of its all time lows :joy:

after he slaughtered Nadal in the Aussie finals that year- he lost in his first round of both Indian Wells and Miami- Novak has always had fluctuations, the question is, is it about the age/being past it this time or will he bounce back- we'll find out at the French/Wimbledon.
I think he is definitely past his time. I mean all 3 defeats were quite embarrassing. And he hasn't played a good much this whole year. He said himself how hard is for him to adjust to clay last few seasons, and if he still hasn't even adjusted to hard courts, there is no hope for clay season.

Like I said, defeat is not the problem, it happens, but not to out of top 100 lucky loser. That's just unacceptable for #1.

Reactions: Oskarek

DvdHbsn

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah but to be fair Serena had luxury of doing that because wta tour was at one of its all time lows :joy:

I think he is definitely past his time. I mean all 3 defeats were quite embarrassing. And he hasn't played a good much this whole year. He said himself how hard is for him to adjust to clay last few seasons, and if he still hasn't even adjusted to hard courts, there is no hope for clay season.

Like I said, defeat is not the problem, it happens, but not to out of top 100 lucky loser. That's just unacceptable for #1.
3 defeats... Martina suffered 5 big defeats in 1985 after dominating 82,83, 84- then went on a 50+ win streak and won 2 of the 3 slams the next year (the Aussie wasn't held in 86), undefeated from Wimbledon through year end championships... we all know Novak can throw a switch and no one can touch him- it (his demise) has to happen before I'll say it's going to. And you are so right about Serena- the WTA was in free fall then- you had a better chance of throwing a dart at the draw than choosing a winner on stats.