Michael Cimino (actor)

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I think it's notable that at Pride '22 he was going to parades, dancing with his shirt off, etc. None of these things were framed as promotional work for Love, Victor, he wasn't on the Love, Victor Float or whatever, it was framed as genuine, not promotional, behavior for him. Then for Pride 2023 he could not be assed to post a quick "Happy Pride" message. Not a spare thought for the community that supported him and who he had previously said he'd supported.

Doesn't mean he's some kind of weird gay-hater or whatever but I definitely feel like all his "ally" stuff from the time the show was on the air was more promotion and less genuine warmth then he/his team/his show's team wanted us to believe.

That was '22, same time the show's final season was premiering. Crickets in '23.

Lol IMG_4138.jpeg

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
As far as I'm concerned the less performative "allyship" the better, as long as you have basic respect for lgbt/queer people I'm good. I don't think people need ya'll heteros constantly prattling on about the "queer community" for virtue points. Be real and just don't be a dick and/or hypocrite tbh.

Michael seems like a genuine person so far in my estimation.

Gaym3r1T

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As far as I'm concerned the less performative "allyship" the better, as long as you have basic respect for lgbt/queer people I'm good. I don't think people need ya'll heteros constantly prattling on about the "queer community" for virtue points. Be real and just don't be a dick and/or hypocrite tbh.

Michael seems like a genuine person so far in my estimation.
THIS

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some people on here like to make stuff up and talk shit about people.

Michael is clearly an ally of the LGBT community - he doesn't need to "prove his allyship" by attending x number of events, or making z number of statements.
i didn't say he wasn't an ally. i simply said he's doing the same thing basically every straight actor playing a gay character has done, which is not be as vocal about their support like they used to be during the time they were playing that character. which in part is also to avoid it hurting their career. being too vocal about gay rights is gonna lead to assumptions which can lead to not getting cast for roles

Funtimes2023

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i didn't say he wasn't an ally. i simply said he's doing the same thing basically every straight actor playing a gay character has done, which is not be as vocal about their support like they used to be during the time they were playing that character. which in part is also to avoid it hurting their career. being too vocal about gay rights is gonna lead to assumptions which can lead to not getting cast for roles

And what's the right amount of vocalisation that would satisfy your expectations for a straight guy that played a gay character?

It's utter nonsense, because I can guarantee that there are actual members of the LGBT community that have been less vocal on support for LGBT issues compared to some straight allys... and then, arguably worse, there are some LGBT people that actively support/promote issues that harm others within the community...

There are plenty of real issues that are actively harming LGBT people - Michael and other Allys not posting/tweeting about it enough isn't one of them.

benson19

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight