monstermilo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

letmewatch

Superior Member
Media
I wouldn’t say provide but definitely gave him a nice cushion. I also believe one or both of parents are attorneys and damn good ones at that because he grew up in one of the best areas in NYC
Both are lawyers but they weren’t particularly wealthy, more like upper middle class, and they’re retired and living on Long Island now. And while they did grow up on the Upper East Side no one in the family lives in NYC anymore, even his sister Alex who is much more successful than him.

On his wife’s side her father is a small time Russian businessman and her mother is also a lawyer but that entire side of the family lives in Ohio and also isn’t particularly well off.

During the height of Shadowhunters Matt and his wife moved into a decent enough building on the UES (they were living in a dump downtown before) but then the show got canceled and the money dried up. Then his wife got pregnant and they moved to Ohio so she could be around her family and they could help with raising the kid.

I’ve lost track of them since then (because I am still in Manhattan) but the man does half a dozen Shadowhunter fan conventions every year at around $15,000 a pop to make ends meet in between acting gigs so that tells you everything you need to know about his situation. I don’t think anyone is supporting them or he wouldn’t be doing that.

Wife tried to do the IG influencer thing and when that failed started some kind of small business but that didn’t go anywhere either and she’s ever had any real job. I always got the feeling that his family never really approved of her although she’s a nice enough girl, if a bit vapid. So they definitely aren’t footing the bill for anything.

All in all he really could have done a lot more with his life but I don’t think he was ever motivated enough to pull it off. Even the acting thing was a complete fluke only because his sister introduced him to people in the industry after her acting career took off. He literally stumbled into acting.

monstermilo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Both are lawyers but they weren’t particularly wealthy, more like upper middle class, and they’re retired and living on Long Island now. And while they did grow up on the Upper East Side no one in the family lives in NYC anymore, even his sister Alex who is much more successful than him.

On his wife’s side her father is a small time Russian businessman and her mother is also a lawyer but that entire side of the family lives in Ohio and also isn’t particularly well off.

During the height of Shadowhunters Matt and his wife moved into a decent enough building on the UES (they were living in a dump downtown before) but then the show got canceled and the money dried up. Then his wife got pregnant and they moved to Ohio so she could be around her family and they could help with raising the kid.

I’ve lost track of them since then (because I am still in Manhattan) but the man does half a dozen Shadowhunter fan conventions every year at around $15,000 a pop to make ends meet in between acting gigs so that tells you everything you need to know about his situation. I don’t think anyone is supporting them or he wouldn’t be doing that.

Wife tried to do the IG influencer thing and when that failed started some kind of small business but that didn’t go anywhere either and she’s ever had any real job. I always got the feeling that his family never really approved of her although she’s a nice enough girl, if a bit vapid. So they definitely aren’t footing the bill for anything.

All in all he really could have done a lot more with his life but I don’t think he was ever motivated enough to pull it off. Even the acting thing was a complete fluke only because his sister introduced him to people in the industry after her acting career took off. He literally stumbled into acting.
damn how do u know all this tea???

how did he end up with esther? he seems out of her league on every level

Reactions: Sethxxx

RocDaBoat

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That might change now with her new clothing line and baby number two. We'll see if she sticks to it this time :D
Maybe, personally his acting comes off more natural than Alexandra’s even though she’s clearly more passionate. Matthew could scoop roles easily. Maybe movies are just to pass time until he finds another series that he could start in.

letmewatch

Superior Member
Media
damn how do u know all this tea???

how did he end up with esther? he seems out of her league on every level
I knew them when they lived in Manhattan.

His other sister introduced them. If I remember correctly the two of them went to college together in Upstate New York. Again, completely by accident. It’s a theme with him. :joy:

JonTyler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I knew them when they lived in Manhattan.

His other sister introduced them. If I remember correctly the two of them went to college together in Upstate New York. Again, completely by accident. It’s a theme with him. :joy:
thanks for all the info mate, can you tell us more about him ? his personality ?

letmewatch

Superior Member
Media
thanks for all the info mate, can you tell us more about him ? his personality ?
He’s kind, a little dorky with a weird sense of humor but he’s fun to be around. Smart but not in a bookish sort of way, you know, just the kind that knows random facts about all sorts of things. A bit of an amateur photographer and absolutely loves animals. Like the type of person who would go on vacation somewhere and take pictures of the stray cats rather than the landmarks, lol.

Physically, he’s obviously very attractive. Clearly I don’t need to say much about that, haha. But he’s naturally athletic and likes to play sports and run/hike rather than hit the gym every day. And of course has insane genes.

monstermilo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He’s kind, a little dorky with a weird sense of humor but he’s fun to be around. Smart but not in a bookish sort of way, you know, just the kind that knows random facts about all sorts of things. A bit of an amateur photographer and absolutely loves animals. Like the type of person who would go on vacation somewhere and take pictures of the stray cats rather than the landmarks, lol.

Physically, he’s obviously very attractive. Clearly I don’t need to say much about that, haha. But he’s naturally athletic and likes to play sports and run/hike rather than hit the gym every day. And of course has insane genes.
i love his smile its adorable and so magnetic

Reactions: letmewatch

JonTyler

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

thanks for the intel mate !

Reactions: letmewatch

Boisclair

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
d4fd858d8ea2f489dc8091418504c30f0ac7237f.gif
15bd49e83fee5178543b3524dd7d84ab4d2d17a1.gif
3ce4ee39573d19d652c9ec3faf5cb86d17191200.gif
0bccc5ab0e250fccd5c745ee84d7aac69365708a.gif