Luke austin

nycuptownboi

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I assume drugs. I think it’s the reason why they broke up in the first place.
This is a safe bet. Still all v sad. It seems like he was a total mess, it's too bad he couldn't find the light. It is hard to love someone like that who is consumed by addiction. Unfortunately it's so common in our community and we are not always great at knowing how to help. . . sometimes we even encourage the mess :(

Dirrtyboyy79

Experimental Member
Media
Soon after Marcus posted a story where him and Bowie where living in the streets, Luke addressed what had happened on his stories.
he stated Marcus had experimented with meth in Palm Springs (or a music festival) and had gotten hooked. People where being nasty to Luke saying he had abandoned Marcus and that how could he not be helping Marcus.
You could read he was upset, he said Marcus continually relapsed and he could no longer help him. It was all very sad because it was all played out on IG and people didn’t give him any privacy.
May Marcus Rest In Peace. It’s sad that such a talented bright guy got lost in addiction, it’s a wake up call for all of us in the gay community who have lost friends to addiction.

majito2075

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Soon after Marcus posted a story where him and Bowie where living in the streets, Luke addressed what had happened on his stories.
he stated Marcus had experimented with meth in Palm Springs (or a music festival) and had gotten hooked. People where being nasty to Luke saying he had abandoned Marcus and that how could he not be helping Marcus.
You could read he was upset, he said Marcus continually relapsed and he could no longer help him. It was all very sad because it was all played out on IG and people didn’t give him any privacy.
May Marcus Rest In Peace. It’s sad that such a talented bright guy got lost in addiction, it’s a wake up call for all of us in the gay community who have lost friends to addiction.

According to Luke's post, Marcus had an apartment when he died. hopefully he wasn't homeless and was in recovery at the time, at peace with himself.
sad story :_(

HenryMarshall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Just heard about Marcus’ passing. So so sad. It’s terrible to see someone so talented, beautiful, and with so much potential have their life spiral out of control and inevitably pass.

I talked to him on for a while back in like 2012 but never got around to meeting. I think I came on too strong and it pushed him away. Every couple years I’d reach out again but he was never kind; you can tell he was going through a lot and in a bad place. He became positive and hooked up with guys that were not up to his level. I tried to help but he was filled with so much anger, shame, and hate that he completely pushed me away. Super sad.

I saw him quite disheveled with his dog at Starbucks and carrying his things around a year ago or so. He didn’t look that bad but it made me so sad to see him like that in the real world; I was caught by surprise and didn’t know what to say so I didn’t say anything. Now I wish I had…

Dirrtyboyy79

Experimental Member
Media
Just heard about Marcus’ passing. So so sad. It’s terrible to see someone so talented, beautiful, and with so much potential have their life spiral out of control and inevitably pass.

I talked to him on for a while back in like 2012 but never got around to meeting. I think I came on too strong and it pushed him away. Every couple years I’d reach out again but he was never kind; you can tell he was going through a lot and in a bad place. He became positive and hooked up with guys that were not up to his level. I tried to help but he was filled with so much anger, shame, and hate that he completely pushed me away. Super sad.

I saw him quite disheveled with his dog at Starbucks and carrying his things around a year ago or so. He didn’t look that bad but it made me so sad to see him like that in the real world; I was caught by surprise and didn’t know what to say so I didn’t say anything. Now I wish I had…
Truly sad

Reactions: majito2075