Jacob elordi

jkc

Worshipped Member
Media
I just feel like Zendaya, Sydney, and Jacob are such hot commodities right now that HBO would be better off creating a new, age-appropriate miniseries with the three of them to give whatever's left of Euphoria's fanbase something to chew on and set these actors free.

Reactions: Mr_Username

patrickpenis

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
All this talk about Elordi, Zendaya and Sweeny being too popular and old for Euphoria S3 is so odd to me. "Ohh they might as well cancel it". Are you joking? Do you not think HBO needs them? They are going to do everything contractually possible to retain them for another season because they Need the viewers and having A-B list actor's is a huge network Positive. The more popular they get, the more people are going to watch the previous seasons and a future season.

Mr_Username

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All this talk about Elordi, Zendaya and Sweeny being too popular and old for Euphoria S3 is so odd to me. "Ohh they might as well cancel it". Are you joking? Do you not think HBO needs them? They are going to do everything contractually possible to retain them for another season because they Need the viewers and having A-B list actor's is a huge network Positive. The more popular they get, the more people are going to watch the previous seasons and a future season.
Exactly! It doesn't matter if Zendaya and Jacob obviously aren't teenagers. They didn't ever look convincingly 16 in the show. But they're Zendaya and Jacob Elordi, if you can get them in your show then you put them in your show

Forever Horny

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
‘EUPHORIA’ Season 3 will be moving from high school to adulthood.It is planned to make “the show’s edgy theme of sex and drugs less risky”

palatine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
‘EUPHORIA’ Season 3 will be moving from high school to adulthood.It is planned to make “the show’s edgy theme of sex and drugs less risky”
HBO and Levinson learned exactly 0 from The Idol did they... It's not the age of the characters that's problematic, it's the bad writing.

chasealex

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Euphoria distain is strong in this thread. I am one who loves the show and thinks it’s some of the best work out there when it comes to understanding the mind of an addict. If you’re watching the show thinking it’s supposed to be a realistic story of high school teens, you’ve missed what the show is hinting at.

I realize this is the Jacob thread, but the show doesn’t need him and I don’t see why they would cancel it. Worst case, they could make it with just Zendaya and have Jacob and team pop in for one or two episodes to wrap storylines they could film over a week. If you watched the COVID episodes, that’s clear.

Zendaya is the bell of Hollywood and she’s won the Emmy for best actress twice in this role. She and the brass won’t toss it in the garbage.

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
It’s both, so maybe the delay will be a good thing idk…This will be a make or break for Sam after The Idol fiasco, so he needs to bring it.
even though Sam is being criticised for bad writing, you can't deny the amount of publicity he brings to HBO. You can't name a lot of TV showrunners, like for example Succession and The Bear are extremely successful and I don't know who their showrunners are. Sam has name recognition to normal people which is quite rare for TV people.

Even if Euphoria season 3 doesn't happen I still think HBO will give him another chance. His name alone will pique a lot of interest/curiosity. even if people are watching to hate on it

Reactions: patrickpenis

palatine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
even though Sam is being criticised for bad writing, you can't deny the amount of publicity he brings to HBO. You can't name a lot of TV showrunners, like for example Succession and The Bear are extremely successful and I don't know who their showrunners are. Sam has name recognition to normal people which is quite rare for TV people.

Even if Euphoria season 3 doesn't happen I still think HBO will give him another chance. His name alone will pique a lot of interest/curiosity. even if people are watching to hate on it
The Idol flopped though. But I do think you're right in the sense that they seem to value their relationship with him.

Reactions: jkc

qazedctgb

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The biggest problem bör days is the super slow production schedule of shows in the streaming era if they would have banged out three seasons three years in a row then it would have been another thing and no one would have thought that they were too old