Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

brodytyler

Experimental Member
Media
I mean, it should be the case, but it's not always like that.
I meant more of upstaging or stealing the thunder.
I understand some people's concerns but I seriously doubt that Jesuíta (the only name in the cast the general audience is familiar with) will be overshadowed as a main character in his own film, both in script and performance.

He is a much bigger and more respected actor than Montaleone (who is C-list level at most and the fact that he even got the role makes me question whether this film will be any good at all lol).

The film is being marketed as a traditional biopic, so it will cover both Ney Matogrosso's career and personal life (from childhood to adulthood), so it doesn't seem like it will only focus on his relationship with his ex-husband.

From a production standpoint, I honestly think Montaleone is just there because they make a hot couple for sex scenes that people on twitter and titkok can thirsting over through the fan edits without ever seeing the movie itself haha.

Reactions: Rainofar34

Carolina HM

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I understand some people's concerns but I seriously doubt that Jesuíta (the only name in the cast the general audience is familiar with) will be overshadowed as a main character in his own film, both in script and performance.

He is a much bigger and more respected actor than Montaleone (who is C-list level at most and the fact that he even got the role makes me question whether this film will be any good at all lol).

The film is being marketed as a traditional biopic, so it will cover both Ney Matogrosso's career and personal life (from childhood to adulthood), so it doesn't seem like it will only focus on his relationship with his ex-husband.

From a production standpoint, I honestly think Montaleone is just there because they make a hot couple for sex scenes that people on twitter and titkok can thirsting over through the fan edits without ever seeing the movie itself haha.
Not saying I agree with everything (especially the harsh words towards Brunim lmao) but as someone who knew Jesuíta back in As Travestidas days, is no-brainer that he will deliver.

[BEWARE - little rant about male actors born after 1990]
If he was an European or North American actor he would be easily in the same level as Anya Taylor-Joy, Mia Goth and Kristen Stewart (is very difficult to put a male actor in comparison with Jesuíta because just a tiny tiny group of men his age - Josh O'Connor, Barry Keoghan and Paul Mescal - got praise and awards for their raw talent alone - and in a funny coincidence, all three aren't shy from frontal nudity :joy:

The closer ones to JB, that didn't get big prizes yet: George MacKay and Harris Dickinson.

Guys like Elordi, Butler, Chalamet, Hedges and Holland, while being good actors, got lucky to be attached in projects from 'panelinhas de diretores farofa".

brodytyler

Experimental Member
Media
Not saying I agree with everything (especially the harsh words towards Brunim lmao) but as someone who knew Jesuíta back in As Travestidas days, is no-brainer that he will deliver.

[BEWARE - little rant about male actors born after 1990]
If he was an European or North American actor he would be easily in the same level as Anya Taylor-Joy, Mia Goth and Kristen Stewart (is very difficult to put a male actor in comparison with Jesuíta because just a tiny tiny group of men his age - Josh O'Connor, Barry Keoghan and Paul Mescal - got praise and awards for their raw talent alone - and in a funny coincidence, all three aren't shy from frontal nudity :joy:

The closer ones to JB, that didn't get big prizes yet: George MacKay and Harris Dickinson.

Guys like Elordi, Butler, Chalamet, Hedges and Holland, while being good actors, got lucky to be attached in projects from 'panelinhas de diretores farofa".

lol it's all good, I have nothing against him, I was just trying to give some context for those who may not be aware that these two actors, from an industry perspective, are not on the same level of recognition and star power, so the whole idea of "Montaleone could possibly steal Jesuíta's thunder" people were speculating above seem unlikely to me primarily because it's not in anyone's best interests as well (but who knows? stranger things have happened haha)

And I agree with you that if Jesuíta wasn't a Latino he would already be on the path to becoming a Hollywood A-lister, besides talent, he has the same edgy pretentious skinny white boy appeal as Ezra Miller (before the crazy stuff), plus the fan girls would love him and would eat up all his real-life toxic gay relationships straight off wattpad lmfao