Henry Cavill

liamboston

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Exactly, he isn't going to win any academy awards, but as far as worst, not by a long shot. It no like he's Hallmark or Soap Opera level bad.

His career is definitely over... He's too big and too handsome, it's not like you can fit him in any story. And now he's aged, so even for superhero stuff they won't hire him because in 10 years he'll be 50. His only salvation is dropping those muscles like McCounaghey did. He's got a lot of charisma he can use in his favor. As of right now there are only embarrassments available for him like Argylle. The same with Momoa, John Cena, The Rock... Too big, too old.

LinManuelthirster

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
His career is definitely over... He's too big and too handsome, it's not like you can fit him in any story. And now he's aged, so even for superhero stuff they won't hire him because in 10 years he'll be 50. His only salvation is dropping those muscles like McCounaghey did. He's got a lot of charisma he can use in his favor. As of right now there are only embarrassments available for him like Argylle. The same with Momoa, John Cena, The Rock... Too big, too old.
What he can do is at least do more adds for muscle tech, I heard he’s actually running the company I think.

Reactions: mchlsctt709

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This is a good point that isn’t touched upon. Looking at his career there are so many tv shows/movies he could actually realistically be in with his look. Shows like The Witcher, then there is Superman. But he’s moving past that. Producers want someone younger now.

He also needs to slim down a bit. This also limits the roles he can be in. Matthew McCounaghey lost the pounds and had a career resurgence in his 40s. Henry has great charisma and of course handsome. He can thrive for the next decade or two with some changes. He is still in Superman mode. Another example is Charlie Hunnam who also lost a lot of muscles to get more roles for his age.

Maybe Highlander is a hit and he can just do that. I like Henry so hoping for the best.

PsychicPenguin22

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The difference being that McConaughey can actually act.

Reactions: Denyaku

PsychicPenguin22

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Before he lost weight he never showed any talent. He was one of the worst actually
So what, Henry only needs to lose weight and he'll magically become a good actor overnight? The weight loss fairy's gonna leave an Oscar under his pillow?

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Before he lost weight he never showed any talent. He was one of the worst actually
Lost weight? Huh? He's always been fit/skinny that I can recall. And you apparently never saw A Time to Kill. Also, he was actually really good in Dazed and Confused. He's not the greatest actor out there, but far from the worst.

Reactions: mattthebruinsfan

Santi Of Rivia

Legendary Member
Media
Montevideo, Departamento de Montevideo,Uruguay
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's been like a month since I last viewed this thread. I come back, and y'all are just straight bashing the way this man looks now? View attachment 123106411
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TRUTH WITH HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS, THEY CRITICIZE IT.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Henry's next movie, The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare comes out April 19th. Too bad there won't be any shirtless scenes from Henry. But I'm actually looking forward to this one. The trailer was pretty interesting.

Reactions: Anron and Zjamesm

shebysheree

Superior Member
Media
He should play someone other than a generic action hero. When he was starting out he used to play interesting characters. Like in I Capture the Castle he played a sweet lovesick farmboy

3e71e6600948d5e31c7d4199c3a1dfee89ae65db.gifv

114374dc7a8c191be9d40b2dd7e18d912d214aef.gifv

c8a6ffe3b416ff96c72bc3d50e9a074891107159.gifv

liamboston

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
He should play someone other than a generic action hero. When he was starting out he used to play interesting characters. Like in I Capture the Castle he played a sweet lovesick farmboy

3e71e6600948d5e31c7d4199c3a1dfee89ae65db.gifv

114374dc7a8c191be9d40b2dd7e18d912d214aef.gifv

c8a6ffe3b416ff96c72bc3d50e9a074891107159.gifv

IMO superman ruined him. nobody really is a fan of zack snyder's superman, it aged badly, the movie flopped. He bulked up for nothing

Zjamesm

Loved Member
Media
Gee, I thought the threads on this site are for fans of the actors, why so much haters posting around lately. Why not post on Actors you like, instead of spreading hate and arguing with real fans that appreciate the actor.

Fans of Henry are not expecting him to beat Leonardo on the next Oscars. Most of his fans just like him kicking ass, while looking cool and handsome. He is a decent enough as an actor, or else, he will be just relegated to do Lifetime or Hallmark-type of movies.

There are worst actors in Hollywood that despite being bad or one-note, are still respected and famous today, like Arnold, Stallone, Keanu, Nic Cage. You just need to be smart on what roles you take and focusing on roles you are good at.

He has one upcoming movie that is a bit different, a rom-com, The Rosie Project. It seems like he is a bit busy right now, so that will probably be released maybe 2 or 3 years from now. Hopefully the Ministry movie will do well, he needs to have at least one hit this year.