Gay, 40+ Hung and Black! Let's TALK

TDJ6

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey guys.

How is everybody, I haven't done a great job of keeping this thread engaged so I apologize for that. Although, anybody can start a topic to get this page moving again.

Here's a loose topic though, because I've been thinking a lot lately about the 2000's. I was weird because I was halfway in my "down low" phase but also going out and hooking up. Basically I wasn't FULLY committed to the "community".

I want to know what are things you love and miss about being gay in the 2000's vs today.

One thing I can say is that I miss how gays weren't so pressed about looking a certain way in pics. We didn't have smartphones with HD capable pics. We didn't have filters or photoshop (at least not as easily accessible as it is now). I feel like today there's a pressure to look "gay perfect" when I don't feel like that was ever a thing back than. I could be wrong.

I also miss DANCING lol!! I feel like people don't dance in the gay clubs anymore. Again, I could be wrong.

But YES please share your 2000's experiences with me. There's obviously a lot of things that are negative about living in that time, but this is trying to highlight the positive!

QueenLeo40

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well dam, this thread is DEAD!!! should i start posting pics or vids to get more attention...
I wouldn't say that. I'd say, ask more probing questions. Like, "When did you know you were gay?" or "As as you've gotten older has your sexual "types" changed?"

Reactions: SirHungDevon

QueenLeo40

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys.

How is everybody, I haven't done a great job of keeping this thread engaged so I apologize for that. Although, anybody can start a topic to get this page moving again.

Here's a loose topic though, because I've been thinking a lot lately about the 2000's. I was weird because I was halfway in my "down low" phase but also going out and hooking up. Basically I wasn't FULLY committed to the "community".

I want to know what are things you love and miss about being gay in the 2000's vs today.

One thing I can say is that I miss how gays weren't so pressed about looking a certain way in pics. We didn't have smartphones with HD capable pics. We didn't have filters or photoshop (at least not as easily accessible as it is now). I feel like today there's a pressure to look "gay perfect" when I don't feel like that was ever a thing back than. I could be wrong.

I also miss DANCING lol!! I feel like people don't dance in the gay clubs anymore. Again, I could be wrong.

But YES please share your 2000's experiences with me. There's obviously a lot of things that are negative about living in that time, but this is trying to highlight the positive!
I miss the music. There were intros and outros to songs and the music had neat drum beats.

• Love
Reactions: asaki22 and TDJ6

QueenLeo40

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Sugarbears, I know that this forum is normally for sexual thangs. Yes, thangs. but, I've always wanted to know. What is your secret non-sexual talent? Do you cook? Dance? Paint? Inquiring minds want to know. I'll go first, I'm a closet singer and writer. (sings woman to woman by Shirley Brown) ❤

SirHungDevon

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Sugarbears, I know that this forum is normally for sexual thangs. Yes, thangs. but, I've always wanted to know. What is your secret non-sexual talent? Do you cook? Dance? Paint? Inquiring minds want to know. I'll go first, I'm a closet singer and writer. (sings woman to woman by Shirley Brown) ❤
Definitely dance. Instruct for a few dance fitness formats on and off and have considered branching into my own thing as well. Also amateur artist/writer. Just need to make more time for it.

QueenLeo40

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Definitely dance. Instruct for a few dance fitness formats on and off and have considered branching into my own thing as well. Also amateur artist/writer. Just need to make more time for it.
I love that. Especially dance. I do that as part of my workout. You can't tell I'm not Janet or Paula when I'm dancing.

TDJ6

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I write.
in school I wanted to be a journalist... and than as an adult that industry was dying softly.
I blogged for a while. about music and movies. And I did include some short stories.
that blog was kind of a flop. So I kinda stopped writing, but kept coming up with ideas.

I currently would love to write a graphic novel. I have in the past few years rediscovered by my love for drawing and I want to marry my love of writing with the love of art.

What I'm working on now, I really love it and I hope my laziness and procrastination doesn't get in the way.

but i also used to love to dance. I would always copy the moves from the 90's Janet Jackson videos and Aaliyah and Beyonce and them. but we probably ALL did that LOL!!!