RadicalDreamers

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So gotta question for the people who still watch/listen to Brainleak: has there been any mention at all to what is going on with Ethan's, like... imma call it "soft-quitting" thing?

wankgameplays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So gotta question for the people who still watch/listen to Brainleak: has there been any mention at all to what is going on with Ethan's, like... imma call it "soft-quitting" thing?
Last week he mentioned he's currently taking a break (and didn't tell anyone) when he was talking to Sean about longevity and having to take breaks as youtubers. It was just a passing thing, no further details.

Niburu

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He was consistently uploading and streaming before his break. Though it wasn't a very long spree of consistency.
idk how often he was streaming, but his youtube videos were mostly once a week, and mostly stuff that he just had to show up to do. like all those "cooking" videos. which, while did take time to film, his assistant took care of all the prep, and the editor did the worst part of the work.
and ofc it wasn't a long spree. that's his m.o. he makes videos and streams for like a month, then goes on another break, without even telling people he's gonna go on a break. he just stops it completely. then it's rinse and repeat.
like, if you need to take a month's break after a couple weeks of work, you either need to reevaluate your work or change careers

wankgameplays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
idk how often he was streaming, but his youtube videos were mostly once a week, and mostly stuff that he just had to show up to do. like all those "cooking" videos. which, while did take time to film, his assistant took care of all the prep, and the editor did the worst part of the work.
and ofc it wasn't a long spree. that's his m.o. he makes videos and streams for like a month, then goes on another break, without even telling people he's gonna go on a break. he just stops it completely. then it's rinse and repeat.
like, if you need to take a month's break after a couple weeks of work, you either need to reevaluate your work or change careers
Well no. I actually agreed with this until I looked at the data, and we were both wrong.

He hasn't posted since Feb 20th. From then to a year before that, he posted 74 videos, which is quite a bit more frequent than once per week. We're probably confused about 2022, when he uploaded about once a month and took an announced break from late September to late October. (During this year he was also filming a lot for Game Grumps, if that counts for anything)

Most of the videos from the past year are at the computer, so Jocelyn would've had minimal involvement. I'll give you passing off editing making the workload lighter... but the fact remains, he did put in a decent amount of work over the last year, moreso than most weekly-uploading youtubers. There are a couple videos under 5 minutes, but the vast majority are 10-20 minutes long, with a few that are 30+ minutes.

Unfortunately, his viewership hasn't moved much in spite of his consistency. It's actually trending downward, which is probably extremely frustrating for him and highly conducive to the current hiatus. I do wonder if he'll make a pivot to different content when/if he comes back to posting his own videos.

I also wasn't sure of his streaming schedule so I looked it up. (EthanNestor - Streamer Profile & Stats)
Screenshot_20240410_162257_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240410_162318_Chrome.jpg

It looks like he mostly streamed for 6+ hours every other day. Ngl, this shocked me. I didn't realize he streamed for so long.

In summary, given the info at hand, he's not exactly hustling, nose to the grindstone, sacrificing sleep, etc. But he has put in a lot of effort. Much more than I thought off the top of my head.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well no. I actually agreed with this until I looked at the data, and we were both wrong.

He hasn't posted since Feb 20th. From then to a year before that, he posted 74 videos, which is quite a bit more frequent than once per week. We're probably confused about 2022, when he uploaded about once a month and took an announced break from late September to late October. (During this year he was also filming a lot for Game Grumps, if that counts for anything)

Most of the videos from the past year are at the computer, so Jocelyn would've had minimal involvement. I'll give you passing off editing making the workload lighter... but the fact remains, he did put in a decent amount of work over the last year, moreso than most weekly-uploading youtubers. There are a couple videos under 5 minutes, but the vast majority are 10-20 minutes long, with a few that are 30+ minutes.

Unfortunately, his viewership hasn't moved much in spite of his consistency. It's actually trending downward, which is probably extremely frustrating for him and highly conducive to the current hiatus. I do wonder if he'll make a pivot to different content when/if he comes back to posting his own videos.

I also wasn't sure of his streaming schedule so I looked it up. (EthanNestor - Streamer Profile & Stats)
View attachment 127944091
View attachment 127944111

It looks like he mostly streamed for 6+ hours every other day. Ngl, this shocked me. I didn't realize he streamed for so long.

In summary, given the info at hand, he's not exactly hustling, nose to the grindstone, sacrificing sleep, etc. But he has put in a lot of effort. Much more than I thought off the top of my head.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
for some reason i was under the impression his latest videos were the cooking ones. but it was the stuff where he was at the computer. which makes things worse. it's just low effort content. the last 4 videos are looking at rich people sites, 2 a.i videos and giving advice to chat.
i didn't comment on the streaming as i didn't know the data, but now that i do, it's even worse. he streamed for a few hours every other day. there's people, be it twitch streamers or youtubers who also stream, who stream for multiple hours every day. and yeah, they might take a day off here and there, but they don't go on month long breaks every other month from it. i won't really comment any further as idk what type of content he was making. i assume gaming. but there's also gaming youtubers who do reacting to content streams, and that's not really something that takes any effort, you're basically just watching something while talking to someone else(multiple someone elses in this case because chat).
it's basically the same rinse and repeat as always. he makes content, he really puts his whole pussy into it, then idk if he gets bored, if he loses interest, if he feels frustrated from lack of growth, but he just stops abruptly. and then returns like nothing happened, and does the same thing again

wankgameplays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
for some reason i was under the impression his latest videos were the cooking ones. but it was the stuff where he was at the computer. which makes things worse. it's just low effort content. the last 4 videos are looking at rich people sites, 2 a.i videos and giving advice to chat.
i didn't comment on the streaming as i didn't know the data, but now that i do, it's even worse. he streamed for a few hours every other day. there's people, be it twitch streamers or youtubers who also stream, who stream for multiple hours every day. and yeah, they might take a day off here and there, but they don't go on month long breaks every other month from it. i won't really comment any further as idk what type of content he was making. i assume gaming. but there's also gaming youtubers who do reacting to content streams, and that's not really something that takes any effort, you're basically just watching something while talking to someone else(multiple someone elses in this case because chat).
it's basically the same rinse and repeat as always. he makes content, he really puts his whole pussy into it, then idk if he gets bored, if he loses interest, if he feels frustrated from lack of growth, but he just stops abruptly. and then returns like nothing happened, and does the same thing again
Oh, so you don't care what he does. You just want to be mad at him. I looked at data and actually spoke truthfully when I posted several paragraphs. You did the same and still just talked out of your ass in spite of what I said to prove you wrong.

Reactions: Hephaestion47

andre1000

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, so you don't care what he does. You just want to be mad at him. I looked at data and actually spoke truthfully when I posted several paragraphs. You did the same and still just talked out of your ass in spite of what I said to prove you wrong.
you didn't prove me wrong tho. you literally gave me the data for my argument.
most of his youtube videos were low effort react content. and he only streamed every other day for a few hours. and then he decides to take another unannounced break, for who knows how long, so then he can come back, do the same thing, then disappear again

Reactions: itmeasnack

Hephaestion47

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It seems pretty clear there are people in this thread for Drama, acting like this is Gossip Guru. The ignore function is immensely helpful in dealing with this.

Being frustrated with his scatter-shot upload schedule is one thing, but if you're never happy with anything he does...maybe find something else to fixate on?

wankgameplays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you didn't prove me wrong tho. you literally gave me the data for my argument.
most of his youtube videos were low effort react content. and he only streamed every other day for a few hours. and then he decides to take another unannounced break, for who knows how long, so then he can come back, do the same thing, then disappear again
No, you said he routinely only posts a few months at a time and takes breaks. I told you he's uploaded consistently for over a year. You didn't know about his streaming schedule and acted like it was nothing. I showed you he streams 20+ hours a week on top of everything else he does. Now you're still saying he's not doing enough when before you claimed he did SIGNIFICANTLY LESS. You got told and decided to move the goalposts of your arguments. You don't fucking like him. Do yourself a favor and all of us a favor and stop bitching about incorrect shit in here.