Drew Van Acker

davepadillas

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, if 30 somethings on 90210 could play teenagers - him playing 25 is no big deal at all. :laughing:
Definitely. The cast of Glee was 30 something and play high schoolers. That's even cringier given that they obviously looked "their real age" back then too.

Reactions: C18 and Arsenal

Alexis6

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As hilarious as all your reactions have been guys this is exactly why though you need to read more into things before you just see Trump's name and react. The reason this film is getting so much support from EVERYONE is because The Angel Studios who made this movie As a non-profit that is fighting child-sex trafficking, you can book a theater for a fundraising event and get it fully reimbursed by the Angel community. So obviously politicians are going to back this because it makes them look good to the press. The movie is literally just based on a FBI agent who is trying to bring down sex trafficking. It's not some crazy Alt Right movie. What the film studio for this movie is trying to do is actually a good thing, Trump's name should not ruin that.

ZenXN

Legendary Member
Media
...The reason this film is getting so much support from EVERYONE is because The Angel Studios who made this movie As a non-profit that is fighting child-sex trafficking,...
And any charity who claims to be fighting "child-sex trafficking" or connected to "Save The Children" needs to be examined closely because the QAnon crazies have hijacked the issue of child trafficking to raise money for QAnon causes.

It's sad but you can no longer trust that these charities and fund-raising events are in fact supporting the cause they claim to support.

QAnon Followers Are Hijacking the #SaveTheChildren Movement (Published 2020)

Controversial Hit ‘Sound Of Freedom’ Crosses $50 Million At U.S. Box Office, Report Says

Alexis6

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And any charity who claims to be fighting "child-sex trafficking" or connected to "Save The Children" needs to be examined closely because the QAnon crazies have hijacked the issue of child trafficking to raise money for QAnon causes.

It's sad but you can no longer trust that these charities and fund-raising events are in fact supporting the cause they claim to support.

Controversial Hit ‘Sound Of Freedom’ Crosses $50 Million At U.S. Box Office, Report Says
*sigh* Sometimes I sit in my room and think would it be for the best if A.I. or aliens just took us over? Smh

ZenXN

Legendary Member
Media
*sigh* Sometimes I sit in my room and think would it be for the best if A.I. or aliens just took us over? Smh
Don't be discouraged. The reason that these scams work is that they know that most people are good people and most people care about other people.

But you have to think in terms of 4 simple words, "Who are these people?".

As in, "Who are these people in Hollywood who suddenly care about child trafficking? And how is making a movie going to do anything but make money for the people in Hollywood who made the movie?".

As in, "Who is Drew Van Acker and why would I listen to a movie recommendation from Drew Van Acker?".

I don't know Drew Van Acker. He probably had no idea this was tied to a religious cult. He probably got sucked in like most people. He probably doesn't read the New York Times. He probably thought he was doing good by promoting a charity.

lordassriel

Superior Member
Media
As hilarious as all your reactions have been guys this is exactly why though you need to read more into things before you just see Trump's name and react. The reason this film is getting so much support from EVERYONE is because The Angel Studios who made this movie As a non-profit that is fighting child-sex trafficking, you can book a theater for a fundraising event and get it fully reimbursed by the Angel community. So obviously politicians are going to back this because it makes them look good to the press. The movie is literally just based on a FBI agent who is trying to bring down sex trafficking. It's not some crazy Alt Right movie. What the film studio for this movie is trying to do is actually a good thing, Trump's name should not ruin that.
Oh boy

Moonlight Rain

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm definitely going to watch it when a streaming site gets it. Although its only available in the US so far. Hopefully Prime gets it, because that's what I have.
Now that the movie earned money, I wonder why they can't have a normal screening outside the US. I've seen smaller films released to where I'm from. : unamused:

Reactions: Arsenal

Andrewtoo

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

The first article is behind a paywall. What does it mean by hijacking? A good cause that's singled out by nutty people is still a good cause. You don't not support it and let sex trafficking get worse. ...now if only someone could get them to worry about the environment we might actually get somewhere. Lol nah, they're about as powerless to do fuck all about corporate greed as anyone.

Reactions: Watcher303

ZenXN

Legendary Member
Media
The first article is behind a paywall. What does it mean by hijacking? A good cause that's singled out by nutty people is still a good cause. You don't not support it and let sex trafficking get worse. ...now if only someone could get them to worry about the environment we might actually get somewhere. Lol nah, they're about as powerless to do fuck all about corporate greed as anyone.
There's no shortage of information available on these fake charities. Just Google "Operation Underground Railroad scam" or read this free article:
EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: “Sound of Freedom” Doesn’t Tell True Story of Operation Underground Railroad – MinistryWatch

These charities claim that between 300,000 to 800,000 children are kidnapped and exploited each year in the US. The actual number is about 100.

We're way off topic but the important thing to know is that most child sex exploitation occurs when someone known to the child (i.e. a relative, a trusted friend) gains the trust of the family and exploits the child. There is no large scale kidnapping ring. There is no network of people drinking the blood of children.

People who profit off a problem that doesn't exist aren't running a charity. They are running a grift.

These charities are collecting millions of dollars in fundraising to "Save the Children". If there is not a problem with hundreds of thousands of children being kidnapped, then where is the money going?

Moonlight Rain

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's no shortage of information available on these fake charities. Just Google "Operation Underground Railroad scam" or read this free article:
EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: “Sound of Freedom” Doesn’t Tell True Story of Operation Underground Railroad – MinistryWatch

These charities claim that between 300,000 to 800,000 children are kidnapped and exploited each year in the US. The actual number is about 100.

We're way off topic but the important thing to know is that most child sex exploitation occurs when someone known to the child (i.e. a relative, a trusted friend) gains the trust of the family and exploits the child. There is no large scale kidnapping ring. There is no network of people drinking the blood of children.

People who profit off a problem that doesn't exist aren't running a charity. They are running a grift.

These charities are collecting millions of dollars in fundraising to "Save the Children". If there is not a problem with hundreds of thousands of children being kidnapped, then where is the money going?
Fine we won't watch the movie, that is if you share his nudes.

• Haha
Reactions: Alexis6

Watcher303

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

They DO exist, and I do not want to assume bad intent other than political stakes in why you would want them to continue, but you MIGHT want to allow other adults to make their own assessments rather than denouncing THEIR intent. (And linking biased sources is not a valid method of argument, IMO.) Personally I would love to hear Drew's views much more than yours because he is pretty.

Reactions: Moonlight Rain