Colton underwood- american football player

cptgayamerica

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think he planned to come out at all. He was blackmailed, unless that whole thing was a setup.

It's terrible he stalked Cassie. Stalking, harassment, and intimidation are serious matters. However, some of you seem to want this to be a forever scarlet letter hanging over him. Which maybe it should be, I don't know. A better way to say it: some of you seem to think those incidents make him irredeemable.

I'm not sure what else he can do at this point about those incidents beyond what he's done (apologized multiple times, seems to have come to a resolution with Cassie). Do you want him to be jailed? What would be the fitting punishment, in your view?
It's not that he isn't redeemable. But if I'm honest, I do feel like he didn't properly atone for it and he (or more like his publishers) used his coming out as a marketing way to get out of publicly answering for it. Which is a fair critique.

The same thing as Kevin Spacey. Coming out in the middle of a scandal just doesn't sit right with me.

Obviously, it worked out for him but I do wish that he actually dealt with the Cassie incident first before coming out.

Jaysky3000

Legendary Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was a big critic of his actions back then, but it does seem he's shaped his behavior up since.
Exactly this is what I meant. The way he acted with her was unaccaptable, but he does seemed to have changed from it. Like some people you feel are not trully sorry bout things they have doneBUT for him I feel he truly was/is. Not excusing what he did it all but I get it, I was in a very similar situation as him and the pressure to be straight when you are not will make you do crazy things.

Reactions: JoeRoscoe

Jaysky3000

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is kind of unrelated but, random thought. The guys that he had sex with when he was in the closet or did whatever with must be stand up guys! I am shocked that we have not seen anyone that said they hooked up with him. Not saying they should be broadcasting it but you know how people will do anything for $. Maybe there was NDA but I don't think Colton was NDA famous enough, and he was going to bathhouses and stuff hooking up with guys. I don't think that's enough time to do a NDA lol

Reactions: Sektor9T9

chasealex

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is kind of unrelated but, random thought. The guys that he had sex with when he was in the closet or did whatever with must be stand up guys! I am shocked that we have not seen anyone that said they hooked up with him. Not saying they should be broadcasting it but you know how people will do anything for $. Maybe there was NDA but I don't think Colton was NDA famous enough, and he was going to bathhouses and stuff hooking up with guys. I don't think that's enough time to do a NDA lol
No offense to Colton, but who’s paying good money for Colton Underwood’s sexcapades? He’s a former Bachelor/Bachelorette contestant.

djn07

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was wondering if you created that collage, but now I see he posted it, which is kind of great.

And, yes, definitely low-key homophobic. What ridiculous responses to a photo that shows less skin than a swimming suit on a beach.
It shows less skin then Jesus on the cross!

cptgayamerica

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
lol true but given he's more more "famous" now. Im shocked people have not come forward.
So when he was saying he was a virgin, he just meant he never slept with women but was cruising around with guys beforehand?

My assumption would be that he was hooking up with other closet NFL players. Imagine if he and Carl Nassib were once FWBs.

Reactions: Jaysky3000

JoeRoscoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
lol true but given he's more more "famous" now. Im shocked people have not come forward.
He was having anonymous sex. Possibly many of the people who slept with him aren't even sure it was him. Also, the only place you'd see claims from people who do think they slept with him are places like.... LPSG comments. Not even a tabloid magazine would publish some completely unsubstantiated claim with zero evidence. They would have published bathhouse pics maybe, but I doubt any such photos exist. I think someone saw him there but didn't take pics. (Anyone carrying a phone around a bathhouse is going to be chewed out.)

Reactions: bigboaster

Jaysky3000

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He was having anonymous sex. Possibly many of the people who slept with him aren't even sure it was him. Also, the only place you'd see claims from people who do think they slept with him are places like.... LPSG comments. Not even a tabloid magazine would publish some completely unsubstantiated claim with zero evidence. They would have published bathhouse pics maybe, but I doubt any such photos exist. I think someone saw him there but didn't take pics. (Anyone carrying a phone around a bathhouse is going to be chewed out.)
Isn't that why he came out because someone was blackmailing him. He just beat them to the punch. I remember him saying that.

Jaysky3000

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wasn't there rumors that the whole he's being blackmailed was a made up lie for people to "have sympathy" that he was "forced to come out"?
Oh I never heard this but it sounded like he really was because he had mentioned he was in talks with the person who was..but who knows.

JoeRoscoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Isn't that why he came out because someone was blackmailing him. He just beat them to the punch. I remember him saying that.
Yes, as has been discussed just above.

The person blackmailing him allegedly said he had photo proof. My point is that that part of the claim is dubious. But it's all speculation, so who knows.

hisiff maji

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not that he isn't redeemable. But if I'm honest, I do feel like he didn't properly atone for it and he (or more like his publishers) used his coming out as a marketing way to get out of publicly answering for it. Which is a fair critique.

The same thing as Kevin Spacey. Coming out in the middle of a scandal just doesn't sit right with me.

Obviously, it worked out for him but I do wish that he actually dealt with the Cassie incident first before coming out.
Kevin spacey’s “situation” is entirely different. With all the facts, it’s a weird combination for Colton.
He stalked his ex and we know where that came from internally, his emotionally unstable attempt to be straight. He didn’t intend to even come out or confront this, but being blackmailed forced him to. His PR team got in front of it with a Netflix deal the same day, which came off as a cheap money grab (it is, but isn’t unethical). I don’t think anyone, much less Colton, would want to mention the bathhouses etc unless the blackmail was real. it was humiliating and detailed, which makes me believe it. Without that detail it does look like an attempt to sidestep the Cassie stalking scandal.
The guy has has some rough emotional health, but he’s very very privileged and was praised for coming out in the midst of a stalking scandal, and made money from it. so the backlash he got from our community is predictable.