Callum turner (newt's brother from fantastic beasts)

gr8tu

Worshipped Member
Media
Austin Butler doesn't feel authentic in his character, which is magnified by his stupid Elvis voice/demeanor. That accent doesn't befit a character who's supposed to be from Wyoming!
definitely feels like someone trying to look cool instead of just embodying a character. Unlike Callum

I do love Callum and Austin's scenes together tho, almost homoerotic in their interactions . In my head the characters have probably done stuff together previously lol

kyonto12

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
is anyone liking Masters of Air?

he's definitely more captivating than Austin on this show. I love his character.

The title sequence features a lot of Austin's face which makes me wonder if producers thought he'd be the selling point. Odd because the U.K cast members is what attracted me to it lol

Reactions: Jhoplan and d_sylva

gr8tu

Worshipped Member
Media
he's definitely more captivating than Austin on this show. I love his character.

The title sequence features a lot of Austin's face which makes me wonder if producers thought he'd be the selling point. Odd because the U.K cast members is what attracted me to it lol
they're definitely selling the show on Austin's face but he's clearly not the strongest performance and thankfully not the only perspective of the story

RguezJpi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Doubt that they'll have show much shirtless scenes, maybe one or two and quickly. Apple+ don't have much shirtless/nudity, unfortunately.
well, apple gave us the perfect ass of Taron Egerton in black bird, but no shirtless scenes so far maybe on the upcoming episodes and i'm pretty sure Austin will be the only one

Nfma11

Legendary Member
Media
well, apple gave us the perfect ass of Taron Egerton in black bird, but no shirtless scenes so far maybe on the upcoming episodes and i'm pretty sure Austin will be the only one

That's one of the few nudity that Apple+ gave us until now lol. They need to be less pudic and show more.

kyonto12

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
just fyi the lack of nudity isn't an Apple issue. There are several Apple shows with sex scenes and male nudity (not at the excessive GoT level but definitely exceeding network tv limitations for sure)

I would beg showrunners for a nude scene but I don't think there will be any gratuitous sex scenes here (but we also haven't wrapped up the show so who knows) Lack of nudity is definitely a creative decision at this point...I think we all thought we'd see communal shower scenes or something lol

they don't want to sexualize the men for this story, and contextually I get that. It's devastating!

jkc

Worshipped Member
Media
I was just assuming they might have a scene where they take their shirts off to change or something. Not full on sex. I feel like there were shirtless scenes in Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

gr8tu

Worshipped Member
Media
just fyi the lack of nudity isn't an Apple issue. There are several Apple shows with sex scenes and male nudity (not at the excessive GoT level but definitely exceeding network tv limitations for sure)

I would beg showrunners for a nude scene but I don't think there will be any gratuitous sex scenes here (but we also haven't wrapped up the show so who knows) Lack of nudity is definitely a creative decision at this point...I think we all thought we'd see communal shower scenes or something lol

they don't want to sexualize the men for this story, and contextually I get that. It's devastating!
I mean the show is made by Tom hanks , Steven Spielberg etc you could guess just by that it was never gonna have any salacious scenes

Reactions: kyonto12

RguezJpi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
definitely feels like someone trying to look cool instead of just embodying a character. Unlike Callum

I do love Callum and Austin's scenes together tho, almost homoerotic in their interactions . In my head the characters have probably done stuff together previously lol
you're so right, the episode of last night confirmed it
the star of the show is Callum, he overshadow Austin even when their not together

Reactions: Ajlv

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
The next episode of the show has sex scenes and nudity of a 'mild impact'. Anyone who is watching the show, do you know who it is likely to be? From the trailer Austin is seen with a girl so I am assuming it'll be him

episode 5 is also rated for nudity of a 'very mild impact'

RguezJpi

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The next episode of the show has sex scenes and nudity of a 'mild impact'. Anyone who is watching the show, do you know who it is likely to be? From the trailer Austin is seen with a girl so I am assuming it'll be him

episode 5 is also rated for nudity of a 'very mild impact'
yes, looks like is just gonna be Austin also the next ep is his shirtless scene

Reactions: Agent Zuckerguss