No Response
Dr Paul

ZgGMdro.jpeg

deodrantstain

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know we come on here to thirst over the guys but literally what was that result…he chose the worst two candidates. Phil has to be related to Lord Sugar because HOW did he lose 9 tasks in a row and still make the top 2 lmao. Dr Paul and Flo were robbed

ZacJ20

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know we come on here to thirst over the guys but literally what was that result…he chose the worst two candidates. Phil has to be related to Lord Sugar because HOW did he lose 9 tasks in a row and still make the top 2 lmao. Dr Paul and Flo were robbed

I'd say he's probably got the best business prospects, possibly out of all of them.

Ee85

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Unfortunately the model of the game is that you give Lord Sugar 50% of your business for £250,000. That means the business being invested in should be worth £500,000, which they virtually never are, so at that point in time it works out a very good deal for the winner (obviously not so great if the business then goes on to be worth millions!) If Dr Paul was offering half his business, he would’ve been in the final I’m pretty sure, but sadly this isn’t Dragons Den and the share isn’t negotiable, so they basically got through by default in the end!

HadesUK

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
He didn’t want to invest in a drink being made by someone with zero experience in drinks, he didn’t want to invest in yet another recruitment firm, and he didn’t want to invest in a single dentist.

As credible as the three were, their business plans sucked.

It’s also unlikely he’ll want to invest in a generic gym so it’s probable that he’ll pick Phil.

lh0711

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
He didn’t want to invest in a drink being made by someone with zero experience in drinks, he didn’t want to invest in yet another recruitment firm, and he didn’t want to invest in a single dentist.

As credible as the three were, their business plans sucked.

It’s also unlikely he’ll want to invest in a generic gym so it’s probable that he’ll pick Phil.
This is exactly why the show is pointless nowadays!
Sugar decides which business he wants to invest in, and then makes his decisions around that. The performance of the contestants week in, week out means NOTHING anymore... So why even have a 12 week long process?

HadesUK

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This is exactly why the show is pointless nowadays!
Sugar decides which business he wants to invest in, and then makes his decisions around that. The performance of the contestants week in, week out means NOTHING anymore... So why even have a 12 week long process?
You could also say it would be quicker to put Sugar on Dragons Den and have him invest based on the pitches.

I preferred it when he was giving them jobs but I understand why it stopped. He ran out of high position roles available and a couple of past winners turned out to be nightmare employees so by letting them present their own business it gets them out of his hair

Reactions: tickguy19