Ryan Guzman

FaytMaverick13

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it’s ridiculous you keep dreaming that his character is going to be gay. When it becoming clear he not. Also it made perfect sense for character to be Bi. More than it did for Buck.
Buck being bi was extremely obvious the moment Eddie showed up, Buck was looking right at him while “what a man” was playing. He also has flirted with a lot of guys over the course of the show, not to mention TK from lone star literally thought Buck was trying to hook up with him.

Javard1985

Loved Member
Media
Buck being bi was extremely obvious the moment Eddie showed up, Buck was looking right at him while “what a man” was playing. He also has flirted with a lot of guys over the course of the show, not to mention TK from lone star literally thought Buck was trying to hook up with him.
My point still stands when it comes to Eddie.

bifaceted

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Apparently Tim is doing Hitchcock's "Vertigo" but instead of "Kim is Shannon" it's "Kim is Shannon's sister."

Please tell me this ends up with Eddie vowing to stay single.

I think it's obvious. They planned on pairing Eddie with Tommy at first but it fell through so they ended up with Buck and Tommy. If one fell through but the other got approved, the problem didn't come from the higher up. It's from the actor(s).
Or another way of thinking about it that could also be true: they had approval for one queer storyline but not for both Buck and Eddie in the same season. When Tommy and Eddie fell through they went with bi Buck.

Just think about CEO logic — they hate “risk” right now more than ever. To straight people, two characters coming out seems like “too many gays” and “unlikely.” They may also say that there needs to be a new young single guy if Buddie are dating each other (maybe Ravi??) To be clear I think this logic is bullshit, but it may be what they are having to put up with.

I think it’s possible that the deal right now is to see how the bi Buck ratings go before they get approval on going the Buddie route. Luckily ratings have stayed strong lately.

That’s not to say Ryan isn’t part of it, but it could all be coming from above.

And anyways, when they pitched Ryan the gay Eddie arc, it was probably December or January — and the screenshot thing was just in November. I can see him wanting to take a breather (and get things settled with his ex) before taking a storyline that would blow up with media attention. Look at how many interviews Oliver has done. The good thing is that if they go with Buddie now, I think Ryan could do less press or team up with Oliver for many of them (which would help because Oliver seems really good with the media). So I see the possibility but especially after Ryan recently saying that it’s “baby steps” to Buddie if anything at all, clearly it’s up in the air right now.

Caliops

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just hope we don't have to wait for these "baby steps" to grow into a full primary school child.
It's been 8 seasons already, how long are they gonna drag this out? We don't know for how long the show will go on after S8. The ratings are very good for their timeslot but the show is one of if not the more expensive on the network. I don't see it going much past 10 seasons, maybe 12 if we're lucky.

Reactions: Nana68

As_tas

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Or another way of thinking about it that could also be true: they had approval for one queer storyline but not for both Buck and Eddie in the same season. When Tommy and Eddie fell through they went with bi Buck.

Just think about CEO logic — they hate “risk” right now more than ever. To straight people, two characters coming out seems like “too many gays” and “unlikely.” They may also say that there needs to be a new young single guy if Buddie are dating each other (maybe Ravi??) To be clear I think this logic is bullshit, but it may be what they are having to put up with.

I think it’s possible that the deal right now is to see how the bi Buck ratings go before they get approval on going the Buddie route. Luckily ratings have stayed strong lately.

That’s not to say Ryan isn’t part of it, but it could all be coming from above.

And anyways, when they pitched Ryan the gay Eddie arc, it was probably December or January — and the screenshot thing was just in November. I can see him wanting to take a breather (and get things settled with his ex) before taking a storyline that would blow up with media attention. Look at how many interviews Oliver has done. The good thing is that if they go with Buddie now, I think Ryan could do less press or team up with Oliver for many of them (which would help because Oliver seems really good with the media). So I see the possibility but especially after Ryan recently saying that it’s “baby steps” to Buddie if anything at all, clearly it’s up in the air right now.
Nah, Tim is not that kind of planning type of guy. Remember that he initially wanted to bring Lucy, but since the actress was working on a pilot for FOX's lifeguard series they opted to bring Tommy instead, and then the idea of writing a queer story came from that. While the supposed "Bi Buck" story in Season 4 was vetted by higher-ups, this was most likely from Ryan.

They proposed the idea to Ryan in January. They were still filming a few scenes of the first 3 episodes according to Oliver's interview. I agree though that it's probably too soon for him. Now whether he wants to do it later or not is a different story considering his personality and pattern of behavior as of recent.

Nana68

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope Eddie goes bi or at least gets an interesting story. I don't care about his stupid girlfriend or his dead wife’s doppelganger, both of whom look older than him to me.

They should have Eddie become bi-curious. Queer couples always seem popular on these rescue shows as long as the actors are attractive enough in a traditional way. The lesbians on Station 19 and Tarlos on Lone Star have solid fanbases.

bifaceted

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nah, Tim is not that kind of planning type of guy. Remember that he initially wanted to bring Lucy, but since the actress was working on a pilot for FOX's lifeguard series they opted to bring Tommy instead, and then the idea of writing a queer story came from that. While the supposed "Bi Buck" story in Season 4 was vetted by higher-ups, this was most likely from Ryan.

They proposed the idea to Ryan in January. They were still filming a few scenes of the first 3 episodes according to Oliver's interview. I agree though that it's probably too soon for him. Now whether he wants to do it later or not is a different story considering his personality and pattern of behavior as of recent.
What about Ryan's behavior recently makes you think he may not accept? I kinda can't tell either way at this point.

Javard1985

Loved Member
Media
I always felt Ryan was the problem. I don’t care what going on in his personal life. He getting paid big money to do his job. How many regular people have stuff going on in their personal lives. But still have a job to do and not getting paid nearly as much as him. I also agree about not caring about Eddie wife or girlfriends.

Justin Brookes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always felt Ryan was the problem. I don’t care what going on in his personal life. He getting paid big money to do his job. How many regular people have stuff going on in their personal lives. But still have a job to do and not getting paid nearly as much as him. I also agree about not caring about Eddie wife or girlfriends.

That’a ridiculous. If he is not comfortable with something he has every right not to do it. If a studio doesn’t like that, they replace the actor or get rid of the character. Just like you have the right now to do something at work and, if you have enough leverage you don’t—or they replace you.

Javard1985

Loved Member
Media
That’a ridiculous. If he is not comfortable with something he has every right not to do it. If a studio doesn’t like that, they replace the actor or get rid of the character. Just like you have the right now to do something at work and, if you have enough leverage you don’t—or they replace you.
It’s not ridiculous. When you are an actor. Most real actors want to play roles that challenge them and gets people talking and brings attention to their careers and their projects. Most actors say. They like to play roles that makes them uncomfortable and that outside their comfort zone.

Reactions: Nana68

Nana68

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think he’ll have leverage much longer if he prevents Eddie from getting with Buck. I doubt it's a coincidence that the writers finally made Buck bi now that the show has a second chance on a new network. They have to give viewers what they want if they don't want the ratings to drop again and end up canceled a second time.

Nana68

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Precisely. Ryan’s alleged power-bottom activities should not interfere with his work. Actors who refuse storylines where they have to play gay often end up looking homophobic or like they have something to hide.

Reflex8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They've been renewed for season 8, whether that's ten episodes or more. None of that has been written yet although the producers will have story arcs in mind for the lead characters. Given that so many of the characters are coupled off in long-term relationships I'm not sure it makes dramatic sense to pair up another two of the leads together. Buck and Tommy may last quite a while depending on Lou's availability, but it makes sense to keep Eddie searching for whatever he's looking for, and with a decent budget they can bring in some high profile new characters. As much as l like the idea of "Buddie", dramatically it's a bit of a dead end.

Justin Brookes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It would still be his choice and it’s ridiculous to think he should be forced to loo. This is all based off the assumption he’s the reason it didn’t happen anyway which is still speculation.

Anyway, I do still think it’s possible, maybe not immediately but this dead wife doppelgänger story can only end with him dumping Marisol and being single again and then hey, who knows.

Justin Brookes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is he really a cock hungry bottom in real life? I just found out he was caught using grindr/scruff

We don’t really *know* his preference outside of that possible audio clip. But, I mean, come on, you can see why we want him to be a hungry bottom lol. That ass…

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Is he really a cock hungry bottom in real life? I just found out he was caught using grindr/scruff
Don't listen to these rumor mongers. Yes he was caught with gay apps but his alleged bedroom position is total speculation and fantasy.