Patrick Schwarzenegger

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
1. It's more the writing and character work, rather than how he treats his cast.
2. Girl... The Idol
how do you know 1? and if so HBO has a wealth of better writers/directors they could hire. Why didn't the cast just go with HBO?

Can you give me an example of an actor from The Idol who complained about Sam? weren't all the complaints from the behind the scenes crew AFTER they had gotten fired

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
Men are sexualized as well.
Chris-Evans-Not-Another-Teen-Movie.jpg

channing-sock.gif

image.gif.f276fefd0fc6245f0f8445214bf91d9d.gif

tumblr_meq7arXU3z1rysiszo1_500.gif

70f01dfdfe1104ce172146a6c3039093.gif

ATJ (James Bond) showed his hole in a beif shot of Savages. Not shown here.
Movie-Savages-remade-gif-8.gif

This was Tom Cruise offered up on a platter. Yes, he's not nude here, though he is later on in this movie.

Male sexuality is different then female, but men are also used as pieces of meat in Hollywood. Sadly Patrick has given up next to nothing.
nearly all these movies also have female objectification/nude scenes??

Reactions: Carolina HM

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
how do you know 1? and if so HBO has a wealth of better writers/directors they could hire. Why didn't the cast just go with HBO?

Can you give me an example of an actor from The Idol who complained about Sam? weren't all the complaints from the behind the scenes crew AFTER they had gotten fired
Again, I said he's good to his actors.

The issue lies in the script. It’s as if a manchild is penning his kinks and disguising them as a critique of female objectification, while he himself is objectifying women without any substantial reason. Unlike the film ‘Showgirls’, which despite its imperfections, at least had a real message.

Also, the Idol was just TERRIBLE writing overall.

TheBoss10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
nearly all these movies also have female objectification/nude scenes??
Equality, I love it! Never said women don't have nude scenes, just said men are objectified as well. Also, these movies are filming adults. Don't want to show your body, don't take the job. Period.

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
Again, I said he's good to his actors.

The issue lies in the script. It’s as if a manchild is penning his kinks and disguising them as a critique of female objectification, while he himself is objectifying women without any substantial reason. Unlike the film ‘Showgirls’, which despite its imperfections, at least had a real message.

Also, the Idol was just TERRIBLE writing overall.
I haven't said he's talented, I'm just saying a lot of the criticism he gets for being a bad person is unwarranted

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
Equality, I love it! Never said women don't have nude scenes, just said men are objectified as well. Also, these movies are filming adults. Don't want to show your body, don't take the job. Period.
yes and that's okay. Both men and women have nude scenes but women are way more objectified and sexualised than their male counterparts and it's not their fault. It's the system

Reactions: TheBoss10

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't said he's talented, I'm just saying a lot of the criticism he gets for being a bad person is unwarranted
It’s not that he’s a bad person, per se, just that someone needs to keep an eye on this dude.

His tendencies are evident in his writing. While I don’t believe he would directly molest or rape his stars, dude's got some kinks. Having such fetishes isn’t an issue - trust me, I jerk off to some fucked up shit. However, acting them out under the guise of critiquing female objectification is not a wise approach.

It's more his delusion and pride, rather than his malice is my issue.

TheBoss10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes and that's okay. Both men and women have nude scenes but women are way more objectified and sexualised than their male counterparts and it's not their fault. It's the system
No notes, I will agree to that statement. Thanks for being a good debater.

Now back to Patrick time?
36c18f3191ac3c7420ceec3ed3d74aecf8a8c92e.gif

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
It’s not that he’s a bad person, per se, just that someone needs to keep an eye on this dude.

His tendencies are evident in his writing. While I don’t believe he would directly molest or rape his stars, dude's got some kinks. Having such fetishes isn’t an issue - trust me, I jerk off to some fucked up shit. However, acting them out under the guise of critiquing female objectification is not a wise approach.

It's more his delusion and pride, rather than his malice is my issue.
why do you believe he's got these kinks? Writers write far away from their own experiences sometimes. Lots of people have written about rape or murder without doing that shit

wayne joynx

Superior Member
Media
No notes, I will agree to that statement. Thanks for being a good debater.

Now back to Patrick time?
36c18f3191ac3c7420ceec3ed3d74aecf8a8c92e.gif
hahaha, sorry:sob: I'm a lawyer and I think we are just taught in law school to argue. I am always like I'm not going to debate anyone on this platform but then I always take the bait:sob::sob:

Reactions: jtm011

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok there's a lot to unpack here, so I'mma do it piece by piece.
Yes, but not to the extent women are. Women have historically faced more objectification, often seen as property or walking tits. Sexism is embedded into modern culture, especially in American media. The Madona-whore complex often labels women as either virtuous role models (the Madonna) or promiscuous individuals deserving of scorn (the whore).
You make a valid point about “showing hole”, and how it’s different for women. TBH, I can’t find an A-list actress who has done this for a role, though there were quite a few indie European actresses who did so in the 70s. It seems to be more common with male actors, likely due to the stigma surrounding the male anus in Western media, which is influenced by homophobia. It’s even reached a point where some men consider it "gay" to wash their own assholes. However, the anus is pretty tricky to depict in film and TV, mainly because it’s concealed by the ass. If a male actor does show this part, it’s usually a blink-and-you-'ll-miss-it moment rather than a bold statement about breaking taboos.

The only A-list actor I can think of who explicitly showed hole is Ewan McGregor in Velvet Goldmine; this was his personal decision, not just a simple mooning scene as originally scripted. Other A-list celebs like Milo Ventimiglia, Adam Driver, Ryan Reynolds, Jason Statham, and Diego Luna did, but not intentionally. As for Aaron, I’m fairly certain he doesn’t show hole in Savages, just lots of booty, which I’m not complaining about.
This was Tom Cruise offered up on a platter. Yes, he's not nude here, though he is later on in this movie.
As sexy as it is to me to see a grown man dance around in tighty whities, the scene intended to depict youthful liberation, not sexual expression. Also, he doesn't get naked in Risky Business.
Male sexuality is different then female, but men are also used as pieces of meat in Hollywood.
It’s important to differentiate between sexual and non-sexual nudity between the sexes. A big distinction would be about butts. In PG-13 films, male rear nudity is often displayed, typically for comedic effect in non-sexual contexts; a staple of shock comedy. Conversely, female rear nudity in Western (particularly American) film and television is usually presented in more sexualized contexts. It’s rare to see female rear nudity used for comedic purposes in a PG-13 movie, at least nowadays, compared to an R-rated one. This is primarily because the actress’s frontal nudity could also be visible.

Nudity is not inherently sexual, but it can be portrayed or perceived as such, especially with women more than men. The show Girls, despite its MANY shortcomings, was revolutionary in its depiction of female nudity and sexuality. This was because women were reclaiming their bodies for their own expression, rather than merely serving as visual pleasure. The show was also egalitarian, displaying both explicit female and male nudity, although bordering on excessive at times. (I consider all nudity to be gratuitous regardless, but NO ONE needed that many closeups of Lena Dunham's bush.) While men can also reclaim their nudity, it doesn’t carry the same significance or impact.

I spent almost three damn hours on this, from getting examples to choosing the most careful word choices to giving y'all some history. I'm spent. Goodnight.

mikyang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chris-Evans-Not-Another-Teen-Movie.jpg

channing-sock.gif

image.gif.f276fefd0fc6245f0f8445214bf91d9d.gif

tumblr_meq7arXU3z1rysiszo1_500.gif

70f01dfdfe1104ce172146a6c3039093.gif

Movie-Savages-remade-gif-8.gif

Male sexuality is different then female, but men are also used as pieces of meat in Hollywood. Sadly Patrick has given up next to nothing.
yes but not as much as woman no skimpy outfits for man

mikyang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok there's a lot to unpack here, so I'mma do it piece by piece.

Yes, but not to the extent women are. Women have historically faced more objectification, often seen as property or walking tits. Sexism is embedded into modern culture, especially in American media. The Madona-whore complex often labels women as either virtuous role models (the Madonna) or promiscuous individuals deserving of scorn (the whore).

You make a valid point about “showing hole”, and how it’s different for women. TBH, I can’t find an A-list actress who has done this for a role, though there were quite a few indie European actresses who did so in the 70s. It seems to be more common with male actors, likely due to the stigma surrounding the male anus in Western media, which is influenced by homophobia. It’s even reached a point where some men consider it "gay" to wash their own assholes. However, the anus is pretty tricky to depict in film and TV, mainly because it’s concealed by the ass. If a male actor does show this part, it’s usually a blink-and-you-'ll-miss-it moment rather than a bold statement about breaking taboos.

The only A-list actor I can think of who explicitly showed hole is Ewan McGregor in Velvet Goldmine; this was his personal decision, not just a simple mooning scene as originally scripted. Other A-list celebs like Milo Ventimiglia, Adam Driver, Ryan Reynolds, Jason Statham, and Diego Luna did, but not intentionally. As for Aaron, I’m fairly certain he doesn’t show hole in Savages, just lots of booty, which I’m not complaining about.

As sexy as it is to me to see a grown man dance around in tighty whities, the scene intended to depict youthful liberation, not sexual expression. Also, he doesn't get naked in Risky Business.

It’s important to differentiate between sexual and non-sexual nudity between the sexes. A big distinction would be about butts. In PG-13 films, male rear nudity is often displayed, typically for comedic effect in non-sexual contexts; a staple of shock comedy. Conversely, female rear nudity in Western (particularly American) film and television is usually presented in more sexualized contexts. It’s rare to see female rear nudity used for comedic purposes in a PG-13 movie, at least nowadays, compared to an R-rated one. This is primarily because the actress’s frontal nudity could also be visible.

Nudity is not inherently sexual, but it can be portrayed or perceived as such, especially with women more than men. The show Girls, despite its MANY shortcomings, was revolutionary in its depiction of female nudity and sexuality. This was because women were reclaiming their bodies for their own expression, rather than merely serving as visual pleasure. The show was also egalitarian, displaying both explicit female and male nudity, although bordering on excessive at times. (I consider all nudity to be gratuitous regardless, but NO ONE needed that many closeups of Lena Dunham's bush.) While men can also reclaim their nudity, it doesn’t carry the same significance or impact.

I spent almost three damn hours on this, from getting examples to choosing the most careful word choices to giving y'all some history. I'm spent. Goodnight.
yeah female objectivity is very different from males and vice versa

sadly its still going on to this day