Nicholas Chavez

Gemris

Loved Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He’s an actor of course he’s allowed to do other projects outside of GH they all do it

That isn't usually the case when actors are on contract. He's still considered a newbie and is in front-burner story. The shows are more flexible now than they once were, but they can still keep him in house to avoid the schedule problems. Hopefully, they will give him some opportunity to spread his wings a little so he'll be willing to stay on the show once his original contract is up, but that's the exception unless something has been negotiated into an actor's contract.

Greg Vaughan was just talking about having to turn down an 8-episode return arc on Charmed during its final season because he was on contract with GH and they wouldn't agree to work around the schedule. Things have changed somewhat, but not as much as you think.

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just asking, he can't do other projects while his in General Hospital? If the answer is yes, please leave the show! :joy:
Soap actor contracts only forbid you from doing other daytime soaps while you are contracted. You are free to do whatever else sidework you like outside of the soap as long as it does not interfere with your schedule or performance or your contracted soap. We’ve seen actors in the past pull double duty performing films, primetime TV or theater work while appearing on their contracted soap

Gemris

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Soap actor contracts only forbid you from doing other daytime soaps while you are contracted. You are free to do whatever else sidework you like outside of the soap as long as it does not interfere with your schedule or performance or your contracted soap. We’ve seen actors in the past pull double duty performing films, primetime TV or theater work while appearing on their contracted soap

That's my point. If the soap wants you for story, they don't want to work around your schedule shooting something else. There are plenty of examples of the soaps saying NO to accommodating other shooting schedules. That's exactly why they put people on contract (and why so many others are not on contract). These days in particular, they can't afford to have someone holding up their schedule. Sometimes they allow it for quicker jobs, particularly depending on how heavy your story is, but often they still don't.

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That's my point. If the soap wants you for story, they don't want to work around your schedule shooting something else. There are plenty of examples of the soaps saying NO to accommodating other shooting schedules. That's exactly why they put people on contract (and why so many others are not on contract). These days in particular, they can't afford to have someone holding up their schedule. Sometimes they allow it for quicker jobs, particularly depending on how heavy your story is, but often they still don't.
I used to work for an agency here in L.A. that had some daytime soap clients as well as from linear TV & feature film, that’s how I know all this. There’s still a pecking order in Hollywood and soap production is more accomodating than features; they’d rather temp. release the actor or work around him. People in soaps want connections in features much more than the other way around.

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He's basically GH's young male lead at this point, no? They're going to try to hold on to him.
I believe GH would hold onto him forever if it could lol, the guy is young, beautiful and can act, he’s actually interesting to watch. Unless he’s got a problem (like Tyler Christopher’s alcohol or Ingo Rademacher’s toxicity) anyone would want to work with him. It will be NC’s choice when he wants to leave.

Gemris

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to work for an agency here in L.A. that had some daytime soap clients as well as from linear TV & feature film, that’s how I know all this. There’s still a pecking order in Hollywood and soap production is more accomodating than features; they’d rather temp. release the actor or work around him. People in soaps want connections in features much more than the other way around.

Everything you said is true, but you know actors under contract are obligated to their show first, even in soaps. Soaps may be more accommodating than other productions, but there are plenty of examples where the soaps have been unwilling to make it work. That’s all I’m saying. If the actor has a heavy story or shooting schedule, they’ve been known to say no. It will all depend on the length and intensity of the other project. I think we can all agree that we want Chavez to stay with the soap beyond his current contract, so I hope the show appreciates he’ll need to branch out.

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Everything you said is true, but you know actors under contract are obligated to their show first, even in soaps. Soaps may be more accommodating than other productions, but there are plenty of examples where the soaps have been unwilling to make it work. That’s all I’m saying. If the actor has a heavy story or shooting schedule, they’ve been known to say no. It will all depend on the length and intensity of the other project. I think we can all agree that we want Chavez to stay with the soap beyond his current contract, so I hope the show appreciates he’ll need to branch out.
What’s your work experience?

mariorosa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When Chavez was cast in the Tubi movie "Crushed" he told one of the soap sites that GH EP Frank Valentini and show brass were "really good about helping me figure out a schedule that worked for everybody," so I'm not worried about this new gig with Ryan Murphy (as Lyle Menendez opposite the often naked Cooper Koch as Eric). If Chavez wants to stay with GH, I suspect they'll be able to make it work.

Now, onto the most important part of this news. He just agreed to do a Ryan Murphy miniseries, and was cast opposite an actor whose already made an impact with full frontal nudity in gay-themed projects, so I'm thinking we're guaranteed to get Nicholas Chavez in briefs and very, very likely to get Nicholas Chavez ass, if not a whole lot of it, sooner rather than later...

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When Chavez was cast in the Tubi movie "Crushed" he told one of the soap sites that GH EP Frank Valentini and show brass were "really good about helping me figure out a schedule that worked for everybody," so I'm not worried about this new gig with Ryan Murphy (as Lyle Menendez opposite the often naked Cooper Koch as Eric). If Chavez wants to stay with GH, I suspect they'll be able to make it work.

Now, onto the most important part of this news. He just agreed to do a Ryan Murphy miniseries, and was cast opposite an actor whose already made an impact with full frontal nudity in gay-themed projects, so I'm thinking we're guaranteed to get Nicholas Chavez in briefs and very, very likely to get Nicholas Chavez ass, if not a whole lot of it, sooner rather than later...
The Menendez brothers story is a dark and gruesome one. But as you point out, Ryan Murphy now has Chavez in his clutches, so Murphy likely will sex-glam up Chavez’s Menendez character like Murphy did with Darren Criss’ Andrew Cunanan in “The Assassination of Gianni Versace.”

Dman1130

Mythical Member
Media
The Menendez brothers story is a dark and gruesome one. But as you point out, Ryan Murphy now has Chavez in his clutches, so Murphy likely will sex-glam up Chavez’s Menendez character like Murphy did with Darren Criss’ Andrew Cunanan in “The Assassination of Gianni Versace.”
Ryan Murphy got good taste in twinks

mariorosa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
OJ, too, in Murphy's OJ series, rear nudity as OJ enters a shower. It's Murphy's style and while I think there's always a risk in making a bad person "sexy" in their portrayal, he seems to do it more incidentally, more as an overall part of the story, rather than repeatedly sexualizing and objectifying the character (it's typically showering), and it somehow works for the type and style of the fictionalized, sensationalized "true crime" shows he makes. I'm not actually a fan, but after years of entertainment never turning down an optional opportunity to have a woman in her underwear or nude, I don't mind if the scales are being balanced a bit. Plus, not everything has to be Shakespeare.

Tomas26

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OJ, too, in Murphy's OJ series, rear nudity as OJ enters a shower. It's Murphy's style and while I think there's always a risk in making a bad person "sexy" in their portrayal, he seems to do it more incidentally, more as an overall part of the story, rather than repeatedly sexualizing and objectifying the character (it's typically showering), and it somehow works for the type and style of the fictionalized, sensationalized "true crime" shows he makes. I'm not actually a fan, but after years of entertainment never turning down an optional opportunity to have a woman in her underwear or nude, I don't mind if the scales are being balanced a bit. Plus, not everything has to be Shakespeare.
Did you see Darren Criss in the Versace series, though? Murphy totally sexualized his Andrew Cunanan (a brutal sociopath), it grossed me out.

• Haha
Reactions: thunderrafa